[Game Update] - 504700

honestly I think it would be a lot more interesting if all of wx's starting stats were set back to all 100's,  would make all of the stat circuits more viable and make them more interesting and more of a challenge.

• Like 2
  • Health 1

3 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

weird requirement

As far as I am aware, it’s not a requirement and to avoid getting warnings from Mr JoeW for being off-topic I’m going to spoiler tag my reply to this-

Spoiler

When you play GTA V for the first time and your riding down the street in a car and you hit a curb or a car hits you and your vehicle then proceeds to roll over on itself 2-3 times before the little Diamond pops up on your Xbox with the Achievement chime sound- There’s just something irreplaceable iconic about that- ESPECIALLY if the Achievement is hard as hell to get so you feel like you accomplished something afterwards, I can’t speak for everyone- but I know personally I might would be more motivated to fighting the CrabKing or Toadstool if they had achievements unlocked for killing them (AG having an Achievement is what actually lead me to seek it out and kill it just to get 100% achievements in DST)

The thing about game updates for DST though is that they can’t change anything in those updates (such as removing rock lobster or increasing the chances for Slurtle Shell/Shelmet Drop rate) that will effect those Achievements.

However.. as far as I know they are not a requirement for all games on Xbox/PSN.

But please stay on topic, we’ve seen awesome Wurt changes, bramble husk buffs, change to pumpkin lanterns escaping fireflies..

I mean- Klei really needs to slow down or they won’t have anything to update in those other 2 planned QoL updates later :p

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StevenM said:

Improved Wormwood's Bramble Husk.

1 hour ago, 0bit said:

The Bramble Husk now requires 4 stingers to craft, rather than 4 bone shards. It also now has more durability (525 compared to the previous 262.5, and 210 more than a log suit!) and provides 80% protection (That's up from 65%, and is equal to a log suit)
Its splash damage seems the same.  

these are awesome improvements! :love-struck:

I had in mind to make it repairable by Wormwood with poop since making a husk especially early on usually means a -40 HP hit but perhaps the huge durability and protection increase now actually makes 40 hp not as expensive of a cost..hm.. 

The husk triggering periodically when worn by Wormwood in combat without needing to be hit at the cost of some durability couldve been a really neat way to make it more special for Wormwood i think :rolleyes: since everyone else is better at using it to tank than him already. 

Stingers instead of bone shards is amazing! 

———
Tall order maybe but, could Wormwood be connected to some of the Return of Them content in some way somewhere down the line? seems like a missed opportunity! 

Could be unique interactions with mobs like mushgnomes, saladmanders, grass gators, gestalts etc. Or the lunar island environment in some way. Or new celestial tier craft(s) for him using moon glass etc. 

Edited by Ohan
  • Like 14
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 1

I feel like if WX had 

- 100 of every stat

- each teir 1 stat mod gives 50 of that stat

- and 7 slots instead of 6

it would be a bit nicer, so people could take up 1 or 2 slots to balance their stats and still have some room to mess around.

Thats my opinión.

Edited by Masterblaster38
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Health 1
  • Big Ups 1

1 hour ago, Ndgaming said:

honestly I think it would be a lot more interesting if all of wx's starting stats were set back to all 100's,  would make all of the stat circuits more viable and make them more interesting and more of a challenge.

How is "Now I can eat meaty stews if I want but basically nothing else changed", "Now I can have nothing change", and " Now it takes slightly longer for me to change between sane and insane" interesting? If number go up but you don't actually do anything even slightly differently is fun and interesting then surely they already would be at 125 stats since just about nothing is different between that and 100.

1 hour ago, loopuleasa said:

Why not include all character reworks in the WX rework

Everybody seems to like it

Give maxwell a way to dismiss shadows and make them inactive

He can do that by punching them.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

How is "Now I can eat meaty stews if I want but basically nothing else changed", "Now I can have nothing change", and " Now it takes slightly longer for me to change between sane and insane" interesting? If number go up but you don't actually do anything even slightly differently is fun and interesting then surely they already would be at 125 stats since just about nothing is different between that and 100..

Well for the 1st part it would make it so you would have to take more food with you and be more prepared, and food is easy anyways idk why it would be that much of a challenge. For sanity I don't really care too much because I don't manage it in the first place, so sanity could probably stay at 125, but I think health should at least drop to 100 so it fits the feeling of "upgrade to make them better", a build a character, plus I few the game as an uncompromising game and I personally think it should be harder. TLDR: sanity can stay, hunger doesn't matter too much but its not that hard to deal with, but their health should still be lowered to 100 to make them feel like an upgradable character.

7 minutes ago, Ndgaming said:

Well for the 1st part it would make it so you would have to take more food with you

Are you really planning your food so tightly that 2 minutes will kill you? You're gonna die because you were expecting to starve in 173 minutes but you started starving after only 171?

