Should have beefalos had a storage saddle?

There's a lot of going from one location to another and Chester is either unavailable or is not enough to give you the storage you need. There's Walter to tackle the storage issue but you gotta be him if you wanna carry around more items which you can store in Wobby. There's the Bundling wrap print but it's highly unavailable till you kill bee queen or RNGesus will bless you with the print from Klaus. Though the issue for me is why can't beefalos also be trained to carry your supplies? Perhaps even more than Wobby considering their sheer size and strength.

Beefalo training can feel wildly unappealing due to the time consumption and effort into it and their only use is just to get you from point A to point B, or to fight bosses if you want more hp to tank and damage to deal than your character can provide. Third option is sanity but barely anyone cares about the Pudgy variety despite being cute for how useless it is.

There should be the fourth option or like a saddle addon for adding storage carry more stuff when we do long distance travels Only thing to make beefalos actually very much more appealing for everyone's sake of inventory management.

Discuss.

I would love a storage saddle. This has been suggested a lot of times already. I dont think theres much reason to worry about stepping on walter’s toes since a domesticated beefalo requires an investment of ~20 days and woby is free. 

make it similarly expensive as the other two specialty saddles and give it 20% movement speed (half of a normal saddle and 5% less than war saddle) with like 9-12 slots.

24 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

Beefalo training can feel wildly unappealing due to the time consumption and effort into it and their only use is

Its really not that bad. Once u do it a few times and understand the ins and outs it becomes very easy. And the payoff definitely is more than worth the trouble. It may not be for everyone but thats not a bad thing. 

6 minutes ago, xDarkSoul18x said:

Maybe even add an insulated beefy saddle just to give furs more use.

I had an idea to give specifically pudgy tendency insulating properties while riding because its so chubby and fluffy :lol:

There's a mod in the workshop that adds this, but it would be awesome if it was base game. The mod works pretty well too.

EDIT: So i went back and looked at the mod and yeah, it's pretty great and balanced it offers a 9 slot inventory for your Beefy companion. 
If Klei wanted to add it to the game, it could start out as 3 slot, upgraded over time with more materials, next 3 slots requires some rope and pigskin, final 3 slots require steel wool, sewing kit, web, etc. Just something to work towards instead of getting it all at once, sorta like the Crabby Hermits (Pearls.) House. 

I would not refuse such a saddle, and I would also like a saddle for two characters. Very often when traveling with a friend I have to wait for him because I am several times faster than him.
same way. A saddle with protection plates would also be great, which would allow the beefalo to take a lot of damage.

Storage saddle? It's better to revive my cow. It takes 20 days, 160 minutes and nearly three hours to train the cow. I have to repeat this operation just because I'm not careful. It's really annoying. It's suggested to add the ghost of the cow and follow the cow bell for 3 days after death. You can use the regeneration talisman to revive

Storage saddle? It's better to revive my cow. It takes 20 days, 160 minutes and nearly three hours to train the cow. I have to repeat this operation just because I'm not careful. It's really annoying. It's suggested to add the ghost of the cow and follow the cow bell for 3 days after death. You can use the regeneration talisman to reviveStorage saddle? It's better to revive my cow. It takes 20 days, 160 minutes and nearly three hours to train the cow. I have to repeat this operation just because I'm not careful. It's really annoying. It's suggested to add the ghost of the cow and follow the cow bell for 3 days after death. You can use the regeneration talisman to revive

2 hours ago, lv746591263 said:

Storage saddle? It's better to revive my cow. It takes 20 days, 160 minutes and nearly three hours to train the cow. I have to repeat this operation just because I'm not careful

be careful then

with a brush takes like 15 days so i recommend you to craft one. 20 days for infinity speed boost, meat shield and, if ornery or default tendency, damage isnt expensive

there should be a punish, is a videogame

Not only should there be a saddlepack, there should be a massive one like 2x krampus so that you can move mats if needed. One thing that is a pain when moving a base is not the building process of the new one, but moving mats.

I think there should be 2 pack saddles. 1 with regular backpack storage and no speed penatly and one with massive storage like 2 3 krampus sacks but -70% speed or something

Honestly I would love for Klei to revisit beefalo taming and add a bunch of new items related to beefalos. Thanks to the new crafting menu we have a whole tab dedicated to beefalo taming and it would be nice to see some more items in that tab! 

On 4/15/2022 at 8:20 AM, Ohan said:

I would love a storage saddle. This has been suggested a lot of times already. I dont think theres much reason to worry about stepping on walter’s toes since a domesticated beefalo requires an investment of ~20 days and woby is free. 

make it similarly expensive as the other two specialty saddles and give it 20% movement speed (half of a normal saddle and 5% less than war saddle) with like 9-12 slots.

