I think the new crafting menu is fine

I know a lot of people seem to be upset about the new crafting menu, and I hadn't tried it until today, and I was expecting it to be really bad based on what people were saying. But I didn't have any problems with it. To me, it seems mostly the same, just arranged a little differently. Yes, it will take a little getting used to, but it's not nearly as different as I thought it was going to be.

Just putting that out there. One person (me) thinks it's fine. It's also fine if other people disagree. I'm not saying that I'm right or that anyone else is wrong. Just my opinion.

I really don't get the hate that was going around, I found it really easy to adapt to. My main gripe with it though is when you open it next to a structure it doesn't open into a filter that has things available to craft.

image.thumb.png.e5ea558459c93ea8c70ca2bad8f25bb2.png

Standing next to a terrafirma always opens into tools despite turfs only being in the "decorations" filter. (I just noticed that if you can prototype something in a filter a tiny lightbulb appears which you can barely see in game, changing the color of it would definitely make it more apparent)

In-game the worst I've seen was "it has its ups and downs". On the forums it seems most people like it, or are at least indifferent about it. The people who dislike it just complain super hard and spam everywhere that it isn't exactly the same as it used to be so it's bad.

I don’t understand such a strong hate, describe what exactly you don’t like and there will be mods for it or a mod that fixes everything with a couple of buttons.
Personally, I did not like the filters and the fact that the items were in different tabs. I just turned on the old menu mode and everything fell into place. Lack of slots for fixing recipes or several sets, I think a week and either glue or mods will add this feature

6 minutes ago, Maksym.12 said:

I don’t understand such a strong hate, describe what exactly you don’t like and there will be mods for it or a mod that fixes everything with a couple of buttons.
Personally, I did not like the filters and the fact that the items were in different tabs. I just turned on the old menu mode and everything fell into place. Lack of slots for fixing recipes or several sets, I think a week and either glue or mods will add this feature

its utter garbage being a pc controller player that use to be basically a pro at kiting while crafting and i could survive indefinitely i cant survive a single night now the game is straight up unplayable as a controller user so yeah im pissed because this crafting ui is effectively the nail in the coffin for dst as i wont be playing a game thats literally unplayable unless you have keyboard and mouse so yeah **** me right

3 minutes ago, Chea-k-hole said:

its utter garbage being a pc controller player that use to be basically a pro at kiting while crafting and i could survive indefinitely i cant survive a single night now the game is straight up unplayable as a controller user so yeah im pissed because this crafting ui is effectively the nail in the coffin for dst as i wont be playing a game thats literally unplayable unless you have keyboard and mouse so yeah **** me right

I don’t have a controller to check how inconvenient it is, but in other games, similar crafting menus are very playable, maybe the problem is just in the navigation system that has not yet been fully configured in this very menu

56 minutes ago, Maksym.12 said:

I don’t have a controller to check how inconvenient it is, but in other games, similar crafting menus are very playable, maybe the problem is just in the navigation system that has not yet been fully configured in this very menu

The real problem here is klei entertainment was way to quick to approve this ui update without fully thinking of its full impact on all users. Its just irresponsible. They designed it clearly for keyboard and mouse users. I'm assuming whoever designed this intended on keyboard and mouse being what you will play with, and didn't give any consideration to the fact that a portion of the player base is controller users. Like at all. I mean i get it what the big boss guys at klei heard is we can basically put new items and skins in the game indefinitely. which means they can keep making in game transactions. Which is fine I'm not knocking that part klei entertainment is a business with employees that need real paychecks. But yeah it clearly got pushed out with minimal testing because its about the money.  So in my eyes klei chose capitalism over its actual players. Which is pretty shitty of klei. But I understand I get it. But does klei understand in my eyes they basically flipped me the bird as they drove by in there new Ferrari. And nothing will change that short of a ui rework that actually considers controller users. That you know have been playing this game for years with thousands of hours in game, or  like making the new ui optional.

1 hour ago, Chea-k-hole said:

being a pc controller player that use to be basically a pro at kiting while crafting and i could survive indefinitely i cant survive a single night now

Man, I can’t imagine people getting upset over having to learn how to adjust to the new UI in a game all about learning how to survive.

2 minutes ago, goblinball said:

Man, I can’t imagine people getting upset over having to learning how to adjust to the new UI in a game all about learning how to survive.

the thing is its unplayable dude it takes like 20 times longer to craft anything with a controller now its impossible to maintain a kiting pattern and craft something without being hit multiple times by ai. They broke the game for controller users it just doesn't work its not that I didn't try it I did I got familiar with where and how to craft things and gave it the old collage try but it just doesn't work dude. Think of it this way if I just downloaded this game I would return it before I got 2 hours in because its suppose to have full controller support. Like go connect a controller and try to play this garbage for 2 hours and tell me you wouldn't return it if you were a new player that just bought the game. Cuz i bet you would. Like I'm so pissed about this I'm considering contacting steam and making a complaint about the false advertising klei is doing with there outlandish claim that this game has full controller support.

