[Game Update] - 513098

I just hope they remove the stunlock from the curse. 

For me there is good difficulty and bad difficulty in games. And a fight that stuns you when you defete an enemy (instead of getting hit) so you just have to put armor on and press F (which is not difficult at all, just boring) is not good difficulty for me. 

Edited by lionking102
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

Do you remember when don't starve together was described as a uncompromising survival game? Well pepperidge farms remembers...

The game is also called Don't Starve and food is barely a problem unless you're Warly. We're surrounded by lies. 

3 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

I shudder to think what would have happened to hound waves and depth worm waves had they become a thing later into this game's history.

They wouldn't be as unfair. Depth Worms ambushes are still my least favorite aspect of the game.  

• Like 3
  • Wavey 1

4 hours ago, Nettalie said:

Yes I do indeed remember the catch phrase that was not even accurate all the way back then.

People keep bringing it up and I dont understand why that'd be such a "gotcha" moment as if all the arguments anyone could bring up are immediately null and void, which only gets funnier when the only ""uncompromising"" features of ds were hound waves, which most consider overly punishing and not that fun to begin with, and and maybe wildfires from rog, which people view mostly the same way as hound waves. Other than that the game was even easier than dst is currently.

The only reason people might have viewed it as more difficult was that we all had no idea what we were doing, were learning the game's ins and outs, didnt have thousands upon thousands of hours of playtime and if we wanna talk REALLY early, the wiki was still in its infancy.

So no other threats than these would count as harsh? Such as like perma death if you don't prepare revive tools or frog rain to name a few there are many things in the game that could be considered uncompromising.

4 hours ago, Nettalie said:

But?

Nobody is saying that?

At all?

Actually if you look thru other posts the 1-2 monkeys per person was specifically mentioned

3 hours ago, meow meow meow said:

They're dangerous because boating isn't like... putting a boat in the ocean and then standing on it satisfied and disconnecting. You have to boat around in the native environment of these threats unless you're literally just never going to leave shallow water.

How are any mobs dangerous except hounds and giants if they require player interaction to be dangerous? Because you'll have to deal with them if you ever leave the area immediately around the portal. Are the only dangerous things in this game hounds, frogs, deerclops, and bearger? But even then, Bearger requires player interaction to be dangerous, because you can just pick up different food from what she wants. Oh, and frogs... you can walk away from those. Deerclops? She despawns too if you just run enough. Are hounds the only danger?

4 hours ago, xhyom said:

Yeah Tallbirds doesn't attack you until you get close enough, spiders only come at night, pigs are neutral and even help you, beefalos are just beefalos. All of that and you don't even need to build a boat, truly a dangerous place.

3 hours ago, meow meow meow said:

Does that not require player interaction for the structures you want to be placed down? And for you to even be near those structures when Deerclops spawns?

I guess interaction was the wrong word for the point I was trying to make but I was rushing earlier due to needing to go do something else my point was the sea is full of non hostile mobs and with 3 hostile mobs ono of which the shark who I can count on my hands for the amount of times I've seen at sea while on the main island there are active threats who hinder you in one way or another you've got hounds, tree guards, poison birch, tentacles, gobblers, frogs, antlion, buzzards, depth worms, nightmare lights, bats, slurpers, splumonkeys, depth worms, hound waves, depth worm waves, broken clockworks, bunnymen constant sanity drain(caves) and I'm sure I've missed some. Most people I've played with generally go to sea specifically for how safe it is.

4 hours ago, Maxil20 said:

Personally, I feel the issue people are experiencing is just the fact they attack way too frequently. The most recent QOL update increased the delay between depth worm waves and hound attacks so it didn't feel like something that showed up every 30 minutes. Monkeys attacking in a fraction of the time in an environment that was previously static of periodic attacks feels Very off, especially when that same update encourages early boat exploration with items like the grass boat being easily accessible. It is especially concerning the island these attacks come from can spawn pretty much anywhere, including other important areas like pearl's island and especially crab king's arena.

I've already said in other posts that they need a cooldown and that they shouldn't spawn more than 1 ship at a time the main issue being pushed isn't this it's that the raids require prep at all.

