Should have beefalos had a storage saddle?

I mean at that point it's just more space for the sake of more space what even would Walter put in all that Woby is slowly falling by the wayside in my opinion  and this would be the final nail.

24 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

I'm sorry but that's complete utter nonsense.

Because in addition to what i said about her ridable form having no ridiculous maintenance at all except feeding monster meat to activate it (keyword: rideable cause she never was supposed to be a attack mount)

She also retains her storage in her pet form.

Not only that but Woby can be used alongside a Beefalo and Chester and unlike those two she CANNOT BE KILLED.

Seriously what's this talk about Walter players using a beefalo over Woby when you can use both lmao.

So no Woby wouldn't be outclassed if beefs had storage saddle variants. Woby is still superior bonus addition as a mobile storage and pocket mount for Walter that he can use alongside other available methods without any compromises or glaring downsides.

Grass and or twigs is not hard to maintain. Why would you ride woby when you can ride a beef who protects your hp and is a weapon?

3 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I mean at that point it's just more space for the sake of more space what even would Walter put in all that Woby is slowly falling by the wayside in my opinion  and this would be the final nail.

Grass and or twigs is not hard to maintain. Why would you ride woby when you can ride a beef who protects your hp and is a weapon?

I strongly feel like that is a problem with Woby.. and not a problem with Beefalo or them being able to have storage saddles.

Heres an idea to make Woby better- Anyone can Access, Feed or Ride Woby, However once Unmounted for an extended period of time- Woby will path her way back to Walters side WITH any loot that was stored inside her, this allows players to go gather supplies and tell Woby to go home sending those Supplies on Woby back to Walter. #TeamWork.

I just made Woby useful and relevant again with a simple little change.

In addition: Since other players can now Burrow Woby, Walter being able to have A Beefalo+Woby now makes a lot more synergy sense.

Because in its current form: I think Woby should get jealous when Walter chooses to ride the Beefalo over bonding with her.

However if Woby could be turned into sort of like a Rescue/Retriever dog.. that would be cool. 

Perhaps even allowing Walters to put medical supplies in Woby and when a player gets killed/injured Walter can command Woby to go to that players Aid.

Again- It’s a problem with WOBY and not Beefalo..

I would love to see Woby feel more like a rescue/retriever dog then a pocket Beefalo with storage.

32 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Why would you ride woby when you can ride a beef who protects your hp and is a weapon?

Because Woby cannot die, doesn't require taming/obidience - doesn't force me to constantly gather/carry tons of grass and twigs (or other crap) when i otherwise don't need them at the moment and doesn't require constant feeding to prevent her from throwing away my stuff on the ground and breaking my saddle's durability like a pack Beef would with low obidience.

32 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Grass and or twigs is not hard to maintain.

Multiplayer servers say hi.

21 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Heres an idea to make Woby better- Anyone can Access, Feed or Ride Woby

Oh god no imagine someone stealing stuff from your Woby .. or worse stealing your Woby for a ride and leaving you behind lmao xD

24 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Because Woby cannot die, doesn't require taming/obidience - doesn't force me to constantly gather/carry tons of grass and twigs (or other crap) when i otherwise don't need them at the moment and doesn't require constant feeding to prevent her from throwing away my stuff on the ground and breaking my saddle's durability like a pack Beef would with low obidience

She just requires extra monster meat to keep top speed, runs if something threatening is nearby/if you use the attack key, bucks you leading to mass sanity drops or possibly death if you get even the slightest tap, etc.

A beefalo your riding doesn't require constant feeding, and keeping your saddle safe pretty much comes down to proper management.

29 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Multiplayer servers say hi.

Hi I also play multiplayer do you have time to hear about our lord and savior the grassland? All jokes aside grass and twigs grow all over the surface, in some places in the caves and even the lunar island but the beefalo investment of grass and twigs isn't as extreme as your making it sound.

38 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I strongly feel like that is a problem with Woby.. and not a problem with Beefalo or them being able to have storage saddles.

