I think the new crafting menu is fine

13 minutes ago, Chea-k-hole said:

wtf u mean false rumors the game doesn't ******* work right for controller on pc dude its broken dude the new controls are horrible also im not on ps4 maybe you should read and actually comprehend what your reading before you comment a rude ass entitled reply next time. Also i dont care about the options of a sheep so go baaa elsewhere.  Im just stating facts here as i see them nothing more.

i spent money on this game due to the fact that it was a game i could play.  Now after i payed them they bait and switched me so i cant play the thing i payed for. i want my money back period.  No court in the usa wouldn't rule in my favor on such a issue. You saying anything else is just asinine and just supporting klei stealing from its customers because your a tool. I doubt i would ever even go to court if i filed the lawsuit klei wouldn't want press like that they would most likely settle outside of court. You call me whatever the **** you want but as it stands right now with the current state of the game im seriously considering suing because ive been wronged out of the things i spent real money on. I will start by contacting steam and asking for refunds and a statement of all my transactions with klei then ill go to a lawer from there. steam will most likely  refund some of it back to a certain point in time. i dont know the exacts of how steams timelines and refunds go but im sure theres a point where steam will tell me some of the transactions are too old. so those to old transactions i will have to speak to a lawyer about to see if im within my rights to sue or not. i think i might be but im not a lawyer. if anyone knows anything factual about this sort of stuff id love to hear it. 

Also grand larceny is different from state to state but heres a example of where i live "larceny becomes grand larceny when the item or items stolen is valued at $300 and higher............. so yeah this would be considered grand larceny there guy i dont live in china the fact is i spent money on something i cant use due to fault that is not of my own so yeah it sounds like a slam dunk if i would take it to court aka i would win at bare minimum a full refund. 

Brother I don’t know how many video games you’ve played in maybe the past 5 years or so but the gaming industry has vastly changed: Games can now be altered and modified at the developers sole discretion without your consent- They can add, remove, or modify whatever they like about their games- because UNLIKE when I bought a game on PlayStation One, Nintendo SNES, Sega Genesis, N64- Video games in THIS GENERATION get bug fixes, they get gameplay tweaks, they have content added/removed/modified.

You feel you have a lawsuit, and as someone who’s father spent years as a paralegal- I’m pretty sure that TOS and EULA prove you don’t.

Your not happy with the New UI? Suggest ways it can be improved, but acting like an entitled Ahole about it is a one way ticket to getting banned from the forums and having your rights to use Klei’s products Terminated.

Please be polite & respectful, and maybe you’ll see results. 

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

Brother I don’t know how many video games you’ve played in maybe the past 5 years or so but the gaming industry has vastly changed: Games can now be altered and modified at the developers sole discretion without your consent- They can add, remove, or modify whatever they like about their games- because UNLIKE when I bought a game on PlayStation One, Nintendo SNES, Sega Genesis, N64- Video games in THIS GENERATION get bug fixes, they get gameplay tweaks, they have content added/removed/modified.

You feel you have a lawsuit, and as someone who’s father spent years as a paralegal- I’m pretty sure that TOS and EULA prove you don’t.

Your not happy with the New UI? Suggest ways it can be improved, but acting like an entitled Ahole about it is a one way ticket to getting banned from the forums and having your rights to use Klei’s products Terminated.

Please be polite & respectful, and maybe you’ll see results. 

the problem with that is that many people have already tried this route with klei and said things to klei about problems with there various games  and  klei will say yeah yeah ill look into it and then do nothing...... they have a long history of ignoring things till they go away instead of actually doing anything to address the issues......... then  to top it off when they do things its all there dev teams ideas like what have they actually done that the community wanted or asked for? yet they boast that the game is hugely community inspired and we help them mold the game with our feedback yada yada ect its ******** tho the actual devs dont even give you real answers in the forums just regurgitated comments they have said 100 times already like they want to create the illusion they care about you as a community but they dont dude so dont hold your breath that your suggestions wont fall upon deft ears 

