[Game Update] - 513098


Recommended Posts

  • Developer

Changes:

  • Reloading Cannons via dropping a stack of Cannonballs onto them won’t return the Cannonballs back into the player’s inventory.
    • This is to make it easier to load multiple Cannons without wanting to aim them afterwards. The Right-click to reload Cannons for faster aiming & shooting made this redundant.
  • Increased Cannonball damage to 200 (direct hit) / 120 (splash damage)
  • Adjusted Boat Magnets to follow beacons better.
  • Pirate Powder Monkeys steal without doing damage now to make non aggressive solutions more approachable.
  • Pirate Raids scale a little with the age of the world

Bug Fixes:

  • Fixed Ocean Trawler animations for when it simulates catching fish.
  • Fixed missing art on Willow’s default skin.
  • Fixed being able to reload Cannons while they’re on fire.
  • Fixed Ocean Trawlers being too close for controllers to place.
  • Fixed Woby and Abigail duplicating when transforming to Wonkey.
  • Fixed Wanda’s age cycles breaking when transforming from Wonkey.
  • Fixed character specific equipment items disappearing when transforming to Wonkey.
  • Fixed Wonkey missing cuffs during their custom idle animation.
  • Fixed an issue with getting stuck as Wonkey with no more cursed items.
  • Fixed Maxwell’s Shadows and Merms chopping, mining or shovelling Cawnival structures.
  • Fixed Merms having their equipment disappearing when going back to their homes.
  • Fixed Meat Effigy and Debuffable states not transferring to and from Wonkey.
  • Fixed several bugs allowing boats to be placed in places where they don’t fit.
  • Fixed a typo in Wendy’s speech descriptions.
  • Fixed a case with carrying too many cursed items at once.
  • Fixed a bug where boat magnet beacons showed the wrong inventory icon when not paired with a magnet.
  • Fixed incorrect animations for when Wolfgang carried oversized rotten tomatoes and watermelons, adjusted shadows and oversized asparagus location.
  • Fixed Snowfallen Wolfgang moustache not being visible when moving upwards.
  • Fixed a rare crash related to the Sea Fishing Rod Bobber.
  • Fixed a crash related to c_freecrafting Potter’s Wheel.
  • Polly Roger won’t get trapped in bird traps now. She’ll avoid things set as bait.
     

View full update

  • Like 25
  • Thanks 2
  • Health 1
  • Sanity 1
  • Potato Cup 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Jason said:
  • Fixed Wonkey missing cuffs during their custom idle animation.

Appreciate this as well!
I do hope my cuff suggestion may be pondered a bit, I'd kill to see it become a thing sometime.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Jason said:
  • Pirate Powder Monkeys steal without doing damage now to make non aggressive solutions more approachable.
  • Pirate Raids scale a little with the age of the world

I don't have time to test this but I'm gonna assume pirate raids are effectively dead if they don't do damage they're basically toothless bullies waiting to be pounded basically this mechanic was probably nerfed into the ground kind of like I expected....sigh...

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Increased Cannonball damage to 200 (direct hit) / 120 (splash damage)

Also slingshot is starting to really look bad now...

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Happy Hazard 1
  • Shopcat 1
  • Potato Cup 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

this mechanic was probably nerfed into the ground kind of like I expected....sigh...

 

2 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I don't have time to test this

Could you pretty please test it first before assuming its been nerfed into the ground??
I don't understand the mindset of preparing for the worst, especially since a slight tweak was super requested.

  • Like 18
  • Thanks 2
  • Happy Hazard 1
  • Big Ups 2
  • Potato Cup 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I don't have time to test this but I'm gonna assume pirate raids are effectively dead if they don't do damage they're basically toothless bullies waiting to be pounded basically this mechanic was probably nerfed into the ground kind of like I expected....sigh...

Also slingshot is starting to really look bad now...

I think they mean that they’re not immediately hostile and instead raid you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, -Variant said:

 

Could you pretty please test it first before assuming its been nerfed into the ground??
I don't understand the mindset of preparing for the worst, especially since a slight tweak was super requested.

my thoughts on it being nerfed into the ground were on it saying they don't deal damage when they're stealing I think that part of the notes is straightforward unless I'm missing something.

Edit: I will say tho maybe(hopefully) they start dealing actual damage if you attack them.

5 minutes ago, Copyafriend said:

I think they mean that they’re not immediately hostile and instead raid you

I mean I imagine snatching things off someone actively fighting you would probably end up with both parties getting hurt even a little I could be wrong tho.

Edited by Mysterious box
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey! Hey!! Wonkey got new art!!
The new art really resembles my second take on Wonkey, unsure if I made an impact on their decision but it feels GREAT to see this!
I put the new Wonkey next to mine here:
Wonkey_revision_detail.thumb.png.e92a68c789db434c817b5984b47b49d2.png

Edited by -Variant
  • Like 19
  • Health 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Edit: I will say tho maybe(hopefully) they start dealing actual damage if you attack them.

I've tested it a bit, and this part is true! They'll start hitting you as normal if you try to defend yourself

It looks like this mechanic basically allows you to surrender your goods to the pirates in exchange for your life. Otherwise you can fight back and things proceed as normal.

Edited by YouKnowWho
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • GL Happy 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

with this patch you can no longer build a perpetual motion machine with a circle of boats with nautopilots, really sucks because i saw a lot of people excited over this quirk and i hate to see it gone.

  • Sad 1
  • Shopcat 1
  • Sad Dupe 10
  • Potato Cup 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I don't have time to test this but I'm gonna assume pirate raids are effectively dead if they don't do damage they're basically toothless bullies waiting to be pounded basically this mechanic was probably nerfed into the ground kind of like I expected....sigh...

didnt tested yet but i think they focus on stealing things so you can simply surrend and let them take your stuff but they will fight back if you atack them. i think is a good addition for those who dont like them and also refuse to bring bananas with them for some reason and is something or when you know you cant win the fight plus, as far as i know, real pirates did in the past

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

I've tested it a bit, and this part is true! They'll start hitting you as normal if you try to defend yourself

It looks like this mechanic basically allows you to surrender your goods to the pirates in exchange for your life. Otherwise you can fight back and things proceed as normal.

Ok then that makes me a bit happier how many spawn per raid tho?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Jason said:

Pirate Raids scale a little with the age of the world

I think the main problem was the stunlock and no cool down. I don't see this scaling helping solo players at all

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, LitulLola said:

I think the main problem was the stunlock and no cool down. I don't see this scaling helping solo players at all

 

sleep darts, ice staffs, followers, burning their ship there are many cheap methods to deal with raids if you dislike tanking them and your playing alone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Jason said:

Fixed missing art on Willow’s default skin.

Thank you! Could someone explain how is it different? Did they change how big her forehead looks and the dent on her head?

 

Edited by DelroyBM
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

sleep darts, ice staffs, followers, burning their ship there are many cheap methods to deal with raids if you dislike tanking them and your playing alone.

I have no problem with them but those that do were solo players and this didn't help them

  • Potato Cup 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DelroyBM said:

Thank you! Could someone explain how is it different? Did they change how big her forehead looks and the dent on her head?

It's a collection of fixes that apply to every Willow skin to fix her missing whiskers and eyelashes.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share