Heres an idea to make Woby better- Anyone can Access, Feed or Ride Woby, However once Unmounted for an extended period of time- Woby will path her way back to Walters side WITH any loot that was stored inside her, this allows players to go gather supplies and tell Woby to go home sending those Supplies on Woby back to Walter. #TeamWork.

This has so much potential to screw Walter over I almost declare it anti synergy...

Personally I feel like a better idea would be to just make Woby upgradable/customizable.

1 hour ago, Mysterious box said:

She just requires extra monster meat to keep top speed, runs if something threatening is nearby/if you use the attack key, bucks you leading to mass sanity drops or possibly death if you get even the slightest tap, etc.

Sounds like a improper use of Woby to me. She is not an attack mount she is a riding / pack mount. If you really want to attack when on Woby you can use slingshot and she won't buck you off. (But why would you? That leads to other problems Walter's slingshot sucks and this is problem exclusivley with Walter and his tool not Woby she is fine as she is as a pack mule / pocket mount)

And you are getting off track none of things you said make claims that pack saddle for beefalos would "kill Woby"

It's still nonsense she still would be useful for Walter alone especially early as immortal no maitenance pack mule that can turn instantly into a mount if fed monster food. And again she doesn't require decimating entire Grassland biomes just to keep you and your stuff safe.

So lets recap:

Woby:

+Immortal

+Can be turned into a mount at any time for 2.5 days when fed some mmeats

+No excessive mood/hunger micromanaging

+Can carry items

+Available from the start

+Doesn't aggro nearby mobs

+Can be used alongside a Beefalo as a pack mule

-Cannot participate in melee combat

-Slower than Beef when hungry

Beefalo:

+Combat ready (effectivness depending on a trait / saddle you picked)

+Decently fast (effectivness depending on a trait / saddle you picked)

+Can carry some items (Only when choosing a pack saddle. Downside of a pack saddle like lower speed is up to debate.)

-Tediously long and engaging process of taming

-Requires additional tools to be crafted to make taming/maintaining less tedious (the saddle itself , beefalo bell , salt lick , brush , saddlehorn)

-Excessive hunger/mood micromanaging required.

-Aggros mobs and can turn on you easily if you aren't careful.

-Can easily die undoing all your work and scattering all your stored items around.

I fail to see how Woby would be "killed/useless" as a effortless readily availalbe pack mule and mount if Beefalos had craftable "pack saddles"

1 hour ago, Mysterious box said:

She just requires extra monster meat to keep top speed

2 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

she has speed decay

Fun fact Woby's default speeds are: 10 when fed , 9 when peckish , 8 when very hungry.

Beefalo default speeds are: 8 Rider, 7 Ornery/Default , 6.5 Pudgy

So even when boosted with Glossamer saddle you can easily do the math that Woby's speed loss is very negligible and not as big as you make it sound. (So additional feeding can be completely ignored unless you want to extend the riding time past the default 2.5 days)

51 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Sounds like a improper use of Woby to me. She is not an attack mount she is a riding / pack mount. If you really want to attack when on Woby you can use slingshot and she won't buck you off. (But why would you? That leads to other problems Walter's slingshot sucks and this is problem exclusivley with Walter and his tool not Woby she is fine as she is as a pack mule / pocket mount)

And you are getting off track none of things you said make claims that pack saddle for beefalos would "kill Woby"

It's still nonsense she still would be useful for Walter alone especially early as immortal no maitenance pack mule that can turn instantly into a mount if fed monster food. And again she doesn't require decimating entire Grassland biomes just to keep you and your stuff safe.

So lets recap:

Woby:

+Immortal

+Can be turned into a mount at any time for 2.5 days when fed some mmeats

+No excessive mood/hunger micromanaging

+Can carry items

+Available from the start

+Doesn't aggro nearby mobs

+Can be used alongside a Beefalo as a pack mule

-Cannot participate in melee combat

-Slower than Beef when hungry

Beefalo:

+Combat ready (effectivness depending on a trait / saddle you picked)

+Decently fast (effectivness depending on a trait / saddle you picked)

+Can carry some items (Only when choosing a pack saddle. Downside of a pack saddle like lower speed is up to debate.)