4 hours ago, Maxil20 said:

The counters in place work, but they take a lot of planning beforehand to do, especially the fact the easiest counters (cannons and bananas) are mainly/only available once you reach the island. You can get by with other options like the pan flute, but they are much more costly (and, given the mentioned frequency of waves, will quickly wear out).

I don't see a issue with content requiring prep when it only takes up 25% of the sea and I know for whatever reason people are choosing to neglect other crowd control options offered as pointless for some reason but it doesn't mean they don't exist even with the sleep dart method I mentioned earlier it's not like it doesn't take time for the monkey to go into the sleep animation, and come out of the waking animation which in that time lowers the amount of monkeys we're fighting and can lead to a monkey's death in said time frame and the ice staff speaks for itself not to mention there are likely other methods I haven't tested or thought of.

1 hour ago, maxwell_winters said:

They wouldn't be as unfair. Depth Worms ambushes are still my least favorite aspect of the game.  

What in particular is unfair about them? On a side note I guess I have my answer for my other question they wouldn't exist...

1 hour ago, maxwell_winters said:

The game is also called Don't Starve and food is barely a problem unless you're Warly. We're surrounded by lies. 

The food is balanced around multiplayer and even then it's still very possible for some to starve due to hoarding.

Edited by Mysterious box

23 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

What in particular is unfair about them? On a side note I guess I have my answer for my other question they wouldn't exist...

5 Worms can ambush you in the tight corner, eat through your entire armor quickly and kill you. You can neither froze them, ignite them, put them to sleep nor lure into the trap. Even if you synchronize their attack, one mess-up deals 375 damage which is just ridiculuos. Celestial Champion and Ancient Fuelweaver deal 3 times less damage. 

40 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

The food is balanced around multiplayer and even then it's still very possible for some to starve due to hoarding.

It wasn't an issue in the single-player either once you find out that a crock pot exists. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I guess interaction was the wrong word for the point I was trying to make but I was rushing earlier due to needing to go do something else my point was the sea is full of non hostile mobs and with 3 hostile mobs ono of which the shark who I can count on my hands for the amount of times I've seen at sea while on the main island there are active threats who hinder you in one way or another you've got hounds, tree guards, poison birch, tentacles, gobblers, frogs, antlion, buzzards, depth worms, nightmare lights, bats, slurpers, splumonkeys, depth worms, hound waves, depth worm waves, broken clockworks, bunnymen constant sanity drain(caves) and I'm sure I've missed some. Most people I've played with generally go to sea specifically for how safe it is.

First of all, you can literally walk away from all these things, which with monkeys is different, as you either have to fight or let them take 20 items. Now to tell me that people actually go to sea because of safety at sea is to want too much to find an argument that doesn't exist, nobody does that, nobody stays at sea the entire game, everyone who goes to sea is susceptible to the same dangers of the land that everyone is. If you keep pretending that the land is so dangerous that the sea needs a mechanic with basically no counterplay I'll just leave you talking to yourself.

And stop saying you just need to prepare yourself, you will lose half of your health if you fight them with a log suit, you will be cursed and lose a inventory space, It's not like there's no GRASS boat that you can make at day one. You can't demand people to be fully armed to explore, you don't need a thulecite crown to WALK, there's no danger in land that will make you NEED to fight, and if you feel the urge to fight everything that crosses your screen I bet kitting is an option.

Edited by xhyom
  • Like 8

I have an idea about magnets

First of all, I'm not sure that my translator can accurately express what I mean. I'm really sorry.

The magnets in 513098 can not satisfy the players' imagination of magnets, and the designers may just barely meet the original idea

Through the test, I found that the magnet is a momentum imitation of the beacon, and this behavior itself will have hysteresis. And the momentum decreases.

My idea is to add a new algorithm function between the magnet momentum and the beacon distance, but this will cause new problems, that is, you can place magnets and beacons anywhere on the ship. It is necessary to force their real action points to the center of the ship to ensure the accuracy of distance calculation.

If the ship is far away, the magnet will accelerate quickly. If the ship is close, the ship will slow down to reach the speed we want. It requires a decelerating reaction. The force will not decrease until the speed meets the expectation.

