Just a little niche suggestion.

What about add a cabbage? Another crop to make game a bit "wider".

So cabbage. Grow in Summer, Fall and Winter. Restore 2 manure, take 1 gr formula and 1 compost. (Like tomato. Paired with potato for the winter).

Stats:

Raw: 30 hunger, 0 hp, 0 sanity.

Fried: 20 hunger, 10 hp,  0 sanity.

Normal full grows cabbage looks like normal white cabbage. Giant - like Chinese cabbage or  Brussels sprouts.

New Crockpot dishes:

Borsch - my national dish.

Made of cabbage, potato, tomato and one big meat (monster or normal).

Restore 200 hunger (so it's really usable only for few characters), 10 health and 15 sanity. Spoil in 40 long days.

It can also have a little tweak - once cooked restore only 100 or 50 hunger, but with the time (few days) this number grows up to 200.

Please, leave your crops or dishes in the comments)

I'll list some what I hope are reasonable tweaks to cabbage itself:

(Raw) 8 hunger, 0hp, 0 sanity

(Fried) 18 hunger, 12hp, 0 sanity

Crockpot Dish:

Made of specifically cabbage, potato, tomato, and a meat value of 1

When the dishes freshness lowers, it gains hunger restoration at a ratio of 1%:2hunger. This conversion stops when the dish gets stale

(100%) 50 hunger, 5 health, 15 sanity

(50%) 150 hunger, 5 health, 15 sanity

(49%) 25 hunger, 0 health, 7.5 sanity

(20%) 12 hunger, 0 health, -10 sanity

Spoils in 32 days. In short its meaty stew, however it lasts much longer.

1 minute ago, Lumine04 said:

Also cabbage is gonna require a lot of water, just a minor thing I absolutely sog the tilled dirt regardless.

Yeah, absolutely forgot about water, thanks

1 minute ago, Dragonboooorn said:

Fellow Ukrainian, I assume? Borch a  little overpowered  but I like the concept 

Слава Україні!

44 minutes ago, Lumine04 said:

I'll list some what I hope are reasonable tweaks to cabbage itself:

(Raw) 8 hunger, 0hp, 0 sanity

(Fried) 18 hunger, 12hp, 0 sanity

Crockpot Dish:

Made of specifically cabbage, potato, tomato, and a meat value of 1

When the dishes freshness lowers, it gains hunger restoration at a ratio of 1%:2hunger. This conversion stops when the dish gets stale

(100%) 50 hunger, 5 health, 15 sanity

(50%) 150 hunger, 5 health, 15 sanity

(49%) 25 hunger, 0 health, 7.5 sanity

(20%) 12 hunger, 0 health, -10 sanity

Spoils in 32 days. In short its meaty stew, however it lasts much longer.

Yeah, now it's sounds solid. But here still one question. What about WX? Should they gain 150 hunger for yellow and red spoil? Or it should grow more?

2 minutes ago, DajeKotlyar said:

Yeah, now it's sounds solid. But here still one question. What about WX? Should they gain 150 hunger for yellow and red spoil? Or it should grow more?

It wouldnt grow more as that doesnt make too much sense first of all. Its not like bacteria, flies, and mold add to flavor once it gets spoiled enough. He would recieve the full benefit of the dish anywhere from 51% - 1%, that benefit being 150 hunger. He would still have to wait for it to reach this point however.

Bear in mind that if we get a new crop, it should cover the missing "light manure & growth formula" role. All the other crops cover the rest of the roles with 2x Heavy Manure, 2x Heavy Compost, 2x Heavy Formula, 2x Med Manure, 2x Med Compost, 2x Med Formula, 1 light Formula + Compost, 1 light Manure + Compost crops.

9 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Bear in mind that if we get a new crop, it should cover the missing "light manure & growth formula" role. All the other crops cover the rest of the roles with 2x Heavy Manure, 2x Heavy Compost, 2x Heavy Formula, 2x Med Manure, 2x Med Compost, 2x Med Formula, 1 light Formula + Compost, 1 light Manure + Compost crops.

So it's can be third in potato/tomato pair? Sounds cool

Or I missing something...

Oh, no. Paired with asparagus and corn. And 3/6 with durian and garlic.

And with tomato and watermelon. Sounds good

Grape since we are lacking in fruit and that Warly could stop vining about the grapeless vine.

Grow in Summer Autumn and Winter, restore 4 growth foumula, need 2 manure need to water once every stage.

Stats 

Raw: 10 hunger 2 health 15 sanity, cool you for 10 and 5 wetness.

Cooked: 12 hunger 10 health 7.5 sanity, cool you for 5 and 2.5 wetness.

Normal full grows look like Cabernet Sauvignon Giant rainbow Kyoho grape, the seed is called viney seed.

Stale no effect.

Spoil 2/3 all stat.

Raw: 14 days to spoil Cooked: 10 days to spoil.

4 New Crockpot dishes 

Wine

Made of 4 grapes.

Stats: 15 hunger, 10 health, 30 sanity, cool you for 10 and 8 wetness, and give you a 20-second daze (Grogginess and you can't control your character but can still use things in your inventory).

10 days: 20 hunger, 20 health, 40 sanity, cool you for 12 and 10 wetness, and give you a 40-second daze.

20 days: 25 hunger, 40 health, 50 sanity, cool you for 14 and 12 wetness, and give you a 60-second daze.

60 days: 35 hunger 80 health, 60 sanity, cool you for 18 and 16 wetness and give you a 100-second daze.

