Share yours! Here are mine:

>Killing Glommer every full moon for a chance at a Krampus Sack, even when I have more than enough for the entire server
>Grounding Chester on remote and really hard to access places on the map, like Lunar Island, Pearl's Island, or random spare boats made for Malbatross's and Crab King's boss fights, just because I like to make him suffer
>Killing Catcoons on sight so they don't steal my stuff, and also to proudly wear their skins on my head for my Canadian cosplay
>Killing Pigmen on sight, destroying their homes, and then enslaving the rest of their population for eternal servitude as an infinite source of meat and leather
>Creating spider concentration camps with Bunnymen guards to kill them as soon as they're born, for their silk, their glands, and their (eventually) rotten meat
>Mass slaughter of canaries and crows on Lunar Island for farming Krampus Sacks, as well as morsels and feathers
>Child abuse (killing Moslings after beating their mothers to death with a thunder stick)
>Leaving younger Beefalos orfaned after killing their parents in front of their eyes for meat and fur
>Destroying many natural habitats for resources and easier navigation, driving some species to near extinction (Hound Mounds, Catcoon Dens, Spider Dens, Tallbird Nests, etc)
>Disturbing otherwise harmless territorial creatures, such as the Dragonfly, Bee Queen and Ancient Guardian
>Molestation (force feeding people weird foods, throwing water balloons at them, etc)
>Armed robbery (stealing food from the fridge/the crockpot)
>Grand Larceny (stealing from Klaus's Sack)
>Desecration of corpses (hammering skeletons, reviving the Fuelweaver just to kill him again and use his lifeless dead body as an easy way to farm logs)
>Attempted suicides (to haunt things such as Spider Dens as a ghost)
>Attempted apocalypses (numerous accounts of summoning greater beings that could end the world)
>Enslaving other players to help me megabase, just to stop caring about the game halfway through the project

3 hours ago, -Penta- said:

Share yours! Here are mine:

>Killing Glommer every full moon for a chance at a Krampus Sack, even when I have more than enough for the entire server

Glommer Buddy :wilson_cry:

As for a sin of mine, I always dig up 4 rabbit holes to make the prestihatitator

4 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

As for a sin of mine, I always dig up 4 rabbit holes to make the prestihatitator

in DST rabbit holes are part of world regeneration. I think they come back in summer.

• Intentionally placing misleading Flares to keep the location of base hidden.
  • While a newbie is following me, I take them to a dangerous path hoping they die so I can move on.
  • Destroying Pig Houses and Spider Nests for material, without considering anything.
  • Muting people when they are chatting with me, but they don't know it.
  • I burn any tree, forest or not for light, instead of keeping my Torch burning.

Stuff i consider sinful and never do: 

Killing mandrakes 

Chopping down naturally spawned totally normal trees

Digging up more than 5 stone fruit bushes and in general disturbing the lunar island ecosystem too much:  mining boulders especially the moon glass boulders,  chopping the driftwood trees, hammering the big fish skeletons, picking up too many stranded kelp etc. Stinky CC inevitable wreaks some havoc though sadly 

basically i avoid doing anything that makes the world ugly and destroys too many unique irreplaceable entities.

18 minutes ago, Chesmu said:
  • Intentionally placing misleading Flares to keep the location of base hidden.
  • While a newbie is following me, I take them to a dangerous path hoping they die so I can move on.
  • Destroying Pig Houses and Spider Nests for material, without considering anything.
  • Muting people when they are chatting with me, but they don't know it.
  • I burn any tree, forest or not for light, instead of keeping my Torch burning.

Those are the most based sins I've ever seen. Unironically.

12 minutes ago, Ohan said:

hammering the big fish skeletons, picking up too many stranded kelp etc 

basically anything that makes the world ugly and destroys too many unique irreplaceable entities.

Thanks, you just gave me an idea for this.. I’ll post in another thread so it’s not off-topic here.

As far as Sins I do? I play WENDY.. I carry around at all times a portable poltergeist mob blender.. enough said.

...wow, y'all are making me realise just HOW much of a hippy I am when playing this game (I already knew I was that way _somewhat_, but...)  Some of these I would consider beyond "sins" (and that's a hard thing to define here--"sin" usually means like, something a DEITY wouldn't like.) and into straight-up jerkery.  The first post here alone is just AWFUL.  First we get to the immediately killing kitties (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :( )and then from there to "child abuse" and _deliberately summoning potentially world-ending entities_ (do not, repeat, do NOT freaking do that on ANY SERVER THAT ISN'T JUST YOURS!) to deliberately tricking noobs "in the HOPES that they'll die" and picking all the flowers not out of noobish desperation to get your sanity up, but SO other players can't have any.

