WX Should Have Base 100 Stats

Right now, WX has a base 150 stats in HP, Health, and Sanity (sanity is bugged right now and is giving base 200).

I think it should be base 100 all around.

Base 150 stats is pretty safe for WX, especially since he can relatively easily increase his sanity and health stats in the early game.

Having base 100 stats would make WX a bit more dangerous to play and would also provide some more value to the circuits that increase his base stats.

EDIT: WX's base stats are now 125 HP, 125 Hunger, 150 sanity. I am perfectly satisfied with this.

If the core intent of WX was to upgrade it to be better and better over-time, then it should start out with much lower stats that can be improved later.

Similar to how the Summoner class works in Tainted Grail- You start with like 80 total HP that can be increased over time as you play and unlock more Health scaling spells.

But as I’ve stated time and time again: I also enjoy a decent challenge in my games, so I personally wouldn’t mind something like starting out with a completely reduced health core (like dying a lot of times so it becomes more and more blacked out) and the longer I stay alive.. or boost myself in HP the better My robot can perform.

(hmm no Wonder I like Wendy/Abigail)

To me this would be a fun downside, as it would feel “rewarding” as you climb in performance & power.

that just sounds terrible, nerfing a stat for the sake of it is not the way to go. let be honest who will buff their hp to 600 when having two speed modules equip is better early game start. plus you need to get a nurse spider from a spider queen for hp 2.0, even then with old wx it was easy to rush ruins to get 15 gears to max stats. I don't think he needs lowers stats

3 minutes ago, Flarezen said:

that just sounds terrible, nerfing a stat for the sake of it is not the way to go. let be honest who will buff their hp to 600 when having two speed modules equip is better early game start. plus you need to get a nurse spider from a spider queen for hp 2.0, even then with old wx it was easy to rush ruins to get 15 gears to max stats. I don't think he needs lowers stats

we focus on speed because "wilson stats" are good enough so all the stats modules get ignored

also they dont have any downside. Only wilson had 0 downsides

Yes! While max stats don't usually make too much of a difference in gameplay. I liked starting out as a "weak" character and just upgrading to get stronger, very simple but neat design.

Fun fact about Wx having 150 base stats, it might be a mistake! They had increased the base stats to 150 for a PAX event so new players at the event wouldn't struggle so much with Wx, since their starting hunger would last them less time than other characters. They had never decreased it back after the event though.

In my opinion, if we are going for a nerf to its base stats, we should at least counter that by improving the module slots.

like at spawn, WX spawns with an overall 100 stats and 4 module slots, but overtime can be improved via getting gears & Scrambled wires and using them to craft a module expander be used to increase module slots up to 10.

This way, wx can still be considered a good character but you have to earn all of it to reach that potential.

I honestly miss the little stats, but with the current rework I really don't think with just the 6 slots I'll be ever buffing my stats with their circuits over the others, and in that case that would be sad having a character made of metal being frailer than Wilson ^^

But, if we had a bit more slots, I'd certainly consider installing a few, and yeah then I'd really welcome reducing the stats back to old ones

1 hour ago, Random Guy000 said:

Is it a confirmed bug?

We'll know in whatever hotfix that addresses it, but the compendium is telling me something different than what's happening in-game.

20220416124929_1.thumb.jpg.36209bc8925a6a78c2520817260dff04.jpg

55 minutes ago, Flarezen said:

that just sounds terrible, nerfing a stat for the sake of it is not the way to go. let be honest who will buff their hp to 600 when having two speed modules equip is better early game start.

It's actually for this reason that I italicized in your comment that I made this suggestion! 

I wasn't using the nurse upgrade cause I never got it fast enough, so instead I'd just use hardy circuits with the 2 Acceleration 2.0 Circuits. I'd get to base 250 HP in my stats just cause I had two slots leftover!

So my suggestion wasn't to nerf a stat for the sake of it!

12 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Those upgrades are bad, and even if I had 100 of each stat I wouldn't pick them. 100 hunger means I won't eat meaty stews. 100 health means very little since that's over 75 which is where some things can surprise oneshot you and it has a decent amount of breathing room. 100 sanity would make managing sanity easier in most situations and for the few places it might be an issue I would already have sanity food so there's nearly no difference, I just need to eat the same amount with less time in between eatings.

For those circuits to be good they need to actually do something useful other than raise stats.

26 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Those upgrades are bad, and even if I had 100 of each stat I wouldn't pick them. 100 hunger means I won't eat meaty stews. 100 health means very little since that's over 75 which is where some things can surprise oneshot you and it has a decent amount of breathing room. 100 sanity would make managing sanity easier in most situations and for the few places it might be an issue I would already have sanity food so there's nearly no difference, I just need to eat the same amount with less time in between eatings.

For those circuits to be good they need to actually do something useful other than raise stats.

Ok, then don't pick them, cause I certainly will.

It would still make by point valid of making WX more dangerous to play, particularly since he has other good upgrades and currently has "good enough" Wilson-esque stats.

I'd make for more interesting choices as well, like "do I want moggles + speed while only having base 100HP or do I forgo the moggles and go for HP instead". Stuff like that rather than it's current state.

23 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

Ok, then don't pick them, cause I certainly will.

You mean like many players are currently doing even with 150 stats?

24 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

It would still make by point valid of making WX more dangerous to play, particularly since he has other good upgrades and currently has "good enough" Wilson-esque stats.