4 minutes ago, Chea-k-hole said:

the thing is its unplayable dude it takes like 20 times longer to craft anything with a controller now its impossible to maintain a kiting pattern and craft something without being hit multiple times by ai. They broke the game for controller users it just doesn't work its not that I didn't try it I did I got familiar with where and how to craft things and gave it the old collage try but it just doesn't work dude. Think of it this way if I just downloaded this game I would return it before I got 2 hours in because its suppose to have full controller support. Like go connect a controller and try to play this garbage for 2 hours and tell me you wouldn't return it if you were a new player that just bought the game. Cuz i bet you would. Like I'm so pissed about this I'm considering contacting steam and making a complaint about the false advertising klei is doing with there outlandish claim that this game has full controller support.

I think this is only the first version of the control. I am sure that in a couple of weeks it will be possible to change tabs to triggers and all that remains is to choose a recipe

I just hope they dont **** up hamlet and shipwrecked with this ui garbage. Cuz there's no reason to rework that. There's no in game transactions there.

On a side note there being no micro transactions on those games is probably the reason shipwrecked on ios never got controller support cuz **** controller users right klei? 

Just saying there's been a pattern with klei over the years with there lack of care for controller users and this ui update is like the worlds largest cherry on top 

On 3/24/2022 at 5:34 PM, ScottHansen said:

We are very aware that this is a drastic change however, moving away from the old menu allows us more freedom when adding craftable items. For example, the Tackle Receptacle and Terra Firma Tamper were only added because we did not want to add a dozen recipes into the survival and structures tab. With the new approach, this is no longer an issue. The Tackle Receptacle and Terra Firma Tamper have been changed to research stations, like the Science Machine, where you will be able to prototype the recipes, learning them forever.

We know that change can be difficult for some players. Please give the new menu a chance, consider the above information and let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions over on the official forums

cursing isnt constructive, is inmature as best

22 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

cursing isnt constructive, is inmature as best

check out this reply from klei in 2019 ..... its 2022 and we got nothing still......

Oh and I hope you and the other uncle toms on the klei forum get offended and tag a dev so they can see my criticism of there "recent rework". please do the tagging for me as im lazy 

@ ArubaroBeefalo I cursed because I was just using a word commonly used by people to express themselves. i feel my current expressions cant be obtained without swearing cuz that's how extreme I feel and I want to portray that in my words. The fact that certain individuals get offended by a word is not my problem now and never will be of my concern ever. Who are you to shame me for expressing myself?  Would it make you happier if I suppressed my emotions and thoughts and just didn't articulate myself, and just refrained from participating in the conversation of a topic very currently on my mind?  Have you considered the possibility that I dont care if you get offended by me expressing myself as I feel its my right as a human to be able to do so? 

59 minutes ago, goblinball said:

Man, I can’t imagine people getting upset over having to learn how to adjust to the new UI in a game all about learning how to survive.

It’s not about adjusting to the new UI, and in fact.. I made a post in another thread where I explained how the New UI should still function Similar to the Old UI where that post got a thanks react from one of the Devs, The pinned favorites tab has extreme potential to surpass the old crafting tab- For example Pinning the crafting Recipe for Boards or if your playing as Wolfgang, Purple Gems..

This would actually be FASTER to do then the previous Craft Ui..

if they would just change a few Controller input button prompts-

LT moves you to the Favorites (unopened UI tab) A crafts items from that tab (why it was changed to down on the D-pad is just confusing..) Double pressing LT twice opens the full Craft UI, while pressing B will exit all tabs to get you back into the game.

LT = favorites, LT while in Favorites = Full Craft Menu, RT = Player Inventory, B instantly exits any of those and gets you right back into gameplay.

Because Accidentally pressing too far left/or up on the Analog stick while in your backpack moves you to the New Craft UI.. or if you have a controller with even the slightest out of place Analog stick (those that move on their own you all have experienced a mildly broken controller) The NEW UI is absolutely terrible for this, because your analog stick if you have one of those mildly out of place analog sticks, or if you just have hands that slightly miss bump the analog, it juggles itself between the Pinned Favorite crafts & your actual backpack inventory.

Which wouldn’t be a problem anymore if LT moved you to the Favorites, LT while in favorites moves to full UI, and B exits at any point back to the game.

You could: pin all your favorites to be identical to the old UI and not only would it LOOK like the old UI, it would FEEL like it too, whilst at the same time: Allowing the NEW UI to continue to expand and grow.