also thats cute your dads a lawyer but i know that most lawyers suck ( not saying you dad sucks at his job i don't know you or him )the real truth of the matter is its a time to money thing for the good lawyers i mean there's soo much case law if you had a indefinite amount of time its impossible to lose any case in America just using the case law alone most lawyers know and use the actual law and try to defend off of that and there just bad lawyers that lose alot so yeah there's so many angles like what if someone proved that this  TOS and EULA you speak of is unconstitutional then that would null and void that defense right away i mean there's just so many ways to engage as a lawyer in a courtroom that at this time in America its impossible to lose with enough time to prepare i mean laws that haven't been over turned from year 1800 that are most likely irrelevant to this day and age are still valid to be used in court even if there ridiculous its still valid law so im not so sure id lose its more of a what do i have to do to actually win and then develop a good offence to disengage every single one of there defenses so all is left on the table is my discrepancy and thats a win but yeah i doubt it would ever come to that as a giant company like klei would without a doubt cut the check before wasteing tthere time and resources on a case that would have such a small payout they would just shovel the money out to be done with it get a non disclosure to avoid the bad press and call it that theres no way in hell if i actually did sue klei they would actually want to take it all the way to court 

22 hours ago, Chea-k-hole said:

the problem with that is that many people have already tried this route with klei and said things to klei about problems with there various games  and  klei will say yeah yeah ill look into it and then do nothing...... they have a long history of ignoring things till they go away instead of actually doing anything to address the issues......... then  to top it off when they do things its all there dev teams ideas like what have they actually done that the community wanted or asked for? yet they boast that the game is hugely community inspired and we help them mold the game with our feedback yada yada ect its ******** tho the actual devs dont even give you real answers in the forums just regurgitated comments they have said 100 times already like they want to create the illusion they care about you as a community but they dont dude so dont hold your breath that your suggestions wont fall upon deft ears 

also thats cute your dads a lawyer but i know that most lawyers suck ( not saying you dad sucks at his job i don't know you or him )the real truth of the matter is its a time to money thing for the good lawyers i mean there's soo much case law if you had a indefinite amount of time its impossible to lose any case in America just using the case law alone most lawyers know and use the actual law and try to defend off of that and there just bad lawyers that lose alot so yeah there's so many angles like what if someone proved that this  TOS and EULA you speak of is unconstitutional then that would null and void that defense right away i mean there's just so many ways to engage as a lawyer in a courtroom that at this time in America its impossible to lose with enough time to prepare i mean laws that haven't been over turned from year 1800 that are most likely irrelevant to this day and age are still valid to be used in court even if there ridiculous its still valid law so im not so sure id lose its more of a what do i have to do to actually win and then develop a good offence to disengage every single one of there defenses so all is left on the table is my discrepancy and thats a win but yeah i doubt it would ever come to that as a giant company like klei would without a doubt cut the check before wasteing tthere time and resources on a case that would have such a small payout they would just shovel the money out to be done with it get a non disclosure to avoid the bad press and call it that theres no way in hell if i actually did sue klei they would actually want to take it all the way to court 

Your case would be: "the developers in a game they own won't alter said game to suit my tastes".

That case would be thrown out faster than you can say "what the dog doin'".

Also I don't know if you realize but you're making yourself look really bad by saying that you'd file a "sure thing" lawsuit because in every made up scenario you've come up with you'd "win" purely for sake of being vindictive and to fill your pockets. Oof, if thats not the most American thing I've heard all day (coming from an American btw). 

And Klei is the bad guy here? 

Also the most recent changes have been due to player feedback, have you taken a chance to look at some of the dev logs? Heck, just a few minutes ago they made some improvement to the UI to help with clutter. Had they not cared for the UI being as efficient as possible for the enjoyment of the player, they would have just given us what they thought was functional enough and moved on. 

Anyway.

I like the new ui, I think it's more user friendly than before. Love that recipies can be favorited and pinned to a hotbar, very nice addition. Literally the only criticism I can think of is there not being presets for pinned recipies (which I think is being looked into) and the menu resetting to a previous state when going near a prototyper (which is a similar issue to several iterations of the older ui, but im sure it can be ironed out.)

Spoiler

Also please stay calm everybody's jobs are already hard enough as is, at least be polite if you discuss things.