10 minutes ago, Ndgaming said:

I think health should at least drop to 100 so it fits the feeling of "upgrade to make them better",

In what situation will you die at 100hp but survive at 125?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fill-Lips said:

image.thumb.png.f67b438d0c560c2145bb1f05267b8030.png

YO WHAT, HOTFIX ADDED THE SKIN?!

I dig that skin Klei, cold color schemes for the win ! (Maybe it's not that cold, but WX looks awesome in grey !)

Edited by Rafi.

2 hours ago, loopuleasa said:

Why not include all character reworks in the WX rework

Everybody seems to like it

Give maxwell a way to dismiss shadows and make them inactive

Personally I think a interesting solution would be to port over the way merms now handle tasks that being that if you prompt them to do a task they'll do it without being prompted until you move away from something they're performing that task on for example:

I order a merm to chop some trees and he does this and then later if I walk up to some trees he'll go over to them and start chopping without being prompted but if I try to leave the screen he's on while he's doing the task he'll stop the task and follow me and won't perform it again until you start to.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Personally I think a interesting solution would be to port over the way merms now handle tasks that being that if you prompt them to do a task they'll do it without being prompted until you move away from something they're performing that task on for example:

I order a merm to chop some trees and he does this and then later if I walk up to some trees he'll go over to them and start chopping without being prompted but if I try to leave the screen he's on while he's doing the task he'll stop the task and follow me and won't perform it again until you start to.

Heck no, Maxwells shadows need to work identical to how you summon, Rile up, and Soothe Abigail. It’s as easy as Conjur/Dismiss, Order to Work/Order to Stop Work.

Thats something I DEFINITELY expect Klei to deliver when they get around to reworking Maxwell.

• Like 1

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

Heck no, Maxwells shadows need to work identical to how you summon, Rile up, and Soothe Abigail. It’s as easy as Conjur/Dismiss, Order to Work/Order to Stop Work.

Thats something I DEFINITELY expect Klei to deliver when they get around to reworking Maxwell.

I meant more so as a small tweak in the meantime I was more so expecting them to go a different direction with Maxwell for his refresh but who really knows.

41 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Are you really planning your food so tightly that 2 minutes will kill you? You're gonna die because you were expecting to starve in 173 minutes but you started starving after only 171?

In what situation will you die at 100hp but survive at 125?

Well for starters, yeah I can see how that can be annoying, I mainly just think the hp value should be 100.

BUT for the 2nd part, you could say the exact same thing for every single character. Why do different hp values matter? It makes the earlier game harder, and makes it more of a challenge to start up. It's like saying "why do you need 300 hp if you can survive at 75 forever???" It doesn't really work, like yeah kiting gives you infinite hp but it still makes doing it early game harder with more punishment, plus for me at least it would make health upgrades feel more like upgrades instead of unneeded and overkill. I also think that it would fit their premise of being buildable better.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ohan said:

The husk triggering periodically when worn by Wormwood in combat without needing to be hit at the cost of some durability couldve been a really neat way to make it more special for Wormwood i think :rolleyes: since everyone else is better at using it to tank than him already. 

Perhaps the Bramblehusk could have a ammo slot, much like Walter's Slingshot. Load a stack of Bee Stingers in there for some periodic damage. Or perhaps swap it for Bone Shards for extra damage. I love more options lol:)

BUT for the 2nd part, you could say the exact same thing for every single character. Why do different hp values matter?

Correct answer! Maxwell and Wes can be oneshot if they're hit with a surprise terrorbeak or depths worm and 75 is actually low enough where some situations might make healing a little more difficult but other than that it doesn't really matter very much. The difference between 125 and 150 is basically nothing and the difference between 100 and 125 is just as inconsequential. The biggest threshold that matters is 76, but 151 would allow you to survive two unarmored terrorbeak hits.

But the difference between 100 and 125, 151 and 175, 175 and 200, 200 and 600? Basically nothing.

It makes the earlier game harder

What do you mean? Armor is easily obtained by hammering pig houses and healing is easily obtained from butterflies, blue caps, trail mix, spider glands, etc. If you're dying because you had 100 health instead of 125 why are you claiming the game is too easy? That is such a trivial problem to overcome. A single bluecap, a fraction of a single trail mix, butter, or koalefant trunk, 3 butterfly wings, spider glands, or mosquito sacks, a single healing salve. An extra 25hp is nothing.

Edited by Cheggf
  • Like 1
  • Sanity 1

27 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Correct answer! Maxwell and Wes can be oneshot if they're hit with a surprise terrorbeak or depths worm and 75 is actually low enough where some situations might make healing a little more difficult but other than that it doesn't really matter very much. The difference between 125 and 150 is basically nothing and the difference between 100 and 125 is just as inconsequential. The biggest threshold that matters is 76, but 151 would allow you to survive two unarmored terrorbeak hits.

But the difference between 100 and 125, 151 and 175, 175 and 200, 200 and 600? Basically nothing.