I can't provide a specific formula. I can only provide an idea

Just now, xhyom said:

First of all, you can literally walk away from all these things, which with monkeys is different, as you either have to fight or let them take 20 items.

Or abandon ship, or give them a banana, or shoot their ship with a cannon

2 minutes ago, xhyom said:

Now to tell me that people actually go to sea because of safety at sea is to want too much to find an argument that doesn't exist, nobody does that

Got it I'll be sure to refer to people I talk to doing this as nobodies and promptly tell them to join organization 13.

3 minutes ago, xhyom said:

nobody stays at sea the entire game

Don't remember saying this but maybe it slipped my mind.

3 minutes ago, xhyom said:

everyone who goes to sea is susceptible to the same dangers of the land that everyone is.

Such as? I'm not saying there's absolutely zero danger but equal to land?

5 minutes ago, xhyom said:

If you keep pretending that the land is so dangerous that the sea needs a mechanic with basically no counterplay I'll just leave you talking to yourself.

Are you implying the level of danger between land and sea content is completely equal?

6 minutes ago, xhyom said:

And stop saying you just need to prepare yourself, you will lose half of your health if you fight them with a log suit, you will be cursed and lose a inventory space

So there's nothing that can help with this there's nothing at all out of all the weapons and armors in the game we possess you'll always lose half your hp at the end of every encounter with them no questions asked?

8 minutes ago, xhyom said:

It's not like there's no GRASS boat that you can make at day one. You can't demand people to be fully armed to explore, you don't need a thulecite crown to WALK, there's no danger in land that will make you NEED to fight and if you feel the urge to fight everything that crosses your screen I bet kitting is an option.

But they only attack a set area of the map and even then you can also craft a torch and pickaxe day one and run into bunnymen and the ruins.

12 minutes ago, maxwell_winters said:

5 Worms can ambush you in the tight corner, eat through your entire armor quickly and kill you. You can neither froze them, ignite them, put them to sleep nor lure into the trap. Even if you synchronize their attack, one mess-up deals 375 damage which is just ridiculuos. Celestial Champion and Ancient Fuelweaver deal 3 times less damage. 

I see that as more of the unexpected chaos of the game much like getting a hound wave or frog rain during a boss fight but I can see if others feel differently about that.

13 minutes ago, maxwell_winters said:

It wasn't an issue in the single-player either once you find out that a crock pot exists. 

Fair enough.

As for pirates, I think I can defeat four monkeys by relying on my wisdom and previous material accumulation. I have defeated them alone in the beta, but I am afraid they will attack me when I am not ready.

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

t as more of the unexpected chaos of the game much like getting a hound wave or frog rain during a boss fight but I can see if others feel differently about that.

I like chaos, too. But all the other kinds of chaotic mobs are avoidable in every scenario and have multiple ways of dealing with them. However, the caves and the ruins have tight spaces and dead ends which often make Depth Worms impossible to avoid. I don't even have problems with Depths Worms as mobs but 5 of them at the same time is unfair. 

21 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Or abandon ship, or give them a banana, or shoot their ship with a cannon

Got it I'll be sure to refer to people I talk to doing this as nobodies and promptly tell them to join organization 13.

Don't remember saying this but maybe it slipped my mind.

Such as? I'm not saying there's absolutely zero danger but equal to land?

Are you implying the level of danger between land and sea content is completely equal?

So there's nothing that can help with this there's nothing at all out of all the weapons and armors in the game we possess you'll always lose half your hp at the end of every encounter with them no questions asked?

But they only attack a set area of the map and even then you can also craft a torch and pickaxe day one and run into bunnymen and the ruins.

I see that as more of the unexpected chaos of the game much like getting a hound wave or frog rain during a boss fight but I can see if others feel differently about that.

Fair enough.

How I'm supposed to have a banana early game? How I'm supposed to have a CANNON early game? I'm supposed to lose my health and 4 Boards because a inevitable mechanic happened?

Yeah It's visible how many tutorials of staying still at sea are dropping now, It's literally the meta and no one figured it yet until you pointed. Thank you! Even tho people tend to literally never ever sail at all.