4 hours ago, Chea-k-hole said:

wtf u mean false rumors the game doesn't ******* work right for controller on pc dude its broken dude the new controls are horrible also im not on ps4 maybe you should read and actually comprehend what your reading before you comment a rude ass entitled reply next time. Also i dont care about the options of a sheep so go baaa elsewhere.  Im just stating facts here as i see them nothing more.

i spent money on this game due to the fact that it was a game i could play.  Now after i payed them they bait and switched me so i cant play the thing i payed for. i want my money back period.  No court in the usa wouldn't rule in my favor on such a issue. You saying anything else is just asinine and just supporting klei stealing from its customers because your a tool. I doubt i would ever even go to court if i filed the lawsuit klei wouldn't want press like that they would most likely settle outside of court. You call me whatever the **** you want but as it stands right now with the current state of the game im seriously considering suing because ive been wronged out of the things i spent real money on. I will start by contacting steam and asking for refunds and a statement of all my transactions with klei then ill go to a lawer from there. steam will most likely  refund some of it back to a certain point in time. i dont know the exacts of how steams timelines and refunds go but im sure theres a point where steam will tell me some of the transactions are too old. so those to old transactions i will have to speak to a lawyer about to see if im within my rights to sue or not. i think i might be but im not a lawyer. if anyone knows anything factual about this sort of stuff id love to hear it. 

Also grand larceny is different from state to state but heres a example of where i live "larceny becomes grand larceny when the item or items stolen is valued at $300 and higher............. so yeah this would be considered grand larceny there guy i dont live in china the fact is i spent money on something i cant use due to fault that is not of my own so yeah it sounds like a slam dunk if i would take it to court aka i would win at bare minimum a full refund. 

I do not know what kind of controller you are using for the PC, but I can't imagine that it would be a far leap from a console controller. If I somehow miscomprehended that, I apologize. I also do not think that you are stating facts, but that is my opinion.

Since you're so sue happy, lets both play at this game. You called me a sheep? That's libel. Do you know that I'm a sheep? My character has been defamed. I'm going to sue you! I'm not... but that's how you sound. 

To clarify your bait and switch claim, and your claim that a court would rule against you... They did not bait and switch you. Can you clarify which product was offered to you at a low price that they did not intend to sell and then substituted for a product that was more expensive? As far as the court goes... I can say you're wrong about that claim. I highly doubt ANY court in the USA would rule in your favor. You could try and bring suit, for what I am not sure, but I think it would be a baseless claim. If and IF you find an attorney, which I doubt you will, their fees would eat up any sort of damages you might claim... Unless you're in small claims court. Regardless, this entire thing would be thrown out in summary judgement before you even land in a court room. 

And the grand larceny claim.. Wow! That is a very bold declaration. Have you ever studied law or are you just making things up as you go along? 

Bottom line. You paid for a product, which I assume that you are referring to skins (you don't make it clear if you are referring to skins or the cost of the game) and that Klei has removed them from your possession. They did not. You claim they were stolen because you can't play a video game right. Plenty of stupid suits like this have been thrown out and if you want to go really serious on this, many states have statues for stupid cases like this that will put YOU on the hook for the opposing party's attorneys fees. 

1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

Your case would be: "the developers in a game they own won't alter said game to suit my tastes".

That case would be thrown out faster than you can say "what the dog doin'".

Also I don't know if you realize but your making yourself look really bad by saying that you'd file a "sure thing" lawsuit because in every made up scenario you've come up with you'd "win" purely for sake of being vindictive and fill your pockets. Oof, if thats not the most American thing I've heard all day (coming from an American btw). 

And Klei is the bad guy here? 

Also the most recent changes have been due to player feedback, have you taken a chance to look at some of the dev logs? Heck, just a few minutes ago they made some improvement to the UI to help with clutter. Had they not cared for the UI being as efficient as possible for the enjoyment of the player, they would have just given us what they thought was functional enough and moved on. 

right thats why shipwrecked still doesn't have controller support 3 years later on ios they dont care about the community period and i at this point have already uninstalled the game i wont be reinstalling so yeah can you give me a specific player feedback that was actually used by the dev team dont give me some crap that you regurgitate that some dev wrote in a update i want to know who was the player where did they give this feed back like show me some sort of evidence of a player saying something and then klei actually responding and doing something show me this to support your claim i mean can you or anyone even provide me with any evidence of that actually happening other than some hear say from klei devs after they push a update they think is risky because they know the community didn't ask for it ?

2 hours ago, JoeW said:

Please keep posts polite and on-topic. Thank you. 

Oh my bad boss. I saw this after I posted my reply.

I like the new UI, and am excited to adjust to the changes so that I can become a better player.

3 minutes ago, Fatkitty said:

I do not know what kind of controller you are using for the PC, but I can't imagine that it would be a far leap from a console controller. If I somehow miscomprehended that, I apologize. I also do not think that you are stating facts, but that is my opinion.

