"Every character sucks" ...not really

I hate Wilson because his only power is having a beard.
I hate Willow because Bernie suck with Enlightenment.
I hate Wolfgang because talks like a kid with brain damage.
I hate Wendy because it's like playing Pokémon but with Abigail.
I hate WX-78 because he left nothing to do in the ruins.
I hate Wikerbottom because she has nothing good to do in the current game.
I hate Woodie because he is good in some task, but the best in nothing.
I hate Wes because is Wes.
I hate Maxwell because Wanda makes better use of Nightmare fuel.
I hate Wigfrid because she doesn't have any "real" downside.
I hate Webber because full my base of spiders.
I hate Warly because he makes meals using  my corpse.
I hate Wormwood because it doesn't leave the garden.
I hate Winona because the only good thing she has are the catapults.
I hate Wortox because he never heals in time.
I hate Wurt because her backstory has nothing to do with the Gorge.
I hate Walter because brigs nothing new.
I hate Wanda because old means near to die, not overpower.

Walter cause he's a failed attempt at a ranged character and his other gimmicks i do not find interesting or that helpful.

I mean i think this was the intention to make him a ranged character given the very steep sanity penalties for getting hit? But his slingshot is sooo bad in more ways than one ...

Either way he's frustrating and not fun character to play as imo.

Woby is ok but she doesn't salvage Walter's character for me..

Reading all these, and its a crazy thought, none of the characters in this game have true downsides.

Wilson truly has no downside

Wolfgang losing more sanity is a benefit for getting nightmare fuel since becoming sane again is effortless

Willow freezing is and has always been countered by a simple thermal stone

Wendy doing less damage is forgotten with her damage boost when fighting with Abigail by her side

Winona crafting slower when hungry is a big "who cares"

Wormwood getting no health from food is easy to manage with the multiple inorganic ways to heal available immediately

Wortox getting less hunger from food doesnt matter when meatballs are so cheap

Wurt being a vegetarian doesnt limit her options much

Wigfrid being a carnivore doesnt limit her options much

Etc etc etc....

4 minutes ago, Lumine04 said:

Wortox getting less hunger from food doesnt matter when meatballs are so cheap

it matters a lot cause meatballs are very eh and he spends a lot of time eating inefficient food

25 minutes ago, Dextops said:

it matters a lot cause meatballs are very eh and he spends a lot of time eating inefficient food

Well meatballs are an example. When I play Wortox I typically only eat bacon and eggs when I need hunger, which is also what I eat for other characters. So again, it just doesnt feel nor seem like a downside.

5 minutes ago, Lumine04 said:

Well meatballs are an example. When I play Wortox I typically only eat bacon and eggs when I need hunger, which is also what I eat for other characters. So again, it just doesnt feel nor seem like a downside.

But it also halves health and souls are a pretty meh way of healing and then again you are still wasting double the resources for lackluster perks

1 hour ago, ALCRD said:

Walter cause he's a failed attempt at a ranged character and his other gimmicks i do not find interesting or that helpful.

I mean i think this was the intention to make him a ranged character given the very steep sanity penalties for getting hit? But his slingshot is sooo bad in more ways than one ...

Either way he's frustrating and not fun character to play as imo.

Woby is ok but she doesn't salvage Walter's character for me..

You know not the power of his adventurer  skin this is why you play Walter his stylish skin.....yea the slingshot isn't good but it's somewhat useful...

4 minutes ago, Dextops said:

But it also halves health and souls are a pretty meh way of healing and then again you are still wasting double the resources for lackluster perks

I always play with a full group, and those souls allow us to focus on hunger and sanity foods. Plus I always make a butter farm, the insane rate of killing butterflies amasses a lot of souls. But I know Wortox isnt for everyone, but never underestimate the souls in teamplay

2 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

You know not the power of his adventurer  skin this is why you play Walter his stylish skin.....yea the slingshot isn't good but it's somewhat useful...

I don't really like his skins

Wendy - Because i see too many of them. Noob-Trap character that teaches to rely on Abigail.

Wigfrid - Less then Wendy, just because they have to be involved in fights. Still a noob character and still too many of them.

Winona - I hate her, because i only see how Winonas are obsessed with Spotlights

WANDA! - She is just way too good, compared to other characters. Too often dst veterans playing her exclusively, just because she is a great fighter, with godlike utility and mobility. Infinite, almost ranged weapon (Alarming Clock), Invincibility frames and mini blinks (Backstep Watch), Free healing (Ageless Watch), Resurrect others without health penalty (Second Chance Watch), Teleport to any place through shards (Backtrek Watch) YO I HATE WANDA FOR BEING TOO GOOD!

16 minutes ago, Keller Max said:

Wendy - Because i see too many of them. Noob-Trap character that teaches to rely on Abigail.

Wigfrid - Less then Wendy, just because they have to be involved in fights. Still a noob character and still too many of them.

Winona - I hate her, because i only see how Winonas are obsessed with Spotlights

WANDA! - She is just way too good, compared to other characters. Too often dst veterans playing her exclusively, just because she is a great fighter, with godlike utility and mobility. Infinite, almost ranged weapon (Alarming Clock), Invincibility frames and mini blinks (Backstep Watch), Free healing (Ageless Watch), Resurrect others without health penalty (Second Chance Watch), Teleport to any place through shards (Backtrek Watch) YO I HATE WANDA FOR BEING TOO GOOD!