There's no need for a boat on land so? The combat is different (Was until monkeys), the way you move is different, why does it need to be more dangerous? And it's not that it's safe, if you hit you boat really slow you can and will sink early game, and that's not even combat, that's just the same as pressing WASD on land.

Yes you will lose half your health, as you can die with a marble suit stunlocked but yeah I agree, i can just make MAGIC WEAPONS, waste a PAN FLUTE or use SLEEP DARTS genius, totally a thing people have at all times, even more at early game, the problem is me, who don't want to think out of the box like you a genius that loves challenging yourself

You keep trying to put hound waves as the same as pirates, even if a hound wave occuors at a boss fight they will probably lose interest in you and start fighting the boss if you just run in circles. How is that the same as beign raided randomly and NEEDING to tank every ******* hit?

Lastly, beign able to ignore most of the danger by walking is what makes ruins rush a thing, is bunnymen a problem to you and 5 monkeys hitting you on a enclosured space not? It's just visible that you don't sail at all

Edited by xhyom
  • Like 7

I just found out that the unarmed monkey is also stealing from me and stealing my belongings. This update is really too bad. I can't accept such a bad monkey.

In the previous version, the unarmed monkeys were free and would not take the initiative to attack the players.

Now I feel the malice

• Haha 4
  • Sad Dupe 2

1 minute ago, xhyom said:

How I'm supposed to have a banana early game? How I'm supposed to have a CANNON early game? I'm supposed to lose my health and 4 Boards because a inevitable mechanic happened?

If this post is to be believed in the early game you only get 2-3 monkeys so at that point they should be child's play

Yeah It's visible how many tutorials of staying still at sea are dropping now, It's literally the meta and no one figured it yet until you pointed. Thank you! Even tho people tend to literally never ever sail at all.

I said this about people I've interacted with or have talked to in passing why are you getting offended by this?

6 minutes ago, xhyom said:

There's no need for a boat on land so? The combat is different (Was until monkeys), the way you move is different, why does it need to be more dangerous? And it's not that it's safe, if you hit you boat really slow you can and will sink early game, and that's not even combat, that's just the same as pressing WASD on land.

You can also craft a boat patch for this early game unless you somehow crafted a boat without it's station and as of the update you have bumpers to lower the chance of this happening with kelp.

9 minutes ago, xhyom said:

Yes you will lose half your health, as you can die with a marble suit stunlocked but yeah I agree, i can just make MAGIC WEAPONS, waste a PAN FLUTE or use SLEEP DARTS genius, totally a thing people have at all times even more at early game, the problem is me, that don't want to think out of the box like you a genius that loves challenging yourself

Early game has 2-3 monkeys also you could just avoid their area once you know where it is early game sure you might have to surrender your loot the first time but again it's early game so you probably don't have much of value at least that's what it seems like your hinting at.

14 minutes ago, xhyom said:

You literally keep trying to put hound waves as the same as pirates, even if a hound wave occuors at a boss fight they will probably lose interest in you and start fighting the boss if you just run is circles. How is that the same as beign raided randomly and NEEDING to tank every ******* hit?

I mean to be fair hound waves don't leave after just robbing you either.

15 minutes ago, xhyom said:

Lastly, beign able to ignore most of the danger by walking is what makes ruins rush a thing, is bunnymen a problem to you and 5 monkeys hitting you on a enclosured space not? It's just visible that you don't sail at all

No but I doubt everyone would agree on the level of danger should we nerf them as well so as to be fair?

7 minutes ago, IceTime said:

I just found out that the unarmed monkey is also stealing from me and stealing my belongings. This update is really too bad. I can't accept such a bad monkey.

In the previous version, the unarmed monkeys were free and would not take the initiative to attack the players.

Now I feel the malice

They only didn't attack if you had the blessings of the queen otherwise your loot was up for grabs.

14 minutes ago, IceTime said:

Now I feel the malice

This is one of the best posts I've seen in this forum, thank you

• Sad Dupe 1

2 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I said this about people I've interacted with or have talked to in passing why are you getting offended by this?

