Shipwrecked Together

4 hours ago, reallychina said:

I dont understand the difference. IA is a DST mod

Here let me explain it- on Xbox you can buy Dont Starve Mega Collection, Which is the original DS game + RoG DLC that is part of that game at default on its launch (PlayStation players apparently had to buy this Expansion as its own separate DLC while Xbox has always had it built into their version) It also includes Shipwrecked & Hamlet DLCs which on Xbox were also sold as separated DLC expansions (while on Nintendo Switch the game came bundled with RoG + Shipwrecked as part of the standard core game you can purchase) 

This ultimately leads to mass confusion because What PC/PlayStation Players Considered to be DLC content, could have very well ALWAYS been a core part of Xbox/Nintendo’s game purchase.

DS Mega collection therefore is Base DS, ROG DS, Shipwrecked, Hamlet & DST- but we aren’t going to talk about DST because it is sold as it’s own separate stand alone expansion/game.

Instead what I want to discuss is Solo DS and how that actually works on Console- when you own all of the DLCs on your main menu before starting a world you will have toggle settings for RoG, Shipwrecked or Hamlet- If you Toggle one of these to ON it automatically dis-Toggles the other options, forcing the player to choose only ONE type of way they can play the game. If you distoggle all THREE toggle choices you can play the game as Standard DS the way it was before RoG.

Now here’s the catch: If you toggle Shipwrecked to On, then you play the game in shipwrecked biomes, using shipwrecked gameplay mechanics and mobs, and if you toggle Hamlet to on you play by Hamlet (you get the idea)

So if that were to be added to DST- the Return of Them dlc stuff (sailable ocean, Overhauled Boating mechanics, Lunar Island, Pearl, Crab King Etc..) would only be active when you played DST- 

And when you toggled Shipwrecked to On you would play the game in SW biomes, with SW boating mechanics without the DST stuff (though I’d love it if character reworks could be ported over)

The “Point” is so that no two DLCs or rather types of ways of playing the game clash with one another.

Now do keep in mind that this is how the game OFFICIALLY WORKS and is not just a player created mod.

What @_MADL Mod here is trying to do is faithfully recreate that experience by making the game run by shipwrecked rules biomes, mobs, weather seasons, mechanics etc- Without that content Undoing all the hard work Klei has put into something like DST Boating Overhaul & the Content designed around that type of experience.

Island Adventures mod on the other hand- (or atleast in my understanding of it..) tries to blend both DST content in with SW Content and merge both types of games together into one package & if that is the case: I’m surprised at how SW boating mechanics don’t completely bust content designed around using DST boating mechanics.

Yes you can travel between world types in Solo DS, but to do that one world unloads from the game while the other world takes its place until you unload from the world your currently in and go back to the first one you unloaded (think of it as being able to have multiple save files and being able to pick between them- on Xbox we have 5 save files and if Classic DS, RoG, SW, Hamlet, & DST were able to be chosen as types of World gens we can generate, I would fill up each of those up with a save file for each world Gen type)

Lastly- If Shipwrecked & Hamlet ever actually DID get added to DST I fully expect them to function the same way they do in Solo DS (toggling one to On will Distoggle the other choices as seen Here-)

Sorry for making this post a TL:DR I just wanted to really explain in detail why the two mods are different.

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

What @_MADL Mod here is trying to do is faithfully recreate that experience by making the game run by shipwrecked rules biomes, mobs, weather seasons, mechanics etc- Without that content Undoing all the hard work Klei has put into something like DST Boating Overhaul & the Content designed around that type of experience.

Island Adventures mod on the other hand- (or atleast in my understanding of it..) tries to blend both DST content in with SW Content and merge both types of games together into one package & if that is the case: I’m surprised at how SW boating mechanics don’t completely bust content designed around using DST boating mechanics.

That's not true? IA is pretty shipwrecked adapted to dst content like new crafting system and characters with their refreshes. There's no stuff like dst boating but you can link a Shipwrecked world with normal DST one. 

While this mod completely removes all of the dst content except multiplayer (even characters and reworks)

So many people are rude to _MADL just because he made dst look like ds sw, like dam.

you did great work _MADL, i find this much more amazing than island adventure and tropical experience since you did it all by yourself while those mods had big team of people work on them. It's very rare for a person who can port/make such a huge mod alone without burning out very badly or giving up so it's extremely impressive, talented, and outstanding of you.

I can't wait to use it when it comes out and i'm excited for a hamlet one too :D!

On 5/26/2022 at 8:28 PM, . . . said:

So many people are rude to _MADL just because he made dst look like ds sw, like dam.

you did great work _MADL, i find this much more amazing than island adventure and tropical experience since you did it all by yourself while those mods had big team of people work on them. It's very rare for a person who can port/make such a huge mod alone without burning out very badly or giving up so it's extremely impressive, talented, and outstanding of you.

I can't wait to use it when it comes out and i'm excited for a hamlet one too :D!

everything is better compared to tropical experience, I'm sceptical especially since OP keeps insisting on waiting for klei's responce when IA and TE have existed for years and klei has had nothing against them.

On 5/26/2022 at 2:28 PM, . . . said:

Yeah, but it does look very suspicious when there's so many changes, it looks just like DS-SW. 

As I have heard, that was @_MADL's intent. not to make people suspicious, but make dst into something Like SW.

Also, while it's quite overdue, I am sorry.

I'm sorry for jumping on you over anything remotely suspicious. I was way too aggressive.

