Shipwrecked Together

20 hours ago, _MADL said:

do not doubt

20220518022802_1.jpg

I cant wait~~!! Try tagging a dev to ask directly. If you check Island Adventures mod page, they tell you to ask the devs directly so give it a try!

16 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Wants people to think he's smart enough to make a Shipwrecked port by himself better than what a full team of people have been able to do.

don't need to put someone down just because you don't believe it. it doesn't make it fake. this is unnecessary.

14 hours ago, Auth said:

Awful long time to work on something that's already being done. You should've checked for other teams developing SW content for DST before sinking so much time into it, especially if you don't even know if what you're doing is allowed in the first place.

That being said, as others have pointed out, this doesn't exactly look like the latest version of DST. If it's any version at all. Might want to update it before publishing.

You can try to publish the mod anyways, most Klei will do if they don't like it is have it taken down, but they're not going to, like, sue you or anything over it.

Interested to see where this goes.

This person made a purely single player shipwrecked for together. So not exactly the same as IA which was made to be played in RoG. Also time has gone this much so "already being done" isn't really valid for when this person started thus no need for unnecessary negativism. Also IA still doesn't have a fully functioning volcano so if this person did, that makes this mod different.

Volcano was added in June 2020. Worldgen was implemented, so the volcano was implemented in one day. It is not difficult.

Chris, if you want, I can stream it to Twitch. But I'm not used to english.

On 5/17/2022 at 6:38 AM, _MADL said:

20220517184656_1.thumb.jpg.ebff0c4d3633469abf69a83d61992b5d.jpg

Hey buddy, where did you get the ice box?

Better yet, where's the food tab?

Look at any video initially released on the Warly addition to dst. He starts with the food tab visible because of being able to craft his crock pot and other cooking tools.

Edit) it's also missing here, where there's "another player"

20220518021031_1.jpg

Work for 9500 hours+ (2.5 years)

worldgen about 3-4 month

(DST Playtime 11000 hours+)

(DS Playtime about 1500 hours)

Plan about 4 years ago

18 years of dealing with lua

25 years of computer experience

Screenshot is not actual play!

It's just showcace / I use c_freecrafting() and c_skip() and c_gonext()

For two years and six months, I was working on porting a Shipwrecked to DST.

And I've finally arrived almost at the end.

Screenshot is not actual play!

It's just showcace / I use c_freecrafting() and c_skip() and c_gonext()

So, why couldn't it be actual play screenshots, instead of using commands to make it look the part?

You lied, just admit it. I know it's a lie the moment i saw the missing food tab. (exaggeration, I thought there was a Warly crafts tab, checked YouTube, and saw that he started with the food tab in DST)

(ok, maybe i did just jump on anything I saw. this could very well be very normal.)

3 minutes ago, bumblingbumbo said:

So, why couldn't it be actual play screenshots, instead of using commands to make it look the part?

Do you even know what these commands do? They would be used for saving time.

11 minutes ago, _MADL said:

It's sw warly can't craft pot

Ok, i'm going to try and calm down, to more clearly explain my point. I absolutely did just jump to conclusions.

However, I do still see it as strange that you use shipwrecked screenshots using some mods and commands, and then paint them like it's in dst.

I find it contradictory. that you say you are using SW Warly, but the chef's pouch in your screenshots only has 6 slots, not 8.

I do think that you are lying, but jumping straight to "You're lying, just admit it", was not the thing i should have done.

Just let him patiently wait for Klei, there's no use arguing with him and his mysterious mod which is definitely real and he could upload at any time but he won't because Klei hasn't told him to. 

Or, in JoeW terms, can we get back on topic please?

1 hour ago, _MADL said:

It's sw warly can't craft pot

1 hour ago, _MADL said:

Changed to 6 slot like dst

(icepack / seasack has 8 slot)

So hold on. You reverted Warly from his DST rework to his original Shipwrecked version; not only disregarding the massive improvements; but also ignoring how DST as a whole made every character item craftable. But to top it off, the one change you *did* make in line with DST's changes is making the Chef's Pouch have only six slots and making the Sea Sack have 8?

Not the most unreasonable changes I suppose. But it definitely sounds a bit hypocritical

On 5/17/2022 at 1:13 PM, _MADL said:

not released yet....