Wendy is indeed a noob-trap, but I never found myself relying on Abigail personally. If using her for spider, hound, and pig farms is relying then I guess I do but not in my opinion.

Wigfrid is a noob character? Never expected to hear that as her meat diet would scare noobs as well as shock them as they dont know the options. She is very popular (Im currently recording my findings of the most played characters on console) but considering how they all had skins and some of the worlds were well developed I dont think she is a very noob-trap character at all.

Winona...not bad, just underwhelming in every engineering aspect, though I have no idea where your hearing this 'praise for spotlights' cause everyone hates them.

Im gonna quote someone from another post cause it applies to me, "Had Wanda for 6 months now and Im still waiting for the moment where I go, man I wish I was playing Wanda-" Shes strong, but her playstyle is off-putting to me and possibly many, many others.

9 hours ago, FourthLess said:

Don't like Wendy- her play style and personality are just not my thing I guess. In every non boss fight you just sit there and watch Abigail do all of the stuff for you. And Wendy also gets damage boost on top of that for some reason. 

I could say I don't like Winona too just so Waoling would come here and write a 200 words lecture about how great and awesome she is. 

I also don't like Walter because he's Walter. 

I’m just going to wildly assume you’ve never played any RPG ever.

Particularly “insert most Chinese made games here..” where the player has a incredibly powerful Summon Ally, but without that Ally.. the character is Weak.

I just described playing as Wendy in 34 words or less.

Warning a long rant will now follow below:

It’s okay for you to hate her, that’s you & you do err you I guess.. but I’ve played games with Summon characters my entire life, and WENDY is the closest your going to ever get to that, the second character on that list who comes behind Wendy would probably be Willow

Why? Because they both have an A.I. Companion that needs to be healed and cared for.

Walter on the other hand does not count on this list because whilst you can make Woby big.. Woby can’t become KO’d needing reviving.. Woby is Immortal- And that’s probably the ONE feature that turns me off playing Walter the most.

He gets a free 9 slot storage back pack/ Portable Beefalo Mount, a decent ranges weapon which makes using boomerangs as Walter something you’ll never do.. and more importantly- He has all these so called downsides.. but you never have to feel any “Risk” in taking Woby into combat.

Woby doesn’t have to “Die” but it sure as hell would’ve been nice if she atleast needed to be taken to a Pokémon center to heal after knocking out your Pokémon in battle.

If you happen to get Abigail slaughtered as Wendy.. any potion effects you had applied to her are automatically used up, and her total health drops and needs time to re-heal up.

And whilst most other characters can use Boomerangs to One hit kill small animals such as Rabbit or a Landing bird, Abigail will not help Wendy at all in this situation and Wendy’s “hits weaker than others” downside is significantly noticeable when you smack a bird with a boomerang and instead of it dying it flys off.

Wendy- Much like every other character, has her downsides..

My least favorite character in the entire game however (use to be Wes..) is Warly- I hate Warly.. i don’t know any of his speciality dishes and I’m pretty sure any casual player who does not read the wiki won’t know his special dishes either… Without those dishes what does Warly have cooking for him? (Yeah I went there..)

Just seems like a half baked character who could use a little more easily noticeable uniqueness about himself beyond just cooking stuff.

An example would be spawning into the world with a 6 slot portable icebox to keep ingredients from spoiling too soon, or being able to pretend he is Rapunzel from the movie Tangled and whack things with his cooking ware.

He is a MASTER Chef, this character should’ve guided new players into learning crockpot dishes by making quotes about adding X or Y to add flavor to this dish..

But as he stands right now… he’s like eating macaroni without cheese or salt.

I dislike Walter's slingshots being too slow and Winona's catapults being too cheesy, but other than that I have nothing against them. I guess I just don't like playing those two, and am still waiting for the day Klei decides to rework them into a better state. Both characters have so much potential that can be provided with minimal effort.

Oh, also an unpopular opinion, but I never found Webber interesting to play as. I love his quotes and his sound though.

1 hour ago, Bumber64 said:

Crafting also drains her hunger when she isn't hungry.

Yes I know thank you, I swear all forums feel like Im speaking to lawyers 

(This is a joke, and this is also part of the joke)

9 hours ago, Superlucas1231 said:

Maybe those people exist, but I wish that Klei tried to make at least Wig and Wolf more different from each other, instead of being "noob/early game wolf" or "Wanda but worse."

Your own baseless prejudice is the issue here, not the characters. They are a defensive and supportive team oriented fighter who makes it so everyone needs less prep, a fighter worker hybrid who doesn't exclusively help with combat, and Wolfgang but worse until 3 years of gameplay in which case it doesn't matter who you are since there's nothing left to do. Or Wolfgang but plays completely differently and is completely down to preference. Whichever you like.

10 hours ago, Lumine04 said:

Wendy...is popular?

By far. She has like 2x the pickrate of Wigfrid, and Wigfrid has like 2x the pickrate of Wilson (who's in third). At least the last time I looked it was something like that.

Wilson and Walter.

Walter due to having SO many perks and yet all but one of them manages to be irrelevant, his slingshot as the worst of all, being out DPS'ed by a spear of all things, not counting kiting i presume but still a spear, leaving a funny looking chester that can pretend to be a method of transport.

Wilson for the obvious no perk reason, but also because i KEEP getting his elegants and they ALL look good and i NEVER get to use them.

The default character argument does not even work anymore, almost all characters are unlocked from the start, and we have plenty of characters that require you to actively work to get their perks working, please klei, let my funny hair gel man have a rework.

Archived