Shipwrecked Together

Hello !

For two years and six months, I was working on porting a Shipwrecked to DST.

And I've finally arrived almost at the end.

But I'm worried about that such as copyright.

I asked the same question two years ago, but I didn't get an answer.

Anyway, I want to know if I can release to the steam workshop.

thank you : D

20220517190041_1.jpg

20220517190303_1.jpg

20220517190340_1.jpg

20220517190419_1.jpg

20220517190904_1.jpg

20220517195605_1.thumb.jpg.c7297ede3e2ee88dbc2c400b79dde3fd.jpg

20220517192010_1.jpg

20220517192052_1.jpg

20220517192250_1.jpg

20220517192446_1.jpg

20220517193126_1.jpg

20220517193738_1.jpg

20220517184656_1.thumb.jpg.ebff0c4d3633469abf69a83d61992b5d.jpg

20220517191320_1.jpg

20220517194309_1.jpg

>old crafting menu
>full moon on day 26 instead of day 31
>RoG's full moon mushtree effect that turns normal mushrooms into trees and that doesn't happen in DST
>literally zero other people on screenshots
>no DST-only items or objects except portal which was probably just ported with another mod/by copying a bunch of files
Are you sure that you aren't just trying to show singleplayer DS SW with the mod for DST skins and call it DST SW?

11 minutes ago, _MADL said:

20220518021031_1.jpg

The hand slot and body slot icons are literally completely different in the self-inspect menu and the actual GUI, old ones in the inventory GUI and new, DST ones in the inspect thing. And these icons are from march QoL, which also had new crafting menu system, which is for some reason also not here. And that Wigfrid might've been just spawned with c_spawn("wathgrithr") and forced to do the emote through PushEvent so it's suspicious.

First thing first, this exist :

steamuserimages-a.akamaihd_net.gif.598c1a65a26eadacf21fbff0e094ec6e.gif

And yes this is an absolute lie you have no reason to make up, @grumm9690 points are accurate despite some could have been let's say reintroduced but there's more, unless you intentionally brought back all of the blurry textures of the turfs and most DLC-less items, that would be great attention to detail in that case...

41 minutes ago, ADM said:

First thing first, this exist :

steamuserimages-a.akamaihd_net.gif.598c1a65a26eadacf21fbff0e094ec6e.gif

And yes this is an absolute lie you have no reason to make up, @grumm9690 points are accurate despite some could have been let's say reintroduced but there's more, unless you intentionally brought back all of the blurry textures of the turfs and most DLC-less items, that would be great attention to detail in that case...

Oh, yeah, I tried this. It is not work well. At least, while I played a year ago

50 minutes ago, DajeKotlyar said:

Oh, yeah, I tried this. It is not work well. At least, while I played a year ago

If you mean the Island Adventures, it was updated recently, so you probably should give it a second try.

1 hour ago, DajeKotlyar said:

Its development picked back up. Almost 100% complete now and is the best, closest thing we'll get to official SW in the game! The devs outdid themselves on IA.

2 hours ago, DajeKotlyar said:

We picked it up again this year and released a MASSIVE update adding in nearly the rest of the missing content, adding compatibility with all the new character refreshes, and fixing a ton of the major bugs.

I'd definitely recommend giving it another go when you can. :encouragement:

11 minutes ago, GuyNamedChris said:

We picked it up again this year and released a MASSIVE update adding in nearly the rest of the missing content, adding compatibility with all the new character refreshes, and fixing a ton of the major bugs.

I'd definitely recommend giving it another go when you can. :encouragement:

Oh, thanks, I'll try. You make a great work, guys

3 hours ago, ADM said:

lie you have no reason to make up,

Wants people to think he's smart enough to make a Shipwrecked port by himself better than what a full team of people have been able to do.

14 hours ago, _MADL said:

For two years and six months, I was working on porting a Shipwrecked to DST
And I've finally arrived almost at the end.
But I'm worried about that such as copyright.
I asked the same question two years ago, but I didn't get an answer.
Anyway, I want to know if I can release to the steam workshop.
thank you : D

Awful long time to work on something that's already being done. You should've checked for other teams developing SW content for DST before sinking so much time into it, especially if you don't even know if what you're doing is allowed in the first place.

That being said, as others have pointed out, this doesn't exactly look like the latest version of DST. If it's any version at all. Might want to update it before publishing.

You can try to publish the mod anyways, most Klei will do if they don't like it is have it taken down, but they're not going to, like, sue you or anything over it.

Interested to see where this goes.

I know, but when I started, I didn't know if porting was possible and how long.

And IA has actually stopped development for a long time. It recently updated.

equipslot icon was intentionally returned because I thought it was right. moon anim too.

My mod is similar to the early DST

But most of the codes have been updated to compatible with the latest.

7 hours ago, _MADL said:

I know, but when I started, I didn't know if porting was possible and how long.

And IA has actually stopped development for a long time. It recently updated.

equipslot icon was intentionally returned because I thought it was right. moon anim too.

My mod is similar to the early DST

But most of the codes have been updated to compatible with the latest.

You should upload it, then. Post the link here and I'm sure some people will check it out. You'll get a definite response from Klei too if you did anything wrong.

Archived