Shipwrecked Together

I've checked it out. The work you've put into this is very impressive! You even went out of your way to revert reworks and port a console command from solo DS just to stay faithful to how it originally was. I am amazed by your dedication, wish you the best of luck in your endeavours, and look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

4 hours ago, Primalflower said:

Um, I haven't connected with island adventures in a while, but last I remember, whats actually happened is that an entirely different handful of developers have picked up IA and pushed it towards the version it is now, after a long long hiatus where the original devs stopped doing much. Is this untrue...?

tl;dr, Yes but the old team is still here, hi.
Pretty much, yeah. In the beginning of last year we couldn't keep up with IA breaking after every update, and after Zark got hired by Klei we essentially had one active programmer, which is quite stressful on him as you can imagine, so we threw in the towel officially in May 2021.

However, we left the Gitlab open to anyone who wanted to scrounge through the code for their own mods (with credit) or fix some things in IA themselves. So around last January some kind folks came up and started development on IA again through that.
Of course, the old team (hi!) is still around to help them where we can, like me, the writer/community person™

Idk if the rest of your post is also aimed at me but I don't think I've been particularly hostile towards OP here, I'm more just curious how he accomplished such a feat alone. The stream looks pretty impressive, can't wait for it to be public.

Oh well, seems legitimate after all so I'm sorry for doubting it. Just I'm absolutely not a fan at all of reversing everything back to the old game which is what triggered most of our skepticism, but such sort of things would be likely to mess around with a variety of other mods, you should really reconsider only adding the essentials and potentially release the rest on other projects (or put as much disabling configurations as you can). If it end up to be bothersome on any level because of compatibility issue there wouldn't be much reasons to play this project over IA. Hopefully that's something you realised but regardless good job on what you've managed put together here. :encouragement:

Interesting. Looks quite impressive, especially if it's just a one man operation. But a few odd things I noticed:

• The mod disappears from the mod menu when it's selected, though it's likely just the menu being finnicky
  • Every character is EXACTLY how they were in base Don't Starve. No reworks, & Willow for example doesn't even get Bernie. From the menu it looks like she has base game fire starting as well, which was removed early in DST development
  • Every DST exclusive character is missing (Winona, Walter, DLC characters)
  • The map reveal console command is from DS, and is not in DST by default
  • Chests make a different sound when interacted with
  • Warly spawns with the chef pouch equipped, which as far as I'm aware is something you need to go out of your way to do. Not even the base SW has him spawn with it equipped, it just throws it on the ground next to him.
         -Making a quick mod character start with a backpack in their inventory did not make them equip it in DST. Either I suck at testing or they went out of their way to add that. Neat!

I'm not trying to point out things and go "SEE! GOTCHA!", I just like to imagine having some skepticism of huge claims out of nowhere is rational.

From what the video looks like, it kind of looks like... DST is just emulating the base DS? Which, I mean, if it works, it works. But it looks likely the mod will be incompatible with just about everything else besides itself. With the total lack of all DST mechanics besides the portal, skins, and (some) UIs, it really looks like that to me. "Emulating the base game" isn't the best way to describe it, but it's all I can think of right now. Hopefully it gets the thought across.

What I would be excited to see in the next stream would be a demonstration of a few mechanics, namely:

• Using boats
  • Dying/Reviving
  • Dying on a boat
  • Another player joining, playing, demonstrating mechanics
  • Enemies with SW exclusive AI, like Tiger shark shifting between land & sea or sealnado's tornado attack
  • Any DST exclusive items/entities at all

Would love to see it. It would remove the last bits of skepticism from my mind, and ultimately if it has all that then I can't imagine what else it'd need to be considered ready to publish.

Unless this is just an early build meant to just show off worldgen, I guess. Either way, still impressive.

Also noticed the "Hamlet" mod in the mods menu. Looks like we know what to look forward to.

Too many questions... 

customize is not yet

Character Rework - not quite same as SW

willow - she will have Bernie (not now)

some characters have been changed.

I have no winona, walter, wurt and wortox 

because I'm not writer / painter

and... does not exist in SW

and... creativity is not my work

walani / wilbur / woodlegs will be added. already quite worked

some commands bring to DST

c_revealmap - there is a possibility that the map may be created incorrectly. (same as SW)

starting point - need to work - missing wallyintro(?)

chests sound - (It's different... please pretend not to know)

Don't worry I didn't port without thinking

It is designed to be compatible with the other mod.

There may be compatibility issues, related to the crafting menu.

Mod compatibility issues will be reduced as much as possible.

my boating is pretty good - spent for over 4 month

Dying/Reviving - same DST

Dying on a boat - drown or die on boat

Another player joining - I have separated mods by server and client

Demonstration is possible, but many code will leak

Sealnado and Tiger shark many tested. it works fine

I don't have pathfinder yet, but I'll make. I have a plan.

Most of the DST prefabs are not loaded.

my mods is not aimed at merging with DST.

I have Hamlet mods too

I didn't work much. do not expect.

On 5/22/2022 at 11:49 AM, jan Mele said:

iirc the webs surrounding spiders nests are a bit different in sw

they aren't in SW. In IA the webs were changed, for some reason...

I am a console player and can not play mods which is unfortunate, however I admire your dedication to a faithful recreation of the Shipwrecked DLC, Hopefully Klei someday finds a way to allow console players to enjoy the most popular mods, like how the majority of the maps/modes added to Left 4 Dead 2 or Ark Survival Evolved started out as a player made mod that the Developers decided to add to those games as official content that EVERYONE could enjoy.

Please @_MADL give Klei your permissions to add this to the game in an officially supported capacity.

Its the only way us console gamers ever get to enjoy nice things. :wilson_cry:

dont understand why this mod exists since there is already a sw mod called Island Adventures and its pretty much perfect as it is. 

this one looks like a copy of it

dont want to be rude or anything but this does not make sense

1 hour ago, reallychina said:

I dont understand the difference. IA is a DST mod

IA is designed to mesh both the DST worldgen/gameplay and the SW worldgen/gameplay into the same little bundle. This mod looks to be shipwrecked and shipwrecked only, dropping the standard DST continent and content entirely. 

Archived