Since you're so sue happy, lets both play at this game. You called me a sheep? That's libel. Do you know that I'm a sheep? My character has been defamed. I'm going to sue you! I'm not... but that's how you sound. 

To clarify your bait and switch claim, and your claim that a court would rule against you... They did not bait and switch you. Can you clarify which product was offered to you at a low price that they did not intend to sell and then substituted for a product that was more expensive? As far as the court goes... I can say you're wrong about that claim. I highly doubt ANY court in the USA would rule in your favor. You could try and bring suit, for what I am not sure, but I think it would be a baseless claim. If and IF you find an attorney, which I doubt you will, their fees would eat up any sort of damages you might claim... Unless you're in small claims court. Regardless, this entire thing would be thrown out in summary judgement before you even land in a court room. 

And the grand larceny claim.. Wow! That is a very bold declaration. Have you ever studied law or are you just making things up as you go along? 

Bottom line. You paid for a product, which I assume that you are referring to skins (you don't make it clear if you are referring to skins or the cost of the game) and that Klei has removed them from your possession. They did not. You claim they were stolen because you can't play a video game right. Plenty of stupid suits like this have been thrown out and if you want to go really serious on this, many states have statues for stupid cases like this that will put YOU on the hook for the opposing party's attorneys fees. 

i use a ps4 controller if you must know and can you provide me a specific case where this has happened or are you just talking to talk?

1 minute ago, Chea-k-hole said:

i use a ps4 controller if you must know and can you provide me a specific case where this has happened or are you just talking to talk?

I told you that I used a PS4 controller and you called me a sheep. We are using the exact same controller so what am I missing? 

Specific case where what happened? Summary judgement? Attorneys fees awarded for frivolous lawsuits? 

3 minutes ago, LinknAllie said:

That's a nice argument.  Unfortunately I disagree.

1 minute ago, Fatkitty said:

I told you that I used a PS4 controller and you called me a sheep. We are using the exact same controller so what am I missing? 

Specific case where what happened? Summary judgement? Attorneys fees awarded for frivolous lawsuits? 

you said your playing on console im not 

Yeah I get that, but is it that different? The mechanism for controlling the game is still the same, is it not? I understand that the PS4 has different in game settings which highlight the necessary buttons to push on the PS4 controller to perform actions, whereas the PC would not. I have DST and Shipwrecked on PC and DST on the PS4 so I am familiar with how they work on PC.

23 minutes ago, Chea-k-hole said:

right thats why shipwrecked still doesn't have controller support 3 years later on ios they dont care about the community period and i at this point have already uninstalled the game i wont be reinstalling so yeah can you give me a specific player feedback that was actually used by the dev team dont give me some crap that you regurgitate that some dev wrote in a update i want to know who was the player where did they give this feed back like show me some sort of evidence of a player saying something and then klei actually responding and doing something show me this to support your claim i mean can you or anyone even provide me with any evidence of that actually happening other than some hear say from klei devs after they push a update they think is risky because they know the community didn't ask for it ?

I don't know if they took inspiration from me specifically but there have been two instances where I gave feedback and something similar ended up implemented. 

1. I suggested that Wolfgang obtained more efficiency from tools at the cost of breaking them faster. As far as I'm aware I was the first to suggest it but I was not the only one, either way it was implemented.

2. A lot of people suggested that Wolfgang could use Dumbbells while moving, but I suggested that it halted the meter only. Again I can't exactly prove that it was from me that the suggestion was take from or a variation of what others suggested.

I also remember Wormwood being able to force himself to bloom was suggested by the community. 

They can't just take every suggestion willy-nilly, they have their own vision of the type of game they want to create too. As far as companies that listen to feedback though? They are one of the best. I have never heard of any other gaming company taking this much feedback from their community. 

As for you leaving... Don't let the door hit you on the way out? If you wanted to be heard, you already started with your foot in your mouth so I'm unsure how far you thought you were going to go. You have to keep insisting (politely, with a good argument) and have fellow member of the community back you up. They're not just anxiously waiting around their desk for the great "Chea-K-hole" to speak and guide them to the promised land. 

It took a great amount of insisting from a few crazy lunatics to give Wolfgang a second chance at tweaks.

Also the ancient guardian being reworked was something asked by the community. Honestly if I took the time to remember everything it would be a really long list.