It can't spoil.

1.5x stat when eaten within 30-second of each other and add more time for daze.

Grape milkshake

Made of 1 grape 1 daily and 2 ice.

Stats 30 hunger, 30 health 60 sanity, cool you for 24 and 20 wetness.

Stale no effect.

Spoil 2/3 all stat.

spoil 10 days in icebox 40 days.

Grape jam

Made of 2 grapes and 2 berries.

Stats: 50 hunger, 15 health, 30 sanity.

Stale no effect.

Spoil no effect.

spoil 60 days

Meat stuffed grape

Made of 1 grape 2 morsels and 1 vegetable.

Stats 60 hunger, 30 health, 20 sanity.

Stale no effect.

Spoil 3/4 all stat.

spoil 30 days.

37 minutes ago, Waoling said:

Wine

Made of 4 grapes.

Stats: 15 hunger, 10 health, 30 sanity, cool you for 10 and 8 wetness, and give you a 20-second daze (Grogginess and you can't control your character but can still use things in your inventory).

10 days: 20 hunger, 20 health, 40 sanity, cool you for 12 and 10 wetness, and give you a 40-second daze.

20 days: 25 hunger, 40 health, 50 sanity, cool you for 14 and 12 wetness, and give you a 60-second daze.

60 days: 35 hunger 80 health, 60 sanity, cool you for 18 and 16 wetness and give you a 100-second daze.

It can't spoil.

1.5x stat when eaten within 30-second of each other and add more time for daze.

It could work, but it is highly unlikely Klei would even consider adding alcoholic beverages or intoxication to the game. 

37 minutes ago, Waoling said:

Meat stuffed grape

Made of 1 grape 2 morsels and 1 vegetable.

Stats 60 hunger, 30 health, 20 sanity.

Stale no effect.

Spoil 3/4 all stat.

spoil 30 days.

How large of grapes are you growing that you can stuff meat into them? Do you perhaps mean, grape-stuffed meat, which is fig-stuffed trunk.

27 minutes ago, RoseAppraiser said:

It could work, but it is highly unlikely Klei would even consider adding alcoholic beverages or intoxication to the game. 

I think intoxication mechanic could be cool in game. Like eating spoiled or special food (monster meat, durian ect.) will not affect to your hp directly, but raise intoxication. Character became drowsy, if intoxication continue grow he start lose hunger, and if it raise max - hp.

There a lot small tweaks to add

3 hours ago, RoseAppraiser said:

How large of grapes are you growing that you can stuff meat into them?

Ravioli is approximately grape sized and can be stuffed with meat.

8 minutes ago, Cheggf said:
3 hours ago, RoseAppraiser said:

How large of grapes are you growing that you can stuff meat into them?

Ravioli is approximately grape sized and can be stuffed with meat.

I assumed he was refering to "Dolma" which is a dish made with grape leaves with meat and veggie stuffing inside. (Sort of like cabbage rolls)

I think we need some kind of minigame like the gorge so we can make use of the so many dishes we could make with farming...

nowadays it is just kinda pointless adding more and more dishes that you will barely make, just like the fig @_@

I want crops that are not just sources of food. Aloe in hamlet was a cool idea but should have been fleshed out more. You shouldve been able to craft herbal medicine with it.

It'd be cool if we got a sickness system in DST.

Example sicknesses include hypothermia from freezing for too long and heat stroke from overheating for too long.

Then of course thered be medicine you could craft from crops like aloe + pepper for hypothermia and aloe + watermelon for heat stroke. 

I feel like the crops table is already very much inflated.

There is only a mere 3.2 % chance getting a pepper plant seed in summer. In a lightout world I've been feeding pines to a catcoon for almost 1 yr, and I am still missing dragon fruit and pomegranate seed. So if we are to add more crops I think there is a need in adjusting some of the RNG numbers.

5 hours ago, Echsrick said:

hear me out on this.....WHEAT!

thats like the obviously the correct answere, like, its like a weird thing that is not in the real game

You can't eat wheat. Or maybe you can, but nobody actually does. 

4 hours ago, sudoku said:

want crops that are not just sources of food. Aloe in hamlet was a cool idea

+1 and Aloe would be good for base decorations I think 

and I want pineapple from which you make pineapple hat that works like Wormwood's armour. Also it's a reference to Glass Animal's Song Pork Soda  so when examining the hat some characters (In my head, Wortox) will say "Pineapples are in my head...or the other way around" 

Pineapple is a spiky fruit so when you pick it it's like picking rose 

(You can make pineapple pizza from it, and Warly will despite it because he honours Italian cuisine)

(However, I do think the idea of pineapple pizza is too normal. In fact DST receipes are never mainstream, some more bizarre ideas could be added. Pineapple &seafood fried rice is a good idea, it's very delicious and good-looking. I'm not sure if it's actual Thai food or Chinese food that claims to be Thai:

Spoiler

image.png.c70e95e37f6fb197e185ef86152ba8de.png

The recipe would be: one pineapple, 0.5 fish, and 1 vegetable. It decreases humidity by 50 percent. 

12 hours ago, RoseAppraiser said:

How large of grapes are you growing that you can stuff meat into them? Do you perhaps mean, grape-stuffed meat, which is fig-stuffed trunk.

Most Grape are the size of 10 cent coin and you can stuffed a lot in there, I was inspire by a dish called Dolma but it used the grapes instead of the leaf.

Archived