Shipwrecked Together

26 minutes ago, hhh2 said:

stop, stop, stop. This is not the place to aruge about those things. Or keep going and get the thread locked, that way the devs will have to at least acknowledge this thread.

I think the devs are very busy right now, most likely doing behind the scenes stuff, they haven’t been actively engaged in forum chatter as much as they normally do so I’m assuming they’re likely busting their butts hard at work on something, that said: those of us who frequent the forums should all try to do our part in keeping the devs/admins from doing other important stuff by not engaging in potential harmful discussion, if you have nothing to contribute to the topic at hand it’s probably best not to reply at all and just let someone else’s comment die when they get no replies from it, it saves the devs time having to step in and keep balance to otherwise widespread chaos, and in turn: also gives them more time to work on other important stuff such as updates or bug fixes or maybe just finishing that sandwich Mr JoeW really wanted to eat before it got too cold but instead he had to step in and deal with forum behavior.

Its also highly disrespectful to the Original Poster of a topic when their thread becomes locked due to reasons that they themselves did not actively engage within that caused their thread to lose its original topic/cause forum commotion.

So As mr JoeW would say: Please keep posts polite, on topic & if you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the topic at hand, don’t post anything & find another thread you want to contribute toward.

:wilson_love:

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

I think the devs are very busy right now, most likely doing behind the scenes stuff, they haven’t been actively engaged in forum chatter as much as they normally do so I’m assuming they’re likely busting their butts hard at work on something, that said: those of us who frequent the forums should all try to do our part in keeping the devs/admins from doing other important stuff by not engaging in potential harmful discussion, if you have nothing to contribute to the topic at hand it’s probably best not to reply at all and just let someone else’s comment die when they get no replies from it, it saves the devs time having to step in and keep balance to otherwise widespread chaos, and in turn: also gives them more time to work on other important stuff such as updates or bug fixes or maybe just finishing that sandwich Mr JoeW really wanted to eat before it got too cold but instead he had to step in a deal with forum behavior.

Its also highly disrespectful to the Original Poster of a topic when their thread becomes locked due to reasons that they themselves did not actively engage within that caused their thread to lose its original topic/cause forum commotion.

So As mr JoeW would say: Please keep posts polite, on topic & if you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the topic at hand, don’t post anything & find another thread you want to contribute toward.

:wilson_love:

well put.

8 hours ago, GuyNamedChris said:

From what I'm seeing:

MADL here ports the entirety of Shipwrecked in its pure singleplayer form, including removing any hint of DST content, including items, re-adding the old crafting tab, reverting character refreshes. It's quite simply, Don't Starve: Shipwrecked. Pretty cool.

We at Island Adventures try to incorporate DST content into Shipwrecked as best we can, such as:
- Making all character refreshes compatible with SW (alt. recipes for a lot of craftables, Pipspooks spawn at wrecks for Wendy players, added Shadow Hackers for Maxwells, Tropical Switcherdoodles for Webbers, Balloon Vest works as a Life Jacket, readded the Joy of Volcanology, Poison Balm, Warly's SW dishes, etc. etc.) 
- Made the Sweet Potato crops compatible with the Reap What You Sow update
- Upped the health of a lot of hostile mobs as DST has
- Added DST-specific loot to the treasure hunting pool (celestial orb, terrarium, lunar tools, moonrocks, etc)
- Added the Seaworthy to allow travel between SW and DST worlds (only available via dedicated server atm since the world limit for hosted worlds is 2; Forest and Caves, or SW and Volcano)

There's more but I don't wanna clog up this thread, but that's about the gist of what's different between this and Island Adventures. Cheers!

Cool, thanks!

I'm mostly just looking for a mod that lets me do this while running decently on a basic work laptop

Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 1.24.28 PM.png

Archived