[Game Update] - 513864

• Developer

Bug Fixes

• Emergency Exit skin merged into the Scrap Metal Boat skin. Players that own the Emergency Exit skin will have it removed from their inventory, and replaced with 1,350 Spools.
  • The Lazy Forager will no longer pick up cursed items.
  • Fixed Pigmen and Merms going invisible when frozen.
  • Fixed Powder Monkey’s non stolen items showing in the stash.
  • Fixed Cannonballs spawning in the world when loading them into Boat Cannons.
  • Fixed Wurt’s tail from showing incorrectly in their Swashbuckler head skin.
  • Fixed Wortox’s tail in his Sea-Frayed Pants.
  • Removed duplicate crafting items from the Cawnival crafting recipes.
  • Fixed moving around when the map and crafting menu both are open with a controller.
  • Fixed a possible conflict with mods and becoming Wonkey.
  • Fixed Rudder placement animation.
  • Fixed an animation skip with characters tails.
  • Fixed a rare worldgen issue creating 0% durability traps.
  • Fixed some crashes with the pirate stash.
    • Debug print statements have been included to help track down more for the time being. Please report any crashes on the bug tracker with logs!
  • Fixed a crash related to boat bumpers.
  • Updated Wonkey UI art to display the new versions.

Notes For Modders

• Spoiler

• TileManager.AddTile’s turf_def now has 4 more parameters for finer control on turf creation for non-conformant assets. See prefabs/turfs.lua for its direct usage.
      • bank_override : Forces inst.AnimState:SetBank(X).
      • build_override : Forces inst.AnimState:SetBuild(X).
      • animzip_override : Forces Asset ANIM to anim/X.zip.
      • invicon_override : Forces Asset INV_IMAGE to turf_X.

View full update

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4
  • Health 1
  • Big Ups 2
  • Potato Cup 1

23 minutes ago, JesseB_Klei said:

I have looked over my math on this and found that it was framerate dependent and have removed this coupling in a coming patch. Thank you for pointing this out! This should also fix the zooming all the way out issue.

But did you? Or you meant the next patch after this one?

• Developer
Note on this part: Players that own the Emergency Exit skin will have it removed from their inventory, and replaced with 1,350 Spools.

This will take some time for us to process, and we need to wait until the consoles builds have received this hotfix as well. At that point we can start the refunding process.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3
  • Big Ups 1
  • Potato Cup 1

8 minutes ago, PeterA said:

Note on this part: Players that own the Emergency Exit skin will have it removed from their inventory, and replaced with 1,350 Spools.

This will take some time for us to process, and we need to wait until the consoles builds have received this hotfix as well. At that point we can start the refunding process.

We should give Klei devs points ourselves for thier amazing work and dedication to the community and the game. :grin:

Edited by Nickolai
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Big Ups 2

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

Emergency Exit skin merged into the Scrap Metal Boat skin. Players that own the Emergency Exit skin will have it removed from their inventory, and replaced with 1,350 Spools.

Dear Klei Entertaiment, you can rest easy now, for you have redeemed yourself for all your sins.

Edited by Dragonboooorn
  • Like 6
  • Haha 4
  • Potato Cup 2

• Developer
3 minutes ago, xhyom said:

Will there be a price reduction on the Inventor's Excursion chest?

Not at this point since Steam places limits on our ability to make price changes within a certain period of time from the release date. Possibly in the future though.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Potato Cup 1

I'm starting to wonder if I did get my 1350 spools, I'm bad at paying attention to my spool count, but I remember having around 5300 spools before the update and still do, was it because I got the emergency exit skin via buying the Inventor's Excursion chest rather than having woven the emergency exit?

I guess there's no point in me rambling about it.

Just now, Lokena said:

They said it would take them time to compensate everyone. Also, I think you can track the number of your spools through the transaction page?

I did look at the page, didn't see anything regarding the spool increase.

I just assumed it only applied to those who had woven the emergency exit.

• Wavey 1

12 hours ago, PeterA said:

I found that my emergency exit skin was removed, but the spool was not returned.

Klei Account(20220706195111).png

• Like 1
  • Wavey 1

1 hour ago, horuakuti6 said:

I found that my emergency exit skin was removed, but the spool was not returned.

Klei Account(20220706195111).png

the post you are quoting says that refunding the spools will take some time. The emergency exit is included in the boat skin tho, you can change it with clean sweaper

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

the post you are quoting says that refunding the spools will take some time. The emergency exit is included in the boat skin tho, you can change it with clean sweaper

I heard some people have returned the spool, thank you

• Developer
30 minutes ago, IceTime said:

I haven't received compensation. If it hasn't started yet, please forgive my impatience

2 hours ago, horuakuti6 said:

I heard some people have returned the spool, thank you

These have not started yet this may take some time to finalize.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Potato Cup 1