I'd make for more interesting choices as well, like "do I want moggles + speed while only having base 100HP or do I forgo the moggles and go for HP instead". Stuff like that rather than it's current state.

Do you want him to have more capacity in exchange for lower stats or not? You seem to keep swapping back and forth on that. If you don't then this makes sense, but you've agreed with multiple people who say it should be in exchange for more capacity while it would only take a single of the extra capacity to go back to normal health, even if you're uncomfortable playing at 100.

Lowering his stats would be interesting if he had more varied circuits based around stats. Currently only health has a 1 slot cost circuit, and all the other stats have more expensive circuits that cost more slots. Players shouldn't have to wait an entire in game year to kill bearger just for the option of a bigger stomach. I would also suggest a circuit or two that buffs all 3 stats at a lesser amount than the circuits dedicated to each stat

41 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Do you want him to have more capacity in exchange for lower stats or not? You seem to keep swapping back and forth on that. If you don't then this makes sense, but you've agreed with multiple people who say it should be in exchange for more capacity while it would only take a single of the extra capacity to go back to normal health, even if you're uncomfortable playing at 100.

I am not at all swapping back and forth.

He should still get an extra slot in some manner to make the higher cost circuit combos.

BUT he should also have lower base stats to make WX more dangerous to play so that there'd be incentive to equipping the base stat circuits.

It's not an either/or situation, it can be both.

Hornete puts it nicely:

3 hours ago, Hornete said:

Yes! While max stats don't usually make too much of a difference in gameplay. I liked starting out as a "weak" character and just upgrading to get stronger, very simple but neat design.

1 minute ago, Seero said:

image.png.220f4e0058ec12c4a30eaade993cfa09.png

He's got a point

Well they still lowered the base stats, so idk what your trying to get at here.

Also, idk of catperson was referencong my thread since I never ised the word motivation, which was another thread, (but if he was, ok).

8 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

Well they still lowered the base stats, so idk what your trying to get at here.

Also, idk of catperson was referencong my thread since I never ised the word motivation, which was another thread, (but if he was, ok).

Oh I just saw it and thought it was a good idea to post in the one of many 100 stat threads

and I disagree with the base stats being lowered (that's what I'm getting at), Inshallah klei will not prevent me from using 3 speed buffs even if they make WX's health 75

On 4/16/2022 at 9:14 AM, Hornete said:

Fun fact about Wx having 150 base stats, it might be a mistake! They had increased the base stats to 150 for a PAX event so new players at the event wouldn't struggle so much with Wx, since their starting hunger would last them less time than other characters. They had never decreased it back after the event though.

On 4/16/2022 at 12:32 PM, lakhnish said:

I am not at all swapping back and forth.

He should still get an extra slot in some manner to make the higher cost circuit combos.

BUT he should also have lower base stats to make WX more dangerous to play so that there'd be incentive to equipping the base stat circuits.

It's not an either/or situation, it can be both.

Hornete puts it nicely:

Wasn't that because it could... Uh upgrade without costing the winter negation, speed , AND light? 

You guys are talking about something that doesn't even exist anymore.

Sigh, really wish Klei actually played its own game. Lowering stats is the most boring gameplay dowside in existence.

7 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Wasn't that because it could... Uh upgrade without costing the winter negation, speed , AND light? 

With the 3 cost illumination, I can do the thermal circuit + the illumination circuit. This is good now as that is something I wanted to do before. 7th circuit is no longer really needed as well.

7 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

You guys are talking about something that doesn't even exist anymore.

Er, you're the one quoting our statements before the stat changes were made and now you're saying we're talking about something that doesn't exist anymore POST the change?

You ok this update?

On 4/16/2022 at 12:06 PM, Flarezen said:

This statement in and of itself is exactly why reduced stats should be more considered.

I'll explain it, speed and or night vision is a no-brainer right now. 99% of players will always use these and and in like 90% of situations this is optimal.

With reduced stats, the other modules can at least be considered, and if they're not tempting enough they can always be buffed.

We are still in a beta.

2 hours ago, lakhnish said:

With the 3 cost illumination, I can do the thermal circuit + the illumination circuit. This is good now as that is something I wanted to do before. 7th circuit is no longer really needed as well.

Er, you're the one quoting our statements before the stat changes were made and now you're saying we're talking about something that doesn't exist anymore POST the change?

You ok this update?

I'm talking about his stats being super low, because they can go super high. I think you know what I meant.

No I'm not ok lol

50 minutes ago, Bones Junior said:

This statement in and of itself is exactly why reduced stats should be more considered.

I'll explain it, speed and or night vision is a no-brainer right now. 99% of players will always use these and and in like 90% of situations this is optimal.

With reduced stats, the other modules can at least be considered, and if they're not tempting enough they can always be buffed.

We are still in a beta.

The amount of people who won't use stat upgrades in favor of the clearly better choices but would suddenly start using them if the stats were lowered a bit is gonna be pretty small. Maybe if he had like 75 max stats they would become an attractive choice, but they'd still be boring and not fun.

On 4/16/2022 at 7:46 PM, lakhnish said:

Having base 100 stats would make WX a bit more dangerous to play and would also provide some more value to the circuits that increase his base stats.

I agree with lower HP and making it more dangerous, but low hunger just makes it annoying and using pins for increasing max hunger is just a waste of pins.

1 hour ago, Bones Junior said:

We are still in a beta.

This a old statement i made, I'm actually liking the new downsides and stat changes

Archived