-Tediously long and engaging process of taming

-Requires additional tools to be crafted to  bell , salt lick , brush , saddlehorn)

-Excessive hunger/mood micromanaging required.

-Aggros mobs and can turn on you easily if you aren't careful.

-Can easily die undoing all your work and scattering all your stored items around.

I fail to see how Woby would be "killed/useless" as a effortless readily availalbe pack mule and mount if Beefalos had craftable "pack saddles"

Fun fact Woby's default speeds are: 10 when fed , 9 when peckish , 8 when very hungry.

Beefalo default speeds are: 8 Rider, 7 Ornery/Default , 6.5 Pudgy

So even when boosted with Glossamer saddle you can easily do the math that Woby's speed loss is very negligible and not as big as you make it sound. (So additional feeding can be completely ignored unless you want to extend the riding time past the default 2.5 days)

If beefalo required as much food as your making it sound like noone would use a beefalo I'm not sure if your shoving a full stack down it's throat or something before you ride it but it's really not that serious. Techinally all you need to tame a beefalo is to keep riding it sure in the early days it'll buck you often but the riding time builds up.

A beefalo is high mobility, a 2nd health bar, a weapon, and if this gets added storage.

Woby is high mobility and storage.

Are there downsides to a beefalo sure are there are on both sides but I'm sitting here wondering what's even the point of this being a character perk at that point.

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Anyone can Access, Feed or Ride Woby

It bothers me when someone opens Woby's storage without asking. This would drive me crazy.

But I do like the rescue dog Woby idea. Walter could send Woby with a Telltale Heart to a player that died, revive him/her and then go back to Walter.

If beefalo required as much food as your making it sound like noone would use a beefalo I'm not sure if your shoving a full stack down it's throat or something before you ride it but it's really not that serious. Techinally all you need to tame a beefalo is to keep riding it sure in the early days it'll buck you often but the riding time builds up.

I'm not sure what you are even talking about at this point.

First of all no it's not just riding unless you want a Rider beefalo. Their attack damage is garbage so if you are playing as Walter and you are taming a Rider beefalo ... you are playing Walter wrong .. very wrong. Use Woby instead for riding.

Naturally as Walter you would go for Ornery one which requires hefty amount of combat for the trait to kick in. Not just riding.

Secondly:

Taming =/= Obidience

Obidience is separate value and needs constant food or brushing (locked behind Ewecus and Mctusk and like all tools looses durability).

Low obidience = no riding , bucks off and damages saddle.

Obidience decays fast and threshold for it depends on the trait. (And Ornery has the most punishing Obidience threshold of them all)

Riding doesn't stop the Obidience drain. Beefalo getting hit drains obidience aswell.

(I also have quite few pet peeves about how extremely unintuitive all of this is to manage ingame unless you are using stat display mods or studied a guide of somehone who perfected beefalo taming/obidience efficiency but that's however not really relevant to the topic at hand)

I'm sitting here wondering what's even the point of this being a character perk at that point.

That's basically Walter's character in a nutshell. Unpopular opinion he actually needs a rework or soft rework / QOL refresh.

However. Woby is fine for what she is a bonus free immortal mobile storage + insta-mount that you get to use very early or if you don't want to put up with long and tedious process of beefalo taming if you only want to use them for riding/carrying. (She could be reworked to be something more but that's a different topic)

Pack saddles for Beefalo wouldn't change anything at all for Woby. Since like i said you can have both Beef and Woby and non Walters don't have Woby. So they need to dedicate their time and resources taming a Beefalo and crafting the pack saddle.

Beef + war saddle for combat and Woby to carry stuff or riding if you don't need your Beefalo atm. (And yes there are situations where you don't need your beefalo and its moods or botomless stomach. Like i said beef can die , aggro enemies , obidience needs to be maintained with food or brush to not get your saddle bucked off)

*Or both Beef + pack saddle + Woby for even more storage space if you are a hoarder / collecting a lot of resources in one go.

If despite all that you still don't understand why pack saddles wouldn't really "kill" Woby then i give up trying to explain it to you.

Archived