[Game Update] - 513098

• Developer

Changes:

• Reloading Cannons via dropping a stack of Cannonballs onto them won’t return the Cannonballs back into the player’s inventory.
    • This is to make it easier to load multiple Cannons without wanting to aim them afterwards. The Right-click to reload Cannons for faster aiming & shooting made this redundant.
  • Increased Cannonball damage to 200 (direct hit) / 120 (splash damage)
  • Adjusted Boat Magnets to follow beacons better.
  • Pirate Powder Monkeys steal without doing damage now to make non aggressive solutions more approachable.
  • Pirate Raids scale a little with the age of the world

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed Ocean Trawler animations for when it simulates catching fish.
  • Fixed missing art on Willow’s default skin.
  • Fixed being able to reload Cannons while they’re on fire.
  • Fixed Ocean Trawlers being too close for controllers to place.
  • Fixed Woby and Abigail duplicating when transforming to Wonkey.
  • Fixed Wanda’s age cycles breaking when transforming from Wonkey.
  • Fixed character specific equipment items disappearing when transforming to Wonkey.
  • Fixed Wonkey missing cuffs during their custom idle animation.
  • Fixed an issue with getting stuck as Wonkey with no more cursed items.
  • Fixed Maxwell’s Shadows and Merms chopping, mining or shovelling Cawnival structures.
  • Fixed Merms having their equipment disappearing when going back to their homes.
  • Fixed Meat Effigy and Debuffable states not transferring to and from Wonkey.
  • Fixed several bugs allowing boats to be placed in places where they don’t fit.
  • Fixed a typo in Wendy’s speech descriptions.
  • Fixed a case with carrying too many cursed items at once.
  • Fixed a bug where boat magnet beacons showed the wrong inventory icon when not paired with a magnet.
  • Fixed incorrect animations for when Wolfgang carried oversized rotten tomatoes and watermelons, adjusted shadows and oversized asparagus location.
  • Fixed Snowfallen Wolfgang moustache not being visible when moving upwards.
  • Fixed a rare crash related to the Sea Fishing Rod Bobber.
  • Fixed a crash related to c_freecrafting Potter’s Wheel.
  • Polly Roger won’t get trapped in bird traps now. She’ll avoid things set as bait.

View full update

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2
  • Health 1
  • Sanity 1
  • Potato Cup 1

7 minutes ago, Jason said:
  • Pirate Powder Monkeys steal without doing damage now to make non aggressive solutions more approachable.
  • Pirate Raids scale a little with the age of the world

I don't have time to test this but I'm gonna assume pirate raids are effectively dead if they don't do damage they're basically toothless bullies waiting to be pounded basically this mechanic was probably nerfed into the ground kind of like I expected....sigh...

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Increased Cannonball damage to 200 (direct hit) / 120 (splash damage)

Also slingshot is starting to really look bad now...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Happy Hazard 1
  • Shopcat 1
  • Potato Cup 1

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

this mechanic was probably nerfed into the ground kind of like I expected....sigh...

2 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I don't have time to test this

Could you pretty please test it first before assuming its been nerfed into the ground??
I don't understand the mindset of preparing for the worst, especially since a slight tweak was super requested.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2
  • Happy Hazard 1
  • Big Ups 2
  • Potato Cup 1

3 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I don't have time to test this but I'm gonna assume pirate raids are effectively dead if they don't do damage they're basically toothless bullies waiting to be pounded basically this mechanic was probably nerfed into the ground kind of like I expected....sigh...

Also slingshot is starting to really look bad now...

I think they mean that they’re not immediately hostile and instead raid you

7 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Could you pretty please test it first before assuming its been nerfed into the ground??
I don't understand the mindset of preparing for the worst, especially since a slight tweak was super requested.

my thoughts on it being nerfed into the ground were on it saying they don't deal damage when they're stealing I think that part of the notes is straightforward unless I'm missing something.

Edit: I will say tho maybe(hopefully) they start dealing actual damage if you attack them.

5 minutes ago, Copyafriend said:

I think they mean that they’re not immediately hostile and instead raid you

I mean I imagine snatching things off someone actively fighting you would probably end up with both parties getting hurt even a little I could be wrong tho.

Edited by Mysterious box
  • Like 1

Hey! Hey!! Wonkey got new art!!
The new art really resembles my second take on Wonkey, unsure if I made an impact on their decision but it feels GREAT to see this!
I put the new Wonkey next to mine here:
Wonkey_revision_detail.thumb.png.e92a68c789db434c817b5984b47b49d2.png

Edited by -Variant
  • Like 19
  • Health 2

13 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Edit: I will say tho maybe(hopefully) they start dealing actual damage if you attack them.

I've tested it a bit, and this part is true! They'll start hitting you as normal if you try to defend yourself

It looks like this mechanic basically allows you to surrender your goods to the pirates in exchange for your life. Otherwise you can fight back and things proceed as normal.

Edited by YouKnowWho
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • GL Happy 3

20 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

didnt tested yet but i think they focus on stealing things so you can simply surrend and let them take your stuff but they will fight back if you atack them. i think is a good addition for those who dont like them and also refuse to bring bananas with them for some reason and is something or when you know you cant win the fight plus, as far as i know, real pirates did in the past

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

I've tested it a bit, and this part is true! They'll start hitting you as normal if you try to defend yourself

It looks like this mechanic basically allows you to surrender your goods to the pirates in exchange for your life. Otherwise you can fight back and things proceed as normal.

Ok then that makes me a bit happier how many spawn per raid tho?

2 minutes ago, LitulLola said:

I think the main problem was the stunlock and no cool down. I don't see this scaling helping solo players at all

sleep darts, ice staffs, followers, burning their ship there are many cheap methods to deal with raids if you dislike tanking them and your playing alone.

52 minutes ago, Jason said:

Fixed missing art on Willow’s default skin.

Thank you! Could someone explain how is it different? Did they change how big her forehead looks and the dent on her head?

Edited by DelroyBM

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

sleep darts, ice staffs, followers, burning their ship there are many cheap methods to deal with raids if you dislike tanking them and your playing alone.

I have no problem with them but those that do were solo players and this didn't help them

• Potato Cup 1

4 minutes ago, DelroyBM said:

Thank you! Could someone explain how is it different? Did they change how big her forehead looks and the dent on her head?

It's a collection of fixes that apply to every Willow skin to fix her missing whiskers and eyelashes.

• Thanks 1