What do you mean? Armor is easily obtained by hammering pig houses and healing is easily obtained from butterflies, blue caps, trail mix, spider glands, etc. If you're dying because you had 100 health instead of 125 why are you claiming the game is too easy? That is such a trivial problem to overcome. A single bluecap, a fraction of a single trail mix, butter, or koalefant trunk, 3 butterfly wings, spider glands, or mosquito sacks, a single healing salve. An extra 25hp is nothing.

#1, Terrorbeaks deal 50 damage, and both of those creatures are easy to dodge, maybe not the terrorbeak as much but refer to the former. and Wes and Waxwell are made to be like that to keep you on your toes, with Wes even being a challenge character, and it being Waxwell's downside.

#2, No need to be aggressive, It's just a change for new players in my eyes for more downsides, and with my experience from the game I've always had fun with more challenging characters with harder to manage stats or something that constantly keeps you on your toes. Next, you stated that the max health means nothing because armor just makes it inconsequential. Like seriously, what's the point of giving characters different health values if that's all there is, healing and armor . 100 hp would just make the game a bit more uncompromising, as it should be in my eyes. I really like characters with huge downsides and I think most people would enjoy them too. While not too huge, it would make WX make you think just a little bit more.

4 minutes ago, Ndgaming said:

#1, Terrorbeaks deal 50 damage, and both of those creatures are easy to dodge, maybe not the terrorbeak as much but refer to the former. and Wes and Waxwell are made to be like that to keep you on your toes, with Wes even being a challenge character, and it being Waxwell's downside.

#2, No need to be aggressive, It's just a change for new players in my eyes for more downsides, and with my experience from the game I've always had fun with more challenging characters with harder to manage stats or something that constantly keeps you on your toes. Next, you stated that the max health means nothing because armor just makes it inconsequential. Like seriously, what's the point of giving characters different health values if that's all there is, healing and armor . 100 hp would just make the game a bit more uncompromising, as it should be in my eyes. I really like characters with huge downsides and I think most people would enjoy them too. While not too huge, it would make WX make you think just a little bit more.

Your post is nothing but aggression and furthering my point even more. If I misremembered how much damage terrorbeaks do (because they're so easy to dodge and armor so accessible) and a professional such as yourself has never ever been hit by a surprise depths worm hiding behind a pillar then health is even less important. You're right, those enemies are easy to dodge, just like every enemy. So why are you acting like 100 max health would make the game harder while arguing that 75 max health doesn't?

Edited by Cheggf
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Your post is nothing but aggression and furthering my point even more. If I misremembered how much damage terrorbeaks do (because they're so easy to dodge and armor so accessible) and a professional such as yourself has never ever been hit by a surprise depths worm hiding behind a pillar then health is even less important. You're right, those enemies are easy to dodge, just like every enemy. So why are you acting like 100 max health would make the game harder while arguing that 75 max health doesn't?

Dude, it's just a minor change, and I don't see how I was being aggressive, maybe a little annoyed at most. I'm gonna drop it because I don't wanna start anything aggravating, and yes I have been hit by surprise depth worms. I just think it would be cool to have them have a different health value and have a bit more thinking. I have played the game for a long time and just liked the original don't starve's wx's personal challenges.

9 hours ago, Fill-Lips said:

image.thumb.png.f67b438d0c560c2145bb1f05267b8030.png

YO WHAT, HOTFIX ADDED THE SKIN?!

Man... I was hoping it was the unused "FUTURE" skin. Maybe one day we could get it in a different set. Maybe toy themed?

WX-78_Future.png

Edited by Nickolai
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

• Developer
7 hours ago, dish-order man said:

hey Steven, do you really not consider my suggestion that the stats of WX be Binary number? that will be very funny and always remind players WX is written by Binary code :grin:

that is :

the initial stats of WX should be 128/128/128 on hunger/sanity/health.

the hardy circuit = 64 health.   the super-hardy circuit = 128 health.

the processing circuit = 32 sanity.  the super-processing circuit = 64 sanity

the gastrogain circuit = 32 hunger.  the super-gastrogian circuit = 64 hunger.

This was considered and discussed. We also liked the idea of something like 101/111/110 so it is all binary on the selection screen. In the end it was too much to rebalance and play test with the remaining time in the beta. We did appreciate the suggestion :wilson_nerdy:

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3
  • Sanity 3
  • Big Ups 2
  • Sad Dupe 1

1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:

This was considered and discussed. We also liked the idea of something like 101/111/110 so it is all binary on the selection screen. In the end it was too much to rebalance and play test with the remaining time in the beta. We did appreciate the suggestion :wilson_nerdy:

Ah damn, that sounds so fun thoughhhh. 101 | 111 |  110 stats and a 7th slot? Now I'll forever wish it was implemented. 

...perhaps...

Still 6 days to release...

...just do it?... 

..just maybe

...please..

Edited by SinancoTheBest
  • Like 6