For example if Boards could be refined into a higher tier of boards like Drift Oak Boards, you could Unpin regular boards, and pin Drift Oaks in their place: Effectively replacing them when needed.

I can understand WHY the new UI exists… but what I don’t understand is why it was changed so much in how you interact with it, compared to the previous UI.

And at least for me.. that’s my biggest issue with the new UI.

think about this i own all of the skins in dst aside from a few from twitch drops and a few from the klei rewards page drops i had to buy those with real money and I cant use any of them now because the game no longer playable as a controller player klei basically just committed grand larceny like really i spent 500-1000 dollars in the long run on this game i can no longer play so yeah im super pissed off

Anyone know any good lawsuit lawyers?

14 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

LT = favorites, LT while in Favorites = Full Craft Menu, RT = Player Inventory, B instantly exits any of those and gets you right back into gameplay.

Yes please! I would also like to add the ability to navigate the menu using DPad instead because it's just way more convenient than an analog stick.

10 hours ago, Chea-k-hole said:

think about this i own all of the skins in dst aside from a few from twitch drops and a few from the klei rewards page drops i had to buy those with real money and I cant use any of them now because the game no longer playable as a controller player klei basically just committed grand larceny like really i spent 500-1000 dollars in the long run on this game i can no longer play so yeah im super pissed off

Anyone know any good lawsuit lawyers?

To me it just sounds like you're a mediocre player and are taking your rage out on Klei. I play with a controller. Play on the PS4. I have pinned the stuff I need to the side bar and can craft and kite at the same time if I wanted to. It has not affected playability at all. Sure, I have had to relearn the position of some items but so what?

And don't come on here like some hard ass Karen pent up on lawsuit rage just because you fail to adapt to changes in a game. Nothing screams sore loser like that. I also own nearly all of the skins in the game, you don't see me using that as a bargaining chip. Grand larceny? HAH! Does the Constitution guarantee your right to skins too, Karen? 

Players like you are toxic. Don't spread false rumors and your toxicity because you don't like something and you think everyone else should share your view. 

2 hours ago, allmeitysk said:

I love new menu, but I agree with comment in this threat - if I am stending next to any station the main tab should be opened of the station. E.g. terrafirma for turfs. 

will help also new players instead of looking throw each tab (what a nightmere in the old menu...) but right now only works with "machines" that dont allow prototyping like pseudoscience station, potters wheel, etc

10 hours ago, Fatkitty said:

To me it just sounds like you're a mediocre player and are taking your rage out on Klei. I play with a controller. Play on the PS4. I have pinned the stuff I need to the side bar and can craft and kite at the same time if I wanted to. It has not affected playability at all. Sure, I have had to relearn the position of some items but so what?

And don't come on here like some hard ass Karen pent up on lawsuit rage just because you fail to adapt to changes in a game. Nothing screams sore loser like that. I also own nearly all of the skins in the game, you don't see me using that as a bargaining chip. Grand larceny? HAH! Does the Constitution guarantee your right to skins too, Karen? 

Players like you are toxic. Don't spread false rumors and your toxicity because you don't like something and you think everyone else should share your view. 

wtf u mean false rumors the game doesn't ******* work right for controller on pc dude its broken dude the new controls are horrible also im not on ps4 maybe you should read and actually comprehend what your reading before you comment a rude ass entitled reply next time. Also i dont care about the options of a sheep so go baaa elsewhere.  Im just stating facts here as i see them nothing more.

i spent money on this game due to the fact that it was a game i could play.  Now after i payed them they bait and switched me so i cant play the thing i payed for. i want my money back period.  No court in the usa wouldn't rule in my favor on such a issue. You saying anything else is just asinine and just supporting klei stealing from its customers because your a tool. I doubt i would ever even go to court if i filed the lawsuit klei wouldn't want press like that they would most likely settle outside of court. You call me whatever the **** you want but as it stands right now with the current state of the game im seriously considering suing because ive been wronged out of the things i spent real money on. I will start by contacting steam and asking for refunds and a statement of all my transactions with klei then ill go to a lawer from there. steam will most likely  refund some of it back to a certain point in time. i dont know the exacts of how steams timelines and refunds go but im sure theres a point where steam will tell me some of the transactions are too old. so those to old transactions i will have to speak to a lawyer about to see if im within my rights to sue or not. i think i might be but im not a lawyer. if anyone knows anything factual about this sort of stuff id love to hear it. 

Also grand larceny is different from state to state but heres a example of where i live "larceny becomes grand larceny when the item or items stolen is valued at $300 and higher............. so yeah this would be considered grand larceny there guy i dont live in china the fact is i spent money on something i cant use due to fault that is not of my own so yeah it sounds like a slam dunk if i would take it to court aka i would win at bare minimum a full refund. 

Archived