hehee funy monkie

22 minutes ago, Nino123 said:

And we now have some monkeys in the constant surface (the underground ones don't count cause everyone don't play with caves)  for the monkey Chinese new year.

I’m still trying to figure out how anyone can play this game without caves, that is like 75% of the game… and at least on Xbox- There’s never been an option to disable them.

In addition- Several character crafts require you to actively visit the underground cave biomes- such as Wanda’s Clocks or Thelucite for Wolfgang’s Purple Gembell (unless there’s a way to obtain Thelucite on the surface..?) Winona’s Gem-Er-Rators could also be considered a candidate since Gems literally just freely rain from the skies in the caves. Meaning to get Gems on the surface would likely require some tedious annoying task.

Lastly- I think even the most recent rework (WX78) required caves content for some of their Bio-Scannalzyzier ingredients data

I highly doubt Klei is designing anything with this game with the thought that some people can’t pull caves.

24 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m still trying to figure out how anyone can play this game without caves, that is like 75% of the game… and at least on Xbox- There’s never been an option to disable them.

Because, sadly, not all PC are able to run caves. I personally had potato PC and literally begged my friends to host worlds with caves/mods or played on pubs.

But last autumn I upgraded my PC so Im finally was able to play DST with full content, mods and very little FPS stutter...

Well I was able to play until russia invaded my home though, but lets keep on topic

41 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

unless there’s a way to obtain Thelucite on the surface..?

I think Sunken Chests have chance to have Thulecite if i remember correctly.

As for Wanda her time pieces can be "duped" by using Celestial Portal if one wishes to play as her on world without caves and don't miss out on any of her crafts.

1 hour ago, Nino123 said:

And we now have some monkeys in the constant surface (the underground ones don't count cause everyone don't play with caves)  for the monkey Chinese new year.

How do the splumonkeys not count because some people turn them off? Some people turn literally everything off. They look like pirates so they're probably on the ocean, and the caves are way more popular than the ocean. 

15 hours ago, xhyom said:

I just hope it's real content and not some boring tree in the middle of nowhere. If it's just funny little guys on boats I officially give up and stop hoping something cool will come out of the ocean lol

Calling stuff you don’t like “fake content” without elaborating at all on what this arbitrary definition means is based ngl

16 minutes ago, goblinball said:

Calling stuff you don’t like “fake content” without elaborating at all on what this arbitrary definition means is based ngl

I believe what they’re trying to say is that the content updates have not been as big or as meaningful as the first Return of Them update which added boats, a sailable ocean, the Lunar Island, new craftables, several new mob types etc..

And that none of the updates (not even the entirety of Return of Them..) compares to Shipwrecked or Hamlet in terms of Content, new features, craftables etc..

So far: in my opinion anyway it feels like Return of Them was released in a beginner status and over the months/years they’ve added to it..

Which is fine I guess.. but at this rate it may be 8 years before we get the full finished vision Klei has for the game (assuming they have a finished vision in mind at all..)

For right now.. the game updates are going to be small (Aka tiding up loose ends, filling in empty areas, finishing character reworks, QoLs, Silly Carnival distractions etc..)

But Klei has been repeatedly teasing some quote “more substantial content plans for 2024” but first- we have to get through the current roadmap of polish, reworks and other stuff first.

I fully expect every update that comes out within the 2022/early 2024 roadmap to be small and feel like drip feed content updates.

However: When we get past the polish and the reworks AND we still get small content updates that feel like it’ll take 10 years to get a complete vision: That’s when I am personally going to give up hope for the franchise.

until then, I’ll wait it out and watch to see what happens.

On a side note to Klei: take your time, don’t rush to meet deadlines you set for yourself, make sure what your putting out works and feels great to play..

But at the same time, please don’t take 10-20 years to get us to those more substantial content updates you keep teasing. :love_heart:

8 hours ago, Cheggf said:

What is "real content"?

Anything more than a tree or three pillars of salt, something significant that makes me want to explore for more than five minutes and eventually come back, unlike the last few updates (on ocean), I just don't feel like they change the way we play or bring anything significant. But don't get me wrong, I'm not saying these updates are bad, but I hate these small updates split into lots of other small updates.

I feel that whenever the ocean is complete and full of content it will no longer be a new and exciting thing. Until I find these pirate monkeys I'll need to travel through a lot of empty already old and meaningless places, that of course if the update is really just pirates hanging around, something I don't believe it is and can't say for sure.

Edit: Most of my hype is based on the name of the update being "Setting The Stage" which sounds like something big, preparation for an event that will change everything, so that's why I would be disappointed if it was just a small update that adds something that doesn't makes a lot of difference.

1 hour ago, xhyom said:

Anything more than a tree or three pillars of salt

i thought salty dog was a meh update but waterlogged was an amazing update and i would die on this hill if i so have to. It is one of the prettiest looking biomes and made fireflies so much more renewable. Single best update to come to the sea.

45 minutes ago, Dextops said:

i thought salty dog was a meh update but waterlogged was an amazing update and i would die on this hill if i so have to. It is one of the prettiest looking biomes and made fireflies so much more renewable. Single best update to come to the sea.

It was also the update that made sailing better with the Boat changes, improving their speed and no longer needing Anchors to stop.

11 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

In addition- Several character crafts require you to actively visit the underground cave biomes- such as Wanda’s Clocks or Thelucite for Wolfgang’s Purple Gembell (unless there’s a way to obtain Thelucite on the surface..?) Winona’s Gem-Er-Rators could also be considered a candidate since Gems literally just freely rain from the skies in the caves. Meaning to get Gems on the surface would likely require some tedious annoying task.

Lastly- I think even the most recent rework (WX78) required caves content for some of their Bio-Scannalzyzier ingredients data

I highly doubt Klei is designing anything with this game with the thought that some people can’t pull caves.

I just mean that Devs seems to only use surface mob during events so everyone can play it. I ´m pretty sure that the bunny men won't be a part of the Rabbit new year (but the horned small ones).

that's why you can find bats in a caveless world, so you can make the Hallowed night potions.

Just my guess...

10 hours ago, Cheggf said:

How do the splumonkeys not count because some people turn them off? Some people turn literally everything off. They look like pirates so they're probably on the ocean, and the caves are way more popular than the ocean. 

I mean everybody is not able to use caves, depend of your PC. 
i just think Devs had a tought for potatoes Pc owners qnd find a way to get caves stuff in surface.

Anyway i just think they are good options for the Chinese NY (just like Klei added Salamanders or Carrats), that's just my tought..

Archived