On 5/26/2022 at 7:15 AM, Auth said:

IA is designed to mesh both the DST worldgen/gameplay and the SW worldgen/gameplay into the same little bundle. This mod looks to be shipwrecked and shipwrecked only, dropping the standard DST continent and content entirely. 

just the opposite. This TE impoverishes DST and SW, and IA completely transfers, leaving only small and basic mechanics, such as ghosts, character rework, and other little things. This mod, as I understand it, positions itself as a complete transfer, removing everything related to dst.

How did I find this thread this late??

I had came accross with the developer of this mod in public servers several times before in past years, and I'm sure he/she is obviously a skilled programmer. Also I heard about the conception of this project a few years ago from him/her, and now I'm really surprised he/she has been doing the project until now.

7 hours ago, HeatAndRun said:

How did I find this thread this late??

I had came accross with the developer of this mod in public servers several times before in past years, and I'm sure he/she is obviously a skilled programmer. Also I heard about the conception of this project a few years ago from him/her, and now I'm really surprised he/she has been doing the project until now.

Quick tip: when you're not sure of someones pronouns, just say they/them. It applies to everyone. 

2 hours ago, Octohunter777 said:

Quick tip: when you're not sure of someones pronouns, just say they/them. It applies to everyone. 

Real good opinion, unfortunately it wasn't necessary or related to what we are talking about.  Anyway, the mod looks interesting and I'm anticipating when it comes out.

37 minutes ago, LinknAllie said:

Real good opinion, unfortunately it wasn't necessary or related to what we are talking about.  Anyway, the mod looks interesting and I'm anticipating when it comes out.

Tell em boy... 
Interested to see this mod as well.

sonic stare.jpg

57 minutes ago, reallychina said:

No it doesnt. They them is absurd

let's not start a war here :)

anyway, it looks like a lot of effort was put into this mod, i hope everything works out! seems like it would be pretty fun. 

Dear Klei Devs: If you are monitoring this thread, and if this mod is real, and if the mod creator gives you permission to use this mod- (although technically I don’t think you guys have to ask anyone for permission..) please consider adapting this or IA to the console version of the game.

Seeing people on PC get to enjoy SW content through mods always makes me sad that I can’t experience that on Xbox, and while I know it’s not Your fault: It does give me a bit of hatred towards Pc gaming.. why? Because I pay near on about 20$ for a monthly gaming subscription just to be able to play games online, while people on PC don’t pay a monthly subscription to play.

And yes that may be mostly Xbox Live/PSN’s fault: it still makes me feel absolutely miserable when PC gets cool mods or better features when I am quite literally paying more for a lesser experience.

It frustrates me beyond words I can say on these forums without being straight up banned.. and again that’s not YOUR Fault, but seeing amazing things that the DST mod community have been able to create makes me wish that you’d just adapt a few of the most popular ones into actual game content so even those of us paying 20$ a month for Xbox Live can enjoy.

Dear OP/Mod Creator: Please post pre-recorded video links of your mod in action, and once your finished and satisfied with SW, do one for Hamlet next please. <3 

7 hours ago, reallychina said:

No it doesnt. They them is absurd

You know what? I don't have the patience required to deal with bigots today.

Believe whatever you want. 

Some people don't feel that the regular gender pronouns don't really fit who they are and feel that using they/them would be better. That is purely their choice to make, and is not something that should be judged.

Now let's get back to the point of this thread. I have a question: How is this mod different from Island Adventures?

Most of them are implemented correctly the same as SW.

In addition, many unresolved issues have been resolved

such as worldgen, flooding, physics, physicswall, boating, bug, lag, laterncy, 

animation, bound box, camera, sound issues, etc

It's hard to explain.

Just by looking at the screenshots, they feel different.

And here's a short video

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1490200469

I will upload the full video soon

1 hour ago, Octohunter777 said:

How is this mod different from Island Adventures?

From what I'm seeing:

MADL here ports the entirety of Shipwrecked in its pure singleplayer form, including removing any hint of DST content, including items, re-adding the old crafting tab, reverting character refreshes. It's quite simply, Don't Starve: Shipwrecked. Pretty cool.

We at Island Adventures try to incorporate DST content into Shipwrecked as best we can, such as:
- Making all character refreshes compatible with SW (alt. recipes for a lot of craftables, Pipspooks spawn at wrecks for Wendy players, added Shadow Hackers for Maxwells, Tropical Switcherdoodles for Webbers, Balloon Vest works as a Life Jacket, readded the Joy of Volcanology, Poison Balm, Warly's SW dishes, etc. etc.) 
- Made the Sweet Potato crops compatible with the Reap What You Sow update
- Upped the health of a lot of hostile mobs as DST has
- Added DST-specific loot to the treasure hunting pool (celestial orb, terrarium, lunar tools, moonrocks, etc)
- Added the Seaworthy to allow travel between SW and DST worlds (only available via dedicated server atm since the world limit for hosted worlds is 2; Forest and Caves, or SW and Volcano)

There's more but I don't wanna clog up this thread, but that's about the gist of what's different between this and Island Adventures. Cheers!

I’m honestly quite impressed by this! While your mod and IA replicate the general idea of “SW in DST”, the way both of the mods went about it is very distinct and I’m impressed you specifically went and retrofitted DS mechanics into DST to retain the original SW experience as close as you could possibly do it.

I wish you the best of luck when you try to submit it, since I can understand wanting to get the green light from Klei is a good idea for mods like this.

Archived