Wow.  

Me, the worst I do is maybe pick a few too many flowers, or accidentally dig up a rabbit hole sometimes.  I've used cheats to summon things, but only like...building materials.  (And no, I don't mean like "Well, the Bearger KINDA counts as building material, because he knocks down trees..." I mean like, just summon some logs.)  

I guess I do go around hammering down statues and stealing flooring from setpieces. Oh, and as Willow I CAN occasionally do this:

Spoiler

howtofindakittyquickly.thumb.png.d6207ce855e0273f33656290238e86ac.png

but that was my own private server.

I dunno, just...I guess I'm okay with the ones that are just "sins" against the GAME, but when it comes to being awful to other actual _people_ (if they haven't done anything bad to you first) it gets icky.

Some of you are flat out bullies and griefers.  Although no, those are NOT the worst "sins" I've heard about in this game, not even the worst I've heard about _on this forum_.

Thank goodness for rollbacks.

...Notorious

Tame a beefalo, then use it to kill every other beefalos in the world.

Constantly duplicate moleworms via bundling wrap so that I can destroy Slasher 342 with an army of moleworms.

Build 100 rabbit hutches around Bee Queen to assert dominance.

We need something more. What point is there with knowing how much sins you've committed if you don't know how many sins there are to commit? 

We need a list! A list of every theoretical sin you can commit in DST.

I know. What I'm asking for is no simple task. But imagine the things I- no, WE can do with this information!

Solve world hunger.

Find the cure for all cancers.

Eradicate poverty.

DST 2. No even better. DST 3.

All we need is a list of every theoretical sin possible. 

I eat raw butter when it drops from butterfly slaughter. As Wormwood. And as Warly in the form of meaty stew/meatballs filler.

Spoiler

By the time I theoretically could benefit from fresh fruit crepes it would no longer make a difference, and I would loose more due to -1 inventory slot available.

I once cooked meaty stew and meatballs from big meat and electric milk (3 meat + 1 milk and 1 meat + 3 milk respectively).

Spoiler

In my defence, I played as Warly, and me and my Wendy friend came from the ruins hungry, there was no food at base and in the area in general; but oasis desert was relatively close, there was rain coat, morning star at base, and I had about 1/3 of a day do decide what to do. Since I came to the surface a bit earlier than my friend, I decided to save us from starvation death via killing charged goats, and only then realized that I could cook multiple meaty stew for both of us and leave spare meat and milk raw for a friend. I just cooked it into crock pot dish because of the perfect ratio of non-crock pot food items and because I played Warly too much during that period of time to consider raw food edible.

13 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I use chester as bait when killing Mctusk.

I use hutch as bait to kill tentapillars. 

Is this sin though? I don't consider it be.

Also I use hutch to bait one or both bishops in the double bishop rooms/near completed station/near broken station, which saves me a lot of armor since I can fight clockworks one by one. Also that way I can safely not bring any armor to the ruins and get thulecite suit for clearing them properly as my first and only armor, and not waste thulecite on upgrading unguarded station to do so.

Eating fish in front of Wurt.

Eating vegetables in front of Wigfrid.

Killing spider as Webber.

Punching Abigail as Wendy.

Drop Lucy the Axe into the Ocean.

Sleeping as Wanda.

Playing one-man band as Wickerbottom.

Using melee as Walter.

Not troll people as Wortox.

No beard Wilson.

Griefing as Willow.

Being Whippy as Wolfgang.

Not ruin rushed as WX-78.

Be a melee as Maxwell.

Not using ballomacy as Wes.

Not using seasoning as Warly.

Hurting nature in front of Wormwood.

24 minutes ago, Pig Princess said:

Is this sin though? I don't consider it be.

Also I use hutch to bait one or both bishops in the double bishop rooms/near completed station/near broken station, which saves me a lot of armor since I can fight clockworks one by one. Also that way I can safely not bring any armor to the ruins and get thulecite suit for clearing them properly as my first and only armor, and not waste thulecite on upgrading unguarded station to do so.

Well, you're abusing a smaller, less sentient creature and using it's body as a aggro bait. The creature winces and recoils to pain so it definitely feels every ounce of damage inflicted on its tiny body.

Thought it's unknown if they are truly loyal to us or just following they're designated follower item. That doesn't really justify exploiting them for our benefit. 

Imagine cops using babies, harnessed to their chest as bullet proof vests. Even if the babies have very high regenerative capabilities and using them helps save money on actual bulletproof vests, it's not very ethical.

Archived