[Poll] On Content Drought

Be... Ta...   

110 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like it when Don't Starve Together reaches a content drought?

2. 2. Do you like how the Klei devs interact with the community at large during a content drought?

3. 3. Do you think DST should have more frequent updates than what we currently have?

4. 4. Do you think DST devs should communicate more *specifically* regarding upcoming content?

5. 5. Do you think Klei would sacrifice the quality of its updates if it pumped out content more frequently?

From what the roadmap says the QOL updates will be more substantial, and the next update is probably going to be the crafting UI update, it makes sense that they need to take their time with it.
Also i don't know if by substantial they mean just this one or all of them.... Maybe we'll see something as big as the farming update? Although I wouldn't call that a QOL... (but I'd LOVE a crockpot update)
And just because content hasn't been coming out it doesn't mean that the updates haven't been rolling around, character refreshes and events are always a welcome addition! (even though wolfgang hasn't been well received by some folks)

It's only been a few weeks since the last update and i havent caught all the cats yet, so...

Back on topic, i'm happy that this game is still getting dev support and updates at all, since it's  release was so long ago. After all, i paid less than 10 bucks for it and have already gotten hundreds of entertainment hours. 

It's a matter of expectations, and i think content droughts are fine

8 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:
  Hide contents

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Curabitur ante dolor, luctus in ultricies et, pellentesque quis arcu. Donec lacus lectus, ornare ac malesuada ac, finibus vel tellus. Sed lacus velit, sollicitudin a turpis et, condimentum dapibus turpis. Donec mollis leo sit amet eleifend laoreet. Quisque ultricies quam at erat malesuada, et varius lectus dapibus. Sed volutpat eu dui ut dapibus. Sed dictum, justo nec tincidunt viverra, justo magna vehicula risus, et aliquet erat justo at nisl. Etiam in justo vel velit elementum interdum scelerisque sit amet mauris. Praesent sed augue viverra, iaculis nisl ac, feugiat lectus. Suspendisse imperdiet tellus.

getnerfedon was hacked by an ancient roman?

3 hours ago, JoeW said:

I don't know of any other game out there that put out as much for their players as we do

as a 30 years old gamer i never saw it before. It always amazed me how u guys listen at us who play ur games, it has a wholesome lv and i cant thank u enough. Im sorry about the miss behave from some of the comunity 

If year of the Catcoon came out on Thursday January 27th 2022

and Thursday February 3rd has come and gone, Along with Thursday February 10th & Thursday February 17th- Wouldn’t that make it four weeks since the last update & not three? 

With the 24th being the last Thursday of February it’s safe to assume for people outside of beta that it does indeed feel a little bit like a content drought.

Since the upcoming beta is going to require a lot of testing, it’s also safe to assume console players won’t get it anytime soon.

But personally I’m not too worried about it, let Klei take all the time they need to make sure they get everything done properly & correctly without much error & without the fanbase rushing them.

Play a different game in the meantime if you feel like what your getting with DST is not enough, after I found all 9 Kitcoons I moved on to play games on my Xbox Gamepass that I Don’t actually Own and will be removed from the Gamepass at some point 

And since I can play DST at anytime because I own it.. I’ll prioritize games I DONT Own or games with limited time battle passes Over it.

I love the Dont Starve/DST game franchise, it’s easily my favorite franchise of all time.. but instead of complaining about lack of meaningful updates, I’m waiting to see what Klei reveals surely they have a nice “End Goal” I just hope they can keep their fanbase engaged enough to stick around to witness it.

And that I won’t like you know die or something before I get to see this franchise thrive like we all would (hopefully) like to see it do someday.

I've always been supportive of Klei and their game except *cough*Wolfgang*cough* the content they add to it is fine, although I feel it's not accessible to most of the player base more for the hard-core players. I'm excited to see what happens. But don't think I've forgiven yall for Wolfgang, I still think yall are clowns for that. 

16 minutes ago, Blunty_x said:

I've always been supportive of Klei and their game except *cough*Wolfgang*cough* the content they add to it is fine, although I feel it's not accessible to most of the player base more for the hard-core players. I'm excited to see what happens. But don't think I've forgiven yall for Wolfgang, I still think yall are clowns for that. 

