What would happen if DST never happen?

I'm not sure how exactly you mean. 

Like game development story wise? Or...?

I feel like the games multi-player really drew in a giant crowd. And the skins, gave klei big funding.

I wonder what direction they planned to take this game from the beginning. If they ever planned to do the Lunar stuff or if that was all thought of down the road as they needed more story/content. 

If don't starve never happened I probably would've never started sharing my art online, and I also wouldn't have some of my closest friends since I would have never met them on these forums and on don't starve related discord servers. 

3 more massive and good expansions to DS and the added ability to play 2 players coop throughout the game & DLCs.

I would’ve preferred that over DST to be honest… several reasons- Enemy health too high and expects me to have a party to make it easier/less Grindy, content that works overall better with a party is difficult if playing by yourself (building/operating a boat and all its structures, fighting off otherwise overwhelming swarms of enemy mobs, even some of the newest WX78 scanalyzier stuff is easier when there’s another player like when is a enemy hound or Deerclops or AG going to stand still long enough for you to scan them for bio data & crafting blueprints?)

I would obviously miss all the skins I’ve collected and the awesome newer reworks/content..

But if DST never existed- 2 player coop for DS would have.

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I think you could only fit so much in a game that was 10 year old, and Klei would probably not be as popular now since no one going to play a 10 year old game that isn't popular, and I think they would just go to another project since DST popularity make them know that the fanchise is profitable so they will keep adding new thing to it but if the DST project fail they know that DS gonna also start losing it popularity sooner or later and the fact that they can't make money with skin, they probably make one DLC for DS and go on to other game.

The single player salt in this topic is real. I'm worried for my hypertension.

16 minutes ago, Waoling said:

I think you could only fit so much in a game that was 10 year old

This is true (and a bit painfully apparent in the state single-player is currently in), but... sequel, then?

19 minutes ago, Faintly Macabre said:

The single player salt in this topic is real. I'm worried for my hypertension.

Please dont bait people into arguing in this thread now that the  Bottomless firepit thread is closed.

Many of us started out with the singleplayer so there are fond memories there and we are allowed to have them while at the same time also loving DST, plus its logical that if DST was never made, as this thread hypothesizes, the singleplayer would have recieved the updates.

No salt, just nostalgia, and logic.

7 minutes ago, sudoku said:

Please dont bait people into arguing in this thread now that the  Bottomless firepit thread is closed.

Many of us started out with the singleplayer so there are fond memories there and we are allowed to have them while at the same time also loving DST, plus its logical that if DST was never made, as this thread hypothesizes, the singleplayer would have recieved the updates.

No salt, just nostalgia, and logic.

Completely innocent joke, not intended to be at all inflammatory, from somebody who did and does also love single player. Please don't take everything I say as incendiary just because we disagreed elsewhere.

Archived