"Every character sucks" ...not really

Everyone has their quarrels with one or some characters and their own reasons why. So tell me, what character do you dislike, and why? If you dislike multiple characters you can list them too. Ill respond to certain replies with questions if Im interested (:

(Mostly doing this cause Wendy is awesome and Im curious of people thoughts towards her).

Don't like Wendy- her play style and personality are just not my thing I guess. In every non boss fight you just sit there and watch Abigail do all of the stuff for you. And Wendy also gets damage boost on top of that for some reason. 

I could say I don't like Winona too just so Waoling would come here and write a 200 words lecture about how great and awesome she is. 

I also don't like Walter because he's Walter. 

Wendy, Webber and Walter are trio I never choose to play.

Not a fan of kids, their persona and simply their gameplay. Id rather play Wes than a boy who have no common sense and will try to befriend even the most deadliest and ugliest of beasts that are about to eat him. 

Wolfgang and Wickerbottom, they're the worst looking survivors to me.  Wanda can look the same age as Wickerbottom and looks way better. Maxwell is pretty close as well but he has his alchemist outfit which actually looks cool. All the other survivors have a skin at the very least that I like the looks of so I'll play them but Wicker and Wolfgang just don't have any I like.

i kinda dislike Winona for having such an amazing concept and such a boring and lacking execution. i mean, really, engeneer in a survival game, possibilities are almost endless! 

There's this one character called "Wandom" or whatever who I just can not stand.
Like, for real their mechanics are horrendous to use and their personality's even worse, basically nonexistent.

I genuinely don't know how this character made it into the game, but alas this is the reality we are living in. Honestly I would have rather seen Wes 2 instead because then there would at least be some thought put into the gameplay as oppose to whatever the heck they were going for with this absolute disaster of an absolute joke.

Like honestly, who approved of this? Was it [Redacted]? I know you're reading these forums, you can't fool me.
Why would you make a character who is so bloated, yet is also just as bad as every other character combined I simply do not get it.

Wendy: too popular to like

Maxwell: big great antagonist of the first game reduced to an out of control gatherer.

Wilson: poster boy of DST for doing absolutely nothing. Willow does the generic character much better.

Wormwood: Evil plant that tries and fails to monopolize farming.

1 minute ago, Cheggf said:

Wendy, Webber, and Winona are uninteractive and boring.

Happy to not see Wurt in there lol. I'm not a fan of Wanda myself, she brings so much to the table compared to the rest. Poor Willow over here with a teddy bear, and Wanda killing bosses as a granny and a watch

I have played Woodie the least... All of his skins are super ugly. I cant stand the wereform music. Lucys voice is super grating. Plus, other than being able to scout for lunar island early, i just dont think hes that fun to play

3 hours ago, Dragonboooorn said:

Wendy, Webber and Walter are trio I never choose to play.

For a 10yo old blond girl her depression definitely carries her survivability. Abigail is an amazing tool for never running out of early game food, I do enjoy my butter farm in the middle of my base.

13 minutes ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

Wendy and wigfrid's voice's are the reason I play with no sound.

As a Wendy main, I agree. For some reason her voice sounds the least unique, I love Wilson's and Wortox's carol but Wendys...I cry.

52 minutes ago, jan Mele said:

In what place is Wendy uninteractive? How is she worse than Wigfrid or Willow in this regard?

I agree that the arguement that Wendy is uninteractive is strange. There a relaxing feeling of learning how to efficiently use her against each boss. Also she can cure the pain of some farms and much more.

1 hour ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Wendy: too popular to like

Maxwell: big great antagonist of the first game reduced to an out of control gatherer.

Wilson: poster boy of DST for doing absolutely nothing. Willow does the generic character much better.

Wormwood: Evil plant that tries and fails to monopolize farming.

Wendy...is popular? Thats the most fortunate shocking thing Ive heard about this game. Although Im gonna go on both PC and PS4 to see for myself if she is popular.

Maxwell is at the bottem of a sad, empty, damp'n'dusty well. Though he is sure to get a rework or refresh this year!

I got no words for Wilson, played him for about 2 hours in the singleplayer before unlocking more characters soon after.

Wormwood current farm perks can accomplish the same things cheap alternatives can. Planting without tilling? Well my opinion is biased cause my buddy is happy to help with tilling so I think this "perk" is useless. Can talk to plants while bloomed without animation? Same thing can be done with the cheap one-man band. Living logs? Honestly I just go to the lunar grotto for a bit and thats no trouble.