Well I'll be waiting for when it comes out. Shipwrecked has always been one of my favorite video game DLCs so being able to access it with multiplayer would be awesome.

If this mod is even real, which has yet to be seen.

10 hours ago, _MADL said:

I think I can't upload without Klei's permission.

I'll wait for answer

You can still upload it. Like I said, the most Klei will do if it goes against some form of copyright is have it taken down. People have uploaded worse offenders without asking Klei anything.

And like I said earlier, you should've waited to get an actual answer, say, 2.5 years ago before you put seemingly so much work in. Otherwise, you just put in all that time, effort, and work for something that will never see the light of day.

22 hours ago, GuyNamedChris said:

We do. It was added back in the beginning of April.

In either case, I'd love to see whether this mod is real or not.

I just tried today. I'm not saying it isn't working at all. I'm saying it isn't fully. For example, I couldn't get into volcano because entrance wouldn't register unless i used command and wrote c_gonext. And the cactus didn't attack me nor could I attack it. I could pick the spikes tho.

Also in essence, this mod is different from IA as it is meant to be single player shipwrecked whereas IA worked hard to make it compatible with the current DSTs and play alongside. 

I dont get why this is getting unnecessary negativity

18 hours ago, Theukon-dos said:

So hold on. You reverted Warly from his DST rework to his original Shipwrecked version; not only disregarding the massive improvements; but also ignoring how DST as a whole made every character item craftable. But to top it off, the one change you *did* make in line with DST's changes is making the Chef's Pouch have only six slots and making the Sea Sack have 8?

Not the most unreasonable changes I suppose. But it definitely sounds a bit hypocritical

like he mentioned, its to replicate single player shipwrecked. i really don't get what the unnecessary negativity is for. if you want shipwrecked with current updated versions of things, there is IA. what is the need to put down what someone did. if it was a lie, then the lack of interest with be enough to do what the negativity is trying to do. if it wasnt a lie, then what was the negativity for? simply the person wanted to know how or if they could get permission to publish.

23 hours ago, _MADL said:

When Klei permits

Mod & Player Creation Policy | Klei Entertainment

as long as it's free, make your mod explanation clear and you don't claim credit for the things you ported as your original, seems fine. and they should contact you before anything if there is a problem after you publish it.

2 hours ago, xEUx said:

I just tried today. I'm not saying it isn't working at all. I'm saying it isn't fully. For example, I couldn't get into volcano because entrance wouldn't register unless i used command and wrote c_gonext. And the cactus didn't attack me nor could I attack it. I could pick the spikes tho.

Huh, I haven't heard that first bug reported before, thanks for bringing it to my attention. But yeah the cactus thing with being able to pick them early-on is a bug that also persists in singleplayer.

2 hours ago, xEUx said:

Also in essence, this mod is different from IA as it is meant to be single player shipwrecked whereas IA worked hard to make it compatible with the current DSTs and play alongside. 

And yeah I suppose that's true. We do our best to incorporate DST's mechanics into SW, not isolate them from the rest of the game.

Also reason this is getting so much negativity is due to a few of the screenshots here, full moons are following the singleplayer cycle, mushrooms are growing into full trees as they only do in singleplayer, the inspect-self screenshot is showing hand/body/head icons from two separate updates, no screenshots of the new crafting menu, just overall not a lot of stuff adding up.
But who knows? Maybe this guy is so dedicated to making this a 1-for-1 singleplayer experience that he ported all these mechanics?

moon cycle changed like DS
transformer components has been reprogrammed
hand/body/head icon to changed like DS
new crafting menu screenshots ?? - I went back to the previous crafting menu

Probably cloned all the mechanics

hud_sw.png

20220520020440_1.thumb.jpg.b6c94d23ccb6f0c1e1c07dceae8c3107.jpg

20220520020635_1.thumb.jpg.584fbb3e73441fbb82a7a348805a1987.jpg

21 hours ago, Octohunter777 said:

Well I'll be waiting for when it comes out. Shipwrecked has always been one of my favorite video game DLCs so being able to access it with multiplayer would be awesome.

If this mod is even real, which has yet to be seen.

If you weren't aware yet, Island Adventures ports SW to DST! It's a wonderful mod and I'd recommend checking it out. It's currently released on the workshop. 

Archived