hehee funy monkie

4 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

Yeah they are either pirates or new NPCs in my opinion.

Definitely ain't Wilbur though, that's for sure

Yes these monkies are definitley wearing a bandana. But i imagine a Wilbur refresh who can interact with these new guys isnt too far behind

Maybe they sail around on the ocean and attack your ship when thwy spot you

3 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

Yeah they are either pirates or new NPCs in my opinion.

Definitely ain't Wilbur though, that's for sure

Only one of the monkeys in the teaser is carrying a sword in its tail, the other two just look like recruited followers- So it’s highly possible it is Wilbur..

Plus- that would just be a kick to the face of any Wilbur mains if they update existing or add new Monkey types but they do not bring back the playable Monkey character.

My only OTHER guess as to what this is is these are the new Shadow Workers for Maxwells Refresh.

2 minutes ago, IanKSB91 said:

Maybe this could be a way to get bananas in the surface.

They might, im thinkin this is a way to get a nice cache of land based resources while you are out sailing. I imagine their boat probably has a chest you can loot after you kill the monkies

These are Monkey Pirates, their bandanas and cutlass make that clear.

What if, this IS Wilbur and his rework? Turning him from the Monkey King into the Pirate Monkey King? I doubt it but it would be really friggin cool if it were the case.

11 minutes ago, Owlrust said:

If they really are pirates, then that means we may finally have access to Bananas above ground!

Nah, they'll swim in the caves void.

Also, would be nice if they would drop the shipwrecked cutlasses on death, or maybe their blueprint with some other fish instead of swordfish/with swordfish being added as well.

4 minutes ago, Starlogy said:

These are Monkey Pirates, their bandanas and cutlass make that clear.

What if, this IS Wilbur and his rework? Turning him from the Monkey King into the Pirate Monkey King? I doubt it but it would be really friggin cool if it were the case.

Spoiler

1570489197_wilburdmonkey.png.bb0e740c2988ffb7a13a4b07a62cdc46.png

Wilbur D Monkey

I'd be amazed to see something like a crew of monkeys sailing on their own boat, use anchors, wheel... committing stuff to make their boat go somewhere with some loots, having them trying to aboard players and such, not sure if it's what the community expect or not but I'd love to see it in action.

(bonus point if they jump from the plank when they realise it's a lost cause !)

I'm guessing, and hoping, that the weapon that one of the monkey pirates is holding will be a new drop, a DST alternative to SW cutlasses maybe? Similar to how Mactusks drop blowdarts when killed, but it'll probably only do more damage than a spear but less than a hambat.

Plot twist Wilbur asserts his dominance as mokey king and these guys just work for him it's not like Wilbur is on good terms with the survivors(aside from maybe wolfgang) and it's not like he'd know his group would try to rob them could be another Wagstaff type deal but more indirect.

I don’t know guys, a band of monkey pirate ships doesn’t exactly sound fun, especially if the sword it’s holding in its tail deals a lot of damage to you and you have little room to dodge/fight it on that slow moving cookie boat platform.

Im hoping if this is a new mob type, that they aren’t just pirate monkeys out at sea, it would be cool if these guys ran their own jungle/desert/beach biome you know… a land mass where I’ll actually be able to dodge/fight them??

Similar to Pig torch “Protect King!” Or Splumonkey trying to beat you up when you get to close to their huts if stollen stuff

MAYBE they can even hide in trees in this new biome and when the player attempts to harvest resources on their island they jump out the trees with a war cry and surprise attack?

Personally I wanted a frozen tundra area with some cool winter prime apes that Yeet giant snowballs at you (yes yes I did totally steal this idea from one of the first mobs you encounter in Borderlands 2)

Why is only one Monkey pirate carrying a sword though?? 

Archived