2 hours ago, skile said:

i kinda dislike Winona for having such an amazing concept and such a boring and lacking execution. i mean, really, engeneer in a survival game, possibilities are almost endless! 

Her survivor tab is so small! A 10yo girl has more crafts than her. They need to rework her big time. Foldable generators, catapults, and lights that fit like boxes in her inventory. The spotlight providing a cone of light, being able to turn of generators for one. Give her a unbreakable hammer, can repair walls for cheaper, I mean I could go on these are just little examples.

4 hours ago, Faintly Macabre said:

Winona. Catapults are an absolute balancing disaster.

I disagree, theres a lot of geometry and resources involved in these boss killing tactics. Especially bee queen where a bakers dozen is required for time purposes. I hope they never nerf these.

4 hours ago, FourthLess said:

Don't like Wendy- her play style and personality are just not my thing I guess. In every non boss fight you just sit there and watch Abigail do all of the stuff for you. And Wendy also gets damage boost on top of that for some reason. 

I dont mean to sound rude and Im also not trying to support Wendy too much. But if one simply just watched Abigail do her thing your playing Wendy wrong, only excuse is stunlockable mobs.

I just wanted to respond to some of these. Lovely replies from yall!

4 minutes ago, Lumine04 said:

I disagree, theres a lot of geometry and resources involved in these boss killing tactics. Especially bee queen where a bakers dozen is required for time purposes. I hope they never nerf these.

Geometry that somebody else has probably figured out for you already (and isn't exactly rocket science anyway), and resources that while heavy have almost no barrier to entry. And worst of all, when you've got them set up, you can just... play somebody else, who isn't otherwise completely uninteresting. Granted, some other characters have similar issues, but I don't think anybody else's tools that are useable by other characters have such an insignificant barrier to entry relative to the enormity of their power.

Minor nitpick, but Wolfgang, Wig, and Wanda. Hate is too much to describe how I feel about those characters, but all of them hovering around the same niche (direct combat) always bothered me. I can't see someone who mains Wanda ever touching Wolf, or someone who main Wolf touching Wig, etc, etc. Maybe those people exist, but I wish that Klei tried to make at least Wig and Wolf more different from each other, instead of being "noob/early game wolf" or "Wanda but worse."

Winona....I dislike. How do you have a character inspired by Rosie the Riveter - the icon of strong, independent woman - and then just... have her story relevance begin and end with "oh hey I know that guy." And then her game play relevance is just "build catapults and then be irrelevant." Maybe I'm being dramatic, but she's just... a whatever character. She has nothing to make her any more interesting than any other character in game, and I can't see how someone can like her outside of personality or character design. Doesn't help how i dislike the low-effort-automation of catapults for something like, killing AF. It's just one of those things that make me want to put the game down and say " What is the point of grinding materials, practicing fighting, and experimenting new strategies if the best way to do everything is just afk farming?" Again, a character I don't hate, but not a fan of.

I hate Wendy. Everything about her. I already said it in another thread, but i'll say it again. Most of her perks are just handed to her without doing anything; said perks (or least Abby) is full-stop hand-holding with things like spiders and hounds; downside that is irrelevant due to Abby defeating the need to fight most mobs AND the petal debuff she inflicts (add beefalo and suddenly she's doing more damage than most of the cast); said downside also just being a boring in general...etc. 

But I hate her personality even more than her game play. I really hate when the game makes me want to take her seriously whenever Abby dies or in her character rework... but then you have quotes of her joking about killing Webber, suicide jokes, and generally being edgy. Like, this post is already long enough with nitpicks, but she's comes of as a character that is written to have shock value over actual character. 

sorry if the post seems disorganized or underdeveloped in some ares I literally have to get ready for work in like 10 mins from the time i post this and wanted to post before it gets locked/i forget/banished to 2nd page irrelevancy  q-q 

31 minutes ago, Lumine04 said:

Wendy...is popular? Thats the most fortunate shocking thing Ive heard about this game. Although Im gonna go on both PC and PS4 to see for myself if she is popular

Pretty sure Wendy is the most picked character. There's a site that with some DST statistics. Idk the the adress. 

37 minutes ago, Lumine04 said:

I dont mean to sound rude and Im also not trying to support Wendy too much. But if one simply just watched Abigail do her thing your playing Wendy wrong, only excuse is stunlockable mobs.!

Not wrong, just bad. Otherwise I agree with this. Like, really, imagine taking the "Abigail main" memes seriously. 

11 minutes ago, Superlucas1231 said:

But I hate her personality even more than her game play. I really hate when the game makes me want to take her seriously whenever Abby dies or in her character rework

+

Archived