Bruh.

I think the amount of content and how much the klei devs interact with the community is ridiculous (in a good way). I mean, monthly free content updates (excluding paid characters but those can be obtained with spools and are still more fun content), public betas for players to provide feedback? This is insane!! Do you guys remember in December when the Wolfgang rework was announced and everyone got upset at the changes, so klei released an unplanned beta so people could provide actual feedback instead of speculative complaints??? What other companies do this??? We need more people like klei who are so focused on making the best, most enjoyable content for their playerbase. I understand sometimes it may seem like we have to wait FOREVER between monthly updates since we’ve been so spoiled, but stuff like this takes time to make, and the speed at which klei releases quality content is insane. Go ask Silksong fans about waiting and release dates if you don’t understand what I mean. 
Klei, thank you guys for all your hard work, the gaming industry desperately needs more people like you.

I'm pretty sure most of us have played other games besides DST in the past ~6 years (which is an amazing amount of time for a game to have so much support, not counting base DS), and I feel like the quality over quantity updates are great for this game the same way an update is to a game like Terraria, where its a great way to get back into it to see what's new after you got burnt out after playing on a long world. Content droughts are more of an issue towards different live-service games where they crank out content 24/7 to the point where the game feels like a career instead of a game *cough* Destiny 2 *cough*. A lot of other games have had content droughts that have lasted multiple months, some even almost a year, so when comparing that to DST, it's not an issue at all.

It's this rather new-ish wave of gamers that think devs need to constantly show and tell what they're working on and ask if it meets their approval.

I'm not sure when this mindset developed, but just a friendly reminder that it's not your game. I'm old enough to remember when there were no updates, no extra content or changes. You got the game that was put put and you had to buy the sequel if you wanted more.

As someone struggling to make it into game design myself, it's disheartening to see that I could put my vision, heart and love into a game... And people tell me that I'm wrong. That what I want for my game isn't good enough and that I should change it for them because they (may have) paid for it. 

Klei is doing an amazing job, the game is completely unrecognizable from the day it came out. In the end you just have to trust in the people that created this project you love and believe that in the end, they will continue to make you happy as they always have done.

Of course I would enjoy if we could get a full fledged, game changing update every month, on the scale with RWYS or so on. But the fact of the matter is that isn't possible, and certainly isn't fair to the developers. Klei isn't just some game making robot that has nothing better to do than push out update after update, neither are they this AAA game dev studio that has billions of dollars to fall back on and hundreds of thousands of employees. They're a company with real people behind the screen, who have real lives outside of making your game, and need time to make updates of quality. Klei is exceptionally generous when it comes to game studios with all their updates, transparency, and listening to their fans, and your biggest issue is that you don't get an update every week?

The only other games that I really play is Hollow knight (it is my favorite of all time), Terraria, Clash royale (I know very cringe) and Minecraft.

Hollow knight is made by a studio much smaller then Klei and you could say they have been experiencing a content draught in the community.. for 3 years. But then again, no cost too great if it means Hollow knight: Silksong.

Terraria is done now and if you were a console player before it got 1.4, you had to wait a year and a half while PC basically speedran terraria and is in terraria 1.4.5 I think. But it's probably incredibly hard for a small console team to update both ps and Xbox but also Nintendo switch. Plus the community always received updates about the state of the game so that was super nice.

Clash royale is heeheeheehaw.

Minecraft takes a 1 year between it's major content update and is a big game but it never really ever enters a content draught, because of the snapshots because of the community. That's the thing as long as there are people talking about a game, making mods of the game, art of the game, even trolling half of the community into thinking that characters stop to speak abruptly is a real issue and is real please believe me, there can't be a content draught. And all those previous games have huge gaps of nothing (not clash royale) while don't starve together has monthly updates. Other then Minecraft I've never seen such consistency in it's schedule and transparency. My only complaint with Dst is that there still isn't any heeheeheehaw emote in the game, please I need this.

Archived