[Game Update] - 513098

1 minute ago, LitulLola said:

I have no problem with them but those that do were solo players and this didn't help them

I think they'll adapt in time and hey if anything this would be a perfect time for a content creator to highlight effective ways to fight them for solo players after this launches.

• Like 2
  • Sanity 1

10 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I think they'll adapt in time and hey if anything this would be a perfect time for a content creator to highlight effective ways to fight them for solo players after this launches.

My concern is that since they scaled to world age instead of # of players, the solo players will continue to voice their issues and they really will get nerfed out of existence because of it. That's my main fear

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, LitulLola said:

My concern is that since they scaled to world age instead of # of players, the solo players will continue to voice their issues and they really will get nerfed out of existence because of it. That's my main fear

Yea all we can do is pray Kiel holds firm on this I guess.

• Big Ups 1

1 hour ago, LitulLola said:

I think the main problem was the stunlock and no cool down. I don't see this scaling helping solo players at all

it does, but not much. The powder monkeys can come in groups of 1 or 2 now, and they'll take absolutely everything that isn't dropped and in a backpack, so you either forfeit all of your possessions, or fight. So now it's a fight that's winnable in the early game if you have a form of armor and a spear, but later on you still really want a cannon or bananas.

It's not great, but I guess I can take it. It's whatever. I hope the coming updates make it easier to deal with even still.

Edited by Primalflower

Updated Wonkey art:

Wonkey (Original - Beta Patch 511686)

Spoiler

wonkey.thumb.png.4a9eb4fbf98f597905f054e55d440142.png

Wonkey (Current - Beta Patch 513098)

Spoiler

wonkey-513098.thumb.png.c9901b7b1d0e5df03d8a99993c82ced0.png

1 hour ago, Jason said:
  • Fixed Wonkey missing cuffs during their custom idle animation.

With Wonkey's new art, there's a small issue with Wonkey's unique idle (up) animation now.  On Layer 2, animation frames 7 through 39 uses the wrong build keyframe (it uses 1 instead of 7) for the torso symbol.  So, Wonkey suddenly gains fur on their back mid way through the idle.

Spoiler

player_idles_wonkey-up-513098.gif.3c657a11b91ab0d5f3afc306b3eedcef.gif

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Shopcat 2
  • GL Happy 1

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Pirate Powder Monkeys steal without doing damage now to make non aggressive solutions more approachable.

Does this mean that if you have an empty boat and all your items in your inventory they will just stay there doing nothing?

Just now, Primalflower said:

they pack up and  leave.

that is kinda weird, not everyone uses chests on boats so getting raided would be more like a small little visit rather than an assault

maybe if they dont get anything they start hitting you, at least once per monkey, so you would take 3-5 hits and the monkeys would at least get something out of the raid

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Capybara007 said:

that is kinda weird, not everyone uses chests on boats so getting raided would be more like a small little visit rather than an assault

maybe if they dont get anything they start hitting you, at least once per monkey, so you would take 3-5 hits and the monkeys would at least get something out of the raid

they swipe at you taking out every single item in your inventory before leaving.

• Developer

2 minutes ago, Primalflower said:

they swipe at you taking out every single item in your inventory before leaving.

This isn't quite right

Spoiler

They have a quota. When they get that, they leave.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

• Developer
17 minutes ago, Instant-Noodles said:

With Wonkey's new art, there's a small issue with Wonkey's unique idle (up) animation now.  On Layer 2, animation frames 7 through 39 uses the wrong build keyframe (it uses 1 instead of 7) for the torso symbol.  So, Wonkey suddenly gains fur on their back mid way through the idle.

This has been resolved by an artist thank you both!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2
  • Big Ups 1

1 hour ago, Primalflower said:

So now it's a fight that's winnable in the early game if you have a form of armor and a spear,

This was already the case before the patch again with Walter I beat them with just a spear, logsuit armor and my pinetree pioneer hat. All this really did was hand out a easy victory but eh what can you do.

Edited by Mysterious box
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

This was already the case before the patch again with Walter I beat them with just a spear, logsuit armor and my pinetree pioneer hat. All this really did was hand out a easy victory but eh what can you do.

without even taking in count that easy to obtain in 1st autumn weapons like tentacle spikes, hambats, dark swords or glass cutter exist...

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Increased Cannonball damage to 200 (direct hit) / 120 (splash damage)

this is......broken

please make monkeys stop shooting unloaded cannon, otherwise this monkey-cannon combination will be a butcher to all bosses

• Like 1

• Developer
3 hours ago, splorange said:

with this patch you can no longer build a perpetual motion machine with a circle of boats with nautopilots, really sucks because i saw a lot of people excited over this quirk and i hate to see it gone.

There was a bug found in this hotfix which broke this. There's a fix scheduled for the next hotfix that should allow this to happen again!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3
  • Happy Hazard 1
  • Health 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 3

• Pirate Raids scale a little with the age of the world

Here are what the changes are, with APD being the average of how many days all players have been in the world:

• If APD is less than 15 days old, you get 2 monkeys + a 70% chance for a 3rd one.    
  • If APD is less than 30 days old, you get 2 monkeys + a 70% chance for a 3rd one + a 30% chance for a 4th one.    
  • If APD is less than 60 days old, you get 3 monkeys + a 70% chance for a 4th one + a 30% chance for a 5th one.        
  • After 60 days, you get 4 monkeys + a 70% chance for a 5th one.    

I see that they've also added delays to when the pirates will spawn based on APD, but I don't fully understand how fast they spawn in the first place and I'm tired :>

Edit: APD on pirate delay will be done later, its working fine thank you Quartz Beam

Edited by lakhnish
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad Dupe 1

34 minutes ago, lakhnish said:
  • Pirate Raids scale a little with the age of the world

Here are what the changes are, with APD being the average of how many days all players have been in the world:

• If APD is less than 15 days old, you get 2 monkeys + a 70% chance for a 3rd one.    
  • If APD is less than 30 days old, you get 2 monkeys + a 70% chance for a 3rd one + a 30% chance for a 4th one.    
  • If APD is less than 60 days old, you get 3 monkeys + a 70% chance for a 4th one + a 30% chance for a 5th one.        
  • After 60 days, you get 4 monkeys + a 70% chance for a 5th one.    

I see that they've also added delays to when the pirates will spawn based on APD, but I don't fully understand how fast they spawn in the first place and I'm tired :>

This seems fair i suppose.

1 hour ago, meow meow meow said:

what were your stats afterwards

If I'm remember right I took around 60-80 hp which is already really fair considering I'm using the most basic armor and weapon and no healing or extremely cheap methods that would make taking them on easier.

Edited by Mysterious box
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

If I'm remember right I took around 60-80 hp which is already really fair considering I'm using the most basic armor and weapon and no healing or extremely cheap methods that would make taking them on easier.

damn, those numbers still suck horribly. it isn't good to have a random little clock constantly counting down to when you 80 hp and 40 sanity, which is more than half of your health. Let alone the fact that powder monkeys would have enthusiastically done around, if not more of the 450 hp that a log suit affords you, meaning you'll more often than not have to go back and get another one afterwards too.

Edited by Primalflower
  • Like 1