Your opinion on DST crossover fanfiction

Your opinion on DST crossover fanfiction  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like DST crossover fanfiction

5 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

Reading/finding that would require me to go look for it. And given the brain damage I received the last time I looked at DST's AO3 page, I have no interest in doing that any time soon.

What happened to make you say that?

23 minutes ago, Cassielu said:

Most of crossover fanfiction is catastrophically terrible, not only dst

I think that crossover fanfiction can be really good but most writers seem to value romance more than the interesting part of the crossover, I think crossover romance can work but it shouldn't be the main story.

15 minutes ago, SecretPizzaMan said:

You claim that crossover fanfiction can be very good. But I've yet to see any sort of proof.

Why don't you try reading dst crossover fanfic? It the best way to know if you like it or not and most of them is about 10-30 chapter long so it be fine.

16 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

After all those cringy danny phantom fanfics I've listened to my friends read...

Keep me away from the fanfics please.

Maybe your friends have other taste that don't fit with your maybe you could try find your own perfect fanfiction about thing you like.

24 minutes ago, SecretPizzaMan said:

You claim that crossover fanfiction can be very good. But I've yet to see any sort of proof.

It definitely exists, the authors just have to be motivated by wanting to tell a story, rather than just going "Hey, I like these two things. I should write them together!"

2 hours ago, Waoling said:

What happened to make you say that?

No comment

Crossworld vs Mixworld fanfiction, I like crossworld more since I really like the fish out of water story but it also prone to bad writing, while mixworld use more effort doesn't have that amazing feeling when your two favorite character meet but usaully have better writing.

once upon a time, wilson got another weird meassage from his radio, he suspicously looks at maxwell, wich himself has no glue what it could be, the radio voice saying "what sould we do magic conch shell?" and wilson answeres whit "nothin....?" wilson then hears a weird screaming and then nothing more, he still wonders who actualy speaked there

10 hours ago, Theukon-dos said:

Reading/finding that would require me to go look for it. And given the brain damage I received the last time I looked at DST's AO3 page, I have no interest in doing that any time soon.

My friends and I used to read rancid fanfics on Discord calls just because we found the fun in the pain(?) And let me tell you, you're right, most of it sucks, more than expected, but they're mostly written for very young audiences or very amateur writers, and I think only 1% of what I've read has been worth

7 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Not that it's related to Don't Starve Extended Universe in any way but I remember the Super Mario Bros Z series fondly

Thank you for that beautiful memory, I loved that series when I was a child

Crossover fan fiction? No.. I don’t want the fans writing anything..

But crossovers in general are usually well done when they’re done by the two companies/brands crossing over.

Cartoon Network had a bunch of cool crossover back in my day with Hanna Barbera cartoons- and the big Alien Invasion that spanned across Several different tv shows through a continued narration.

I just want a consistent story from the people who actually write the story.. Crossovers or not.

10 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Crossover fan fiction? No.. I don’t want the fans writing anything..

But crossovers in general are usually well done when they’re done by the two companies/brands crossing over.

Cartoon Network had a bunch of cool crossover back in my day with Hanna Barbera cartoons- and the big Alien Invasion that spanned across Several different tv shows through a continued narration.

I just want a consistent story from the people who actually write the story.. Crossovers or not.

Fan content can be as amazing or better than the original content, I think you just didn't dig hard for a good fan content, saying that you don't like fanfiction is fine but wanting the fan to not write anything is a bit harsh in my opinion, every fanfiction writers have different taste in writing that might not be your taste but you shouldn't say they are bad because it's not your taste, and most of them are new writers it shouldn't be an excuse for bad writing but you give them criticism so that they can improve not just hating on them and changing noting. 

Reading bad fanfiction is one of my occasional pastimes and it is always a wonderfully concerning experience.
The type of story doesn't really matter for my personal enjoyment, and the only fan made DST story I've ever seen was a comic a while back but now I've been motivated to look into the horrifying minds at the back of this community through crossovers

17 hours ago, Baark0 said:

"Maybe"

"I don't know"

"Maybe" is for people who have read DST crossover fanfiction and have mixed emotions about how to feel about it.

"I don't know" is for people who haven't read DST crossover fanfiction but don't hate or like the idea of it.

10 hours ago, Waoling said:

"Maybe" is for people who have read DST crossover fanfiction and have mixed emotions about how to feel about it.

"I don't know" is for people who haven't read DST crossover fanfiction but don't hate or like the idea of it.

but wouldnt it make sense for those people to just not vote? theres a button that lets you see results too btw. not that i care, i just think maybe and idk are funny voting options

Archived