2 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I don't know if they took inspiration from me specifically but there have been two instances where I gave feedback and something similar ended up implemented. 

1. I suggested that Wolfgang obtained more efficiency from tools at the cost of breaking them faster. As far as I'm aware I was the first to suggest it but I was not the only one, either way it was implemented.

2. A lot of people suggested that Wolfgang could use Dumbbells while moving, but I suggested that it halted the meter only. Again I can't exactly prove that it was from me that the suggestion was take from or a variation of what others suggested.

I also remember Wormwood being able to force himself to bloom was suggested by the community. 

They can't just take every suggestion willy-nilly, they have their own vision of the type of game they want to creat too. As far as companies that listen to feedback though? They are one of the best. I have never heard of any other gaming company taking this much feedback from their community. 

As for you leaving... Don't let the door hit you on the way out? If you wanted to be heard, you already started with your foot in your mouth so I'm unsure how far you thought you were going to go. You have to keep insisting (politely, with a good argument) and have fellow member of the community back you up. They're not just anxiously waiting around their desk for the great "Chea-K-hole" to speak and guide them to the promised land. 

The things that you have said here are some of the reasons that I really love this game. Klei has done a wonderful job with this game, and with supporting and interacting with the community. The fact that this game is even on the PS4 is something that I appreciate. I think that calling the UI crap and this and that is too short sighted. The game is open to updates, so maybe he will find something later on that he likes. Things are refined as time goes on. That is the reason we are on the Iphone 13 today, and we don't all drive 1982 Toyota Corollas. Revisions are part of product development. 

I certainly hope that he doesn't leave, and sticks with it and continues to enjoy the game. I feel that if I could learn the new UI, then anyone could do it. I think that you should give it another try Chea-k-hole and see if you can adapt to it and find something that you like about it. I understand his frustration and having to do something different when you don't feel a need for it. I do not agree with his method of venting his frustration, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. 

15 hours ago, allmeitysk said:

I love new menu, but I agree with comment in this threat - if I am stending next to any station the main tab should be opened of the station. E.g. terrafirma for turfs. 

On the PS4, we can select the machine and hit "research at" which will pull up the tab. Is this not the same on PC? 

28 minutes ago, Chea-k-hole said:

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/discover/68/

41 minutes ago, Chea-k-hole said:

can you give me a specific player feedback that was actually used by the dev team

Scott hearted my comment saying how I wish the crafting worked then he hearted my comment saying he hearted my comment. Now they say that pins will have multiple tabs and be saved per account instead of per world - exactly what I said!

He also hearted my comment talking about how the clean sweeper is hard to make on pubs since dark petals are weird to get. Now the recipe doesn't need them any more!

The cost of the sea wreath, the drop rate of cookie cutter shells, basically everything in the latest qol honestly was all community suggested. I played a beta world for like 300 days just to test things out and give feedback, that's how engaged I felt the devs were this latest patch.

I also think the new crafting station is fine. In fact is really cool specially the favorite bar.

Only things I would suggest are just having one food and cooking tab to avoid confusion and allow us to move the order of favorites up and down at will. Rn to that you pretty much have to delete them and do it all again in the order u want it.

honestly, all that i want is old tabs and not the new bloated fillters, good thing a mod exist for that

and stop using your excuse of "but how your goin to find something whit old tabs? IMPOSSIBLE!" if new players somehow have proplems finding something on old tabs, then they wont have any better times whit new filters, so just stop it whit that

23 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

honestly, all that i want is old tabs and not the new bloated fillters, good thing a mod exist for that

and stop using your excuse of "but how your goin to find something whit old tabs? IMPOSSIBLE!" if new players somehow have proplems finding something on old tabs, then they wont have any better times whit new filters, so just stop it whit that

sure, is harder to find thermal stones in the new menu than in the not at all bloated old survival tab...

2 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

image.png.f74828140bf52e5a092d7bbb80987134.png you call that bloated? not like some of the new filters have that much at all

more than the new filters except structures and decorations but old structures tab... man, that was a lot of scrolling

is okey that you have your reasons to dont be happy about the change but keep some coherence

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

more than the new filters except structures and decorations but old structures tab... man, that was a lot of scrolling

is okey that you have your reasons to dont be happy about the change but keep some coherence

my reason is that the new filters is to much and not helpful for my asperger autistic brain, its not sorted for me, even more so when some items are in more then 1 place

Archived