Its really not that bad. Once u do it a few times and understand the ins and outs it becomes very easy. And the payoff definitely is more than worth the trouble. It may not be for everyone but thats not a bad thing. 

I had an idea to give specifically pudgy tendency insulating properties while riding because its so chubby and fluffy :lol:

Maybe not that slow, since it's essentially just another chester, who gives 8 more additional slots (-1 cause of eyebone). Personally i'd like to see an system that gives reduces speed based on how many slots are full. 3 or less slots should be the same speed as a normal saddle, 4-6 could be 5% slower and 7-9 could be from 10% slower. Those might seem low but the war saddle is 15% slower than a regular saddle, and thats because having high speed, high damage with infinite uses, and regenerating armour is too much to have all at once, so speed got the cut. I dont think 9 extra inventory slots (which presumably youd have to dismount your beefalo to access) is on the same level of power as the war saddle would be with high speed.

On 4/15/2022 at 7:13 PM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i have suggested many times a saddle for tilling.

That's a really cool idea as well.

Just to be careful not to make it TOO convenient. Tilling and planting right now is the bottleneck for farming, and disrupting that process too much would make you able to farm entire screens. Right now only Wormwood can reliably do that, and without giant crops as a downside.

I think that as long as it’s balanced, a saddle expansion for Beefalo would be a fun idea, sure it would Under-Mine Woby (Maybe) but doesn’t most characters gimmicks get outclassed by superior items later anyway?

The way I would balance it would be similar to Ark Survival Evolved or Conan Exiles- The more stuff your carrying, the slower your going to move while carrying it.

19 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

sure it would Under-Mine Woby (Maybe)

I don't believe it would.

Cause Woby never shakes off her bag like Beefalos do with saddle (neither it has any durability) and she requires no obidience / taming at all.

Craftable special saddle with a bag for Beefs wouldn't undermine Woby at all in my opinion.

I always thought the pudgy beefalo tendency should have a built in storage system space, because of its "thick fur". Also although I love the pudgy beefalo to bits the benefits it gives for all the effort is just bad. Slowest movement speed of beefs, weakest attack, and tam sanity, but for all the food I wasted on the pudgy beef, I might as well have just spent that getting a tam and cane for the same benefits as the beef.

12 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

I don't believe it would.

Cause Woby never shakes off her bag like Beefalos do with saddle (neither it has any durability) and she requires no obidience / taming at all.

Craftable special saddle with a bag for Beefs wouldn't undermine Woby at all in my opinion.

Woby requires no taming however she has speed decay and is horrible for combat giving beefalo storage basically kills Woby completely her existence becomes meaningless considering even Walter players opt to use a beefalo over her due to them just being overall better than her aside from storage.

25 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Woby requires no taming however she has speed decay and is horrible for combat giving beefalo storage basically kills Woby completely her existence becomes meaningless considering even Walter players opt to use a beefalo over her due to them just being overall better than her aside from storage.

I'm sorry but that's complete utter nonsense.

Because in addition to what i said about her ridable form having no ridiculous maintenance at all except feeding monster meat to activate it (keyword: rideable cause she never was supposed to be a attack mount)

She also retains her storage in her pet form.

Not only that but Woby can be used alongside a Beefalo and Chester and unlike those two she CANNOT BE KILLED.

Seriously what's this talk about Walter players using a beefalo over Woby when you can use both lmao.

So no Woby wouldn't be outclassed if beefs had storage saddle variants. Woby is still superior bonus addition as a mobile storage and pocket mount for Walter that he can use alongside other available methods without any compromises or glaring downsides.

Woby not being able to be killed is a pretty nifty perk both in small & big forms, I can not begin to express as a frequent Wurt player how much anger I get when my Merms punch Chester to death for no reason.

I imagine that if Beefalo could carry storage, that beef dying would scatter my stored loots everywhere like when the Merms punch Chester when I’m Wurt.

It will probably be all like-

7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Woby not being able to be killed is a pretty nifty perk both in small & big forms, I can not begin to express as a frequent Wurt player how much anger I get when my Merms punch Chester to death for no reason.

I imagine that if Beefalo could carry storage, that beef dying would scatter my stored loots everywhere like when the Merms punch Chester when I’m Wurt.

It will probably be all like-

IMG_4794.MOV 42.31 MB · 0 downloads

Oh yea i hate when my Merms abuse Chester :( thankfully this goes away once King is set up.

Tho they sometimes still yell "Destroy you!" at Chester when King is alive but they don't attack him.

Returning to Woby .. she is my favorite thing about Walter she is just so useful. I hate a lot of things about Walter but Woby isn't one of them.

Pack beefs would still not undermine Woby's status as a bonus addition for Walter as a pack mule and pocket mount all in one that never dies or ever leaves your side no matter what. 

Archived