Should last year's QoL controls be made more known?

Should last year's QoL controls be made more known?   

84 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know how to fast drop, fast mine/chop, and mass craft?

• Yes, all of them.
    • Some of them.
    • No, none of them.
  2. 2. Did you figure these out on your own, or be taught them?

• Figured all of them out on my own.
    • Figured some out on my own, needed patch notes or other players to tell me others.
    • Figured none out on my own.
  3. 3. Do you think these should be explained somewhere in-game?

• Yes, anywhere is fine.
    • Yes, but not constantly on the hud like Soul Hop is.
    • No, it's fine how it is right now.
  4. 4. How should these be explained, if they are?

• On the hud.
    • In the controls menu.
    • In a forced tutorial that you have to go through every single time you join a new world or swap characters.
    • Other / Unsure

Yesterday I saw a thread wondering if mass crafting would be added. It made me realize the QoL controls added a year ago, while sensible and clear if you know them, are not actually that intuitive or explained anywhere. Do you guys think the game should tell people somehow? What do you think the best way to do so would be?

The changes are already described in the patch notes (https://forums.kleientertainment.com/game-updates/dst/) and the controls are overall pretty consistent with modern controls in various games. There is no strict need to explain them again in the game. At most there could be a one-two page manual in the game folder outlining the controls and tenets of the game (since an old school game manual would be neat to have, yeah).

Is fast mine/chop even an intended feature? or just a stategraph bug

either way I have no interest mashing my mouse like a maniac and making it wear off needlessly merely to save 2.5 second of time 

I think the Heave-Ho thing should be explained better as I still have no idea what it's about.

I think some people have trouble with ocean fishing too

I have heard they added quick drop, but I still use my mod and have no clue what the native implementation is.  Is it any good?  idk, maybe I should try it.

Fast mine / chop?  What is this?  Is this an actual feature or just spam clicking?

What is mass craft?  I use a mod for that too, how does this work?

These features should really help console but the biggest thing console needs is a complete overhaul of the controls so you aren't forced to stop walking when you look at the map, navigate crafting menues, etc.

10 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

have heard they added quick drop, but I still use my mod and have no clue what the native implementation is.  Is it any good?  idk, maybe I should try it.

It's the same thing.

Fast mine / chop?  What is this?  Is this an actual feature or just spam clicking?

I don't think it's an actual feature, I'd say it's just a bug that never got patched because there's no real reason to patch it.

You click to craft then hold click and it'll automatically craft for you.

32 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

fast chop mine and hammer is just holding mouse instead of space, because for some reason, holding mouse is faster then space

douple click a craft item, and hold it on your second click to keep on crafting the item

2 hours ago, Shosuko said:

I have heard they added quick drop, but I still use my mod and have no clue what the native implementation is.  Is it any good?  idk, maybe I should try it.

Shift + Left mouse button and yes ABSOLUTELY is any good. For a player like me, who never play mods, always vanilla, this was a revolution. It changed so much the gameplay and the experience.

It's an unintended feature, so an exploit. You choose if use it (or pratically break your fingers). You just spam click on things for doing it faster, like mining or chopping.

Just hold left mouse button (or whatever button you have for crafting) and the game will automatically craft the items.

4 hours ago, Shosuko said:

Originally an unintended feature, turned to a feature. Originally you'd spam the heck out of mouse to anim cancel to do fast actions but eventually in a patch a long time ago it became a feature.

You'll notice that holding Lmouse is far faster than holding space bar is currently.

Quick drop- No idea what that is.. dropping items on Xbox hasn’t ever changed.

Bulk Craft- I don’t think this actually exists on Xbox.. but then again, It would probably feel like another feature they ripped away from Winona which is likely why I wouldn’t use it if it did exist.

Faster Mine/Chop for Spam button pressing: yeah that one doesn’t exist at all I’m pretty certain of it.

If your going to talk about last years QoL’s the actual changes for those brought into the game can be read in detail Here:

And Here:

31 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Quick drop- No idea what that is.. dropping items on Xbox hasn’t ever changed.

Bulk Craft- I don’t think this actually exists on Xbox.. but then again, It would probably feel like another feature they ripped away from Winona which is likely why I wouldn’t use it if it did exist.

Faster Mine/Chop for Spam button pressing: yeah that one doesn’t exist at all I’m pretty certain of it.

If your going to talk about last years QoL’s the actual changes for those brought into the game can be read in detail Here:

Yup, its right there

dst-qol-update.jpg.3fd17f6dc6bb8745ddd5f1a50a28618e.jpg

Also bulk craft is nothing like Winona's 2x crafting speed.  It just means the character continues to craft while you hold the button.  Crafting speed is the same.  Its qol, not a buff.  Winona probably loves it more than anyone.

Why is everyone saying fast chop is an unintended exploit? They mentioned it in the patch notes and the behaviour for holding m1 on trees & boulders was changed to be the same as mashing. Maybe if you guys are still mashing for some reason it's unintended but they've intentionally added an easier way.

5 hours ago, Auth said:

WHAT

Click then hold click.

9 hours ago, Cheggf said:

They mentioned it in the patch notes and the behaviour for holding m1 on trees & boulders was changed to be the same as mashing

I joined the Forums just to read the patch notes and I'm still not capable of reading the patch notes.

9 hours ago, SecretPizzaMan said:

I still can't drop things while moving.

Nor can you in PC. You're supposed to stop moving, then drop and wait for the animation to play.

the fast craft/cook thing is super useful. i thought it was a bug at first, really needs to be explained somewhere, or not??? I don't really know if it should be explained, don't starve has never had offical tutorials since you are supposed to figure things out yourself but stuff like double clicking the craft icon isn't really something that you'd discover just from playing, so?????? maybe have some sort of visual feedback in the crafting menu like a spinning cog by the thing you are crafting if you are using the auto craft maybe

Archived