I'm getting offended because everything you say you tend to put other as idiots, why are you explaning a game mechanic to me? You really think I don't know about boat patches? Pan Flute? Magic? Kitting? Anything? You act like I'm a idiot and don't know **** about the game when I'm not even talking about those things.

5 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I mean to be fair hound waves don't leave after just robbing you either.

Yeah, they are probably occupied giving out gems, teeth and more food. That's considering I killed them with one of billions of strategies I can use to get rid of them, including just kitting, since I could just ignore them and leave them for later.

7 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

No but I doubt everyone would agree on the level of danger should we nerf them as well so as to be fair?

That's dont even make any sense? When did i said anything about nerfing these things? It's exhausting to argue with a person who's only intention is to appear bigger and better over others, this is simply bad faith.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, xhyom said:

You really think I don't know about boat patches?

30 minutes ago, xhyom said:

And it's not that it's safe, if you hit you boat really slow you can and will sink early game, and that's not even combat, that's just the same as pressing WASD on land.

Not particularly what I thought but since you made this quote I simply brought up the solution.

I'm getting offended because everything you say you tend to put other as idiots, why are you explaning a game mechanic to me? You really think I don't know about boat patches? Pan Flute? Magic? Kitting? Anything? You act like I'm a idiot and don't know **** about the game when I'm not even talking about those things.

I don't feel like I'm treating people as idiots but I do feel like people are willfully ignoring the fact they have options and have said so.

7 minutes ago, xhyom said:

Yeah, they are probably occupied giving out gems, teeth and more food. That's considering I killed them with one of billions of strategies I can use to get rid of them, including just kitting, since I could just ignore them and leave them for later.

Monkeys have multiple methods as well I'm not really sure what else to say here.

11 minutes ago, xhyom said:

That's dont even make any sense? When did i said anything about nerfing these things? It's exhausting to argue with a person who's only intention is to appear bigger and better over others, this is simply bad faith.

I'm not trying to make myself look better and if anything making a assumption like this is nothing but bad faith if this conversation is exhausting you why not just take a break from it and come back to it later with a clear head or just ignore me and my opinions either is fine by me.

1 hour ago, Mysterious box said:

So no other threats than these would count as harsh? Such as like perma death if you don't prepare revive tools or frog rain to name a few there are many things in the game that could be considered uncompromising.

Frog rain can suck but its not nearly frequent enough to be a huge pain, and it can be dealt with fairly easily if you know how [Like with anything in the game].

Perma death meanwhile is not a threat, but rather a consequence of threats. It's why threats need to be carefully designed so they don't feel frustrating because they come out of nowhere or are just overwhelming, which is something ds has not the best track record of if we're being honest.

While yes perma death can be harsh, it's about the only aspect that is truly harsh throughout the whole game, despite the game having plenty options to revive that can be crafted indefinitely.
And even then it's mostly just harsh to newer players or in situations where dying was either not your fault or some other sort of problem out of your control popped up that you had no way of knowing, which in either case I think can just end up feeling really bad.

Other than that I can not think of much of anything in the game that only exists for the sake of making the player's lifes hell in a way that feels like a pure punishment for me to warrant calling it uncompromising.

Can things be cheap or difficult? Certainly.
Do they warrant calling the game uncompromising? You tell me.
Does the answer of that question warrant keeping content many are discontent with for being overly punishing the same, hell even doubling down on said content and making it harder? I'd personally argue not.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, meow meow meow said:

The ocean is not a safe place to play around in with no consequences, it is a dangerous place with HEAVY consequences, just... not in the sense that "maybe some mobs will come after you and you have to do epic combat until one of you dies", but in the sense that if you don't properly respect the content out there, such as rockjaws and sea weeds and the waterlogged biome and gnarwails and etc, it WILL sink your boat and you will have just lost who knows how many resources to the waves, along with a heavy loss of stats and even max health. Which is arguably worse than death.

It is a different environment with difference consequences. Nobody is saying the ocean should be a playground, just that this is bringing a different set of consequences in an environment that really does not feel designed for them and really kills the gameplay feel that's been built up over years now, and it doesn't feel good. Like. At all.

Your saying this knowing full well that Klei designs the games content one update at a time with many areas of the game being left to feel empty or unfinished for months.. sometimes years at a time until they decide to rework it or get around to finishing it up.

You should treat any content that’s been added to DST as if it was in a Early Beta… Aka- it’s all subjective to changing and at any time.

Just look at Klei’s history- they add new challenging biomes or new challenging content into existing biomes all the time.

Now here’s the face kicker- I Bought DS, Shipwrecked, Hamlet and DST because I enjoy being challenged.. if I wanted to play something simple and mindless with a lot of easily killable mobs where death & consequences did not matter- I would be playing Minecraft instead.

But I play DS/Shipwrecked/Hamlet/DST for another reason- to explore biomes, gather reasources, occasionally be challenged to fight for survival- If you’ve been using the ocean as sort of a “Safe Haven” to avoid hostile threats like hound waves or seasonal bosses, it’s sort of no one’s fault but your own for thinking the ocean would forever remain safe..

However as an Xbox player who already struggles fighting just the games CONTROLS yet alone the games MOBS and HAZARDS.. I will be sure to voice my opinion on how hard or easy these pirate raids are for Xbox players.

Boating content has NEVER been fun for me as an Xbox player, I’m stuck on a tiny moving platform with little room to dodge enemy attacks- more importantly the more enemies I kill the more the deck of my boat gets cluttered with junk- and because I’m not playing the game on the ever so glorious PC master race- I can’t grab all that useless junk and throw it off my boat, so what happens is.. I either need to build additional chests to store the junk, my screen gets cluttered in junk I’ll pick up/interact with instead of doing another more important action such as equipping a weapon I had on deck or oar I had on deck WITH said Junk…  Enemy mobs like Cookie Cutters can hide within the Freaking NAMES AND INSPECT DESCRIPTIONS of the cluttered Junk all over my boat.. and oh yeah to dispose of said junk I need to probably sail to a nearby land mass and dump it off at the corner of the map.

It gets worse with every “At Sea Ocean Content Update” because that’s just even more junk to get cluttered on my boat making things like chasing away Wavey, fighting cookie cutters, REPAIRING BOAT LEAKS, etc more frustrating then they “Need” to be for Xbox players.

Sorry I spiraled off into sort of a rant, I just needed to vent, I really enjoyed DS Shipwrecked because it worked well with a game controller- DSTs boats & some content however is very clearly designed with drag and drop/ mouse click controls in mind. 

I literally “fear” the upcoming Pirate raids update- because now I’ll need Bananas and there’s even more stuff I can’t just throw off the boat and into the ocean depths.

8 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I don't feel like I'm treating people as idiots but I do feel like people are willfully ignoring the fact they have options and have said so.

8 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Monkeys have multiple methods as well I'm not really sure what else to say here.

Yes we have options for monkeys to entirely ignore us. The problem people are having is that there's like two options here. One is they steal your stuff which you may or may not want them to do. And the other is having bananas at all times which you may or may not have.

Meanwhile the options we have for fighting them because of the loot we might want:
Fight them as early as possible so theyre not as ridiculously hard to deal with, Tank them with armor thats not easy to come by which will still result in a lot of health loss, burning through a panflute at a rate that feels unwarranted for a non boss mob or using followers that will immediately betray and attack you after the second raid.

One of these categories results in your stuff getting stolen which again you might not want because looking for the stash without a map is annoying, while the other results in a huge resource and stat drain, if not death, which many feel is way too disproportional to the game's difficulty as a whole and the loot you get out of it.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, IceTime said:

Why can't we keep the previous version

Armed monkeys will attack me or steal my belongings. I can accept it

I can't accept the cracks. Unarmed monkeys will steal my belongings

I think this update is a compromise between Klei designers and players.

I think the previous design is better, including magnets, pirates and monkeys.

The problem with pirates is the frequency of their attacks and the short time they give players to prepare for them

I always think the biggest problem this time is how to help players find the monkey queen and the island.

Klei designers should not compromise with players. Or we should listen to the ideas of people who have a deeper understanding of the game.

For example, the game anchor, at least a player who often plays DST, may have more reasonable, rational and pertinent suggestions

Instead of making compromises, I hope designers can follow their original intentions

Edited by IceTime
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nettalie said:

Frog rain can suck but its not nearly frequent enough to be a huge pain, and it can be dealt with fairly easily if you know how [Like with anything in the game].

Perma death meanwhile is not a threat, but rather a consequence of threats. It's why threats need to be carefully designed so they don't feel frustrating because they come out of nowhere or are just overwhelming, which is something ds has not the best track record of if we're being honest.

While yes perma death can be harsh, it's about the only aspect that is truly harsh throughout the whole game, despite the game having plenty options to revive that can be crafted indefinitely.
And even then it's mostly just harsh to newer players or in situations where dying was either not your fault or some other sort of problem out of your control popped up that you had no way of knowing, which in either case I think can just end up feeling really bad.

Other than that I can not think of much of anything in the game that only exists for the sake of making the player's lifes hell in a way that feels like a pure punishment for me to warrant calling it uncompromising.

Can things be cheap or difficult? Certainly.
Do they warrant calling the game uncompromising? You tell me.
Does the answer of that question warrant keeping content many are discontent with for being overly punishing the same, hell even doubling down on said content and making it harder? I'd personally argue not.

Honestly it's different from person to person for thing to thing what others may find hard some may not even with thousands of hours in the game for me personally uncompromising doesn't just mean unfair.

18 minutes ago, Nettalie said:

Fight them as early as possible so theyre not as ridiculously hard to deal with, Tank them with armor thats not easy to come by which will still result in a lot of health loss, burning through a panflute at a rate that feels unwarranted for a non boss mob or using followers that will immediately betray and attack you after the second raid.

Of our large arsenal of tools, weapons, armors, and other things I feel unwilling to believe there aren't other options when it comes to fighting them regrettably I don't have the console command to spawn a raid and have limited time to test them under multiple scenarios but hey I could be wrong I won't deny that. 

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Now here’s the face kicker- I Bought DS, Shipwrecked, Hamlet and DST because I enjoy being challenged.. if I wanted to play something simple and mindless with a lot of easily killable mobs where death & consequences did not matter- I would be playing Minecraft instead.

If you’ve been using the ocean as sort of a “Safe Haven” to avoid hostile threats like hound waves or seasonal bosses, it’s sort of no one’s fault but your own for thinking the ocean would forever remain safe..

It's just so weird to act like the ocean has no consequences or challenges, no one go to the ocean so they can be safe, they will probably starve to death this way. Even worse is if they have structures on the boat, if they lose a fight they lose their entire base? How is that comparable to the safety of being close to your own base, food and defense structures?

If these mystical people who go to ocean so they don't spawn seasonal bosses actually exist, isn't it obviously BAD for them? They are losing eyebrellas, free logs and living logs. Why is that so game breaking? Those who do that are really just losing loot.

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Boating content has NEVER been fun for me as an Xbox player, I’m stuck on a tiny moving platform with little room to dodge enemy attacks- more importantly the more enemies I kill the more the deck of my boat gets cluttered with junk.

Sorry controller plebs but now it's even worse, more challenging and harmful with even more garbage loot that really makes you think you sailling on a dumping ground. All of that and you don't even get anything new from the ocean asides from a "new" food source and some cosmetics, the same old things now with a resource-check.

Most people already don't tend to sail at all, even on PC, this don't make it any better and people comparing it to the danger the Ruins need is just as crazy as it gets.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 6/29/2022 at 1:11 AM, Mysterious box said:

Also slingshot is starting to really look bad now

Can you transport the cannon around? Craft stacks of easy ammo and kill bosses with it? Aggro mobs like koalaphant and volt goats without having to wait for night?

Didnt think so... 

Sorry, my walter main acted up a little. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • GL Happy 1

1 minute ago, bagherthegamer said:

Can you transport the cannon around?

No

Craft stacks of easy ammo and kill bosses with it?

Maybe haven't tested that.

Aggro mobs like koalaphant and volt goats without having to wait for night?

Boomerang

2 minutes ago, bagherthegamer said:

Sorry, my walter main acted up a little. 

happens to the best of us.

• Potato Cup 1