[Poll] What order do you think the reworks will be in?

What do you think the rework order will be?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who'll be first?

2. 2. Who'll be second?

3. 3. Who'll be third?

4. 4. Finally, who's the fourth?

Now that it's been confirmed Wilson, WX, Wickerbottom, and Maxwell will be getting reworked (since they're the only characters left), what order do you think they'll be reworked in?
image.png.2059661a2293a58b2353b7f489840cbb.png

Also, why do you think they'll be reworked in the order you chose?

It was already confirmed they'd be reworked when reworks first started, they said they were doing all of them. I would think it's WX since he desperately needs one, then Wickerbottom and Maxwell since they're alright, then Wilson since he'll probably be controversial again. But I'm not sure what's gonna actually happen since WX should've been the next rework twice in a row now.

8 minutes ago, Friendly Grass said:

Well I guess we can fairly safely assume Maxwell won't be last.

image.png.2cbea5c0b75bbe8cb1ca621e9cce96bb.png

That is unless they're referring to him as William, and may get a name change with his rework? Ya never know.

But yeah I would definitely expect Wilson or Max to be at the end of the line. Hoping WX comes first.

11 minutes ago, Friendly Grass said:

Well I guess we can fairly safely assume Maxwell won't be last.

image.png.2cbea5c0b75bbe8cb1ca621e9cce96bb.png

You could interpret that as "I was going to write a W name, but I realized Maxwell's got an M, so I wrote 'the last character' instead."

It's what I did, at least.

My personal guess for the order:

WX-78: I put him in the same camp as pre-rework Wolfgang. Strong, but not very interesting. 

Wickerbottom: Definitely more interesting than Wolf or Wicker. But I feel that; out of the pre-rework "Big three", Wickerbottom probably got hit the hardest out of them. At the very least, she's the character I see talked about the least these days.

Maxwell: I personally think that he needs reworked the least out of any remaining character, but he probably won't be reworked last because Wilson

Wilson: Is Wilson

The next rework is most likely WX78 since there’s gears and electrical wires in the photo for the 2022 Roadmap.

Theres also this part:

B9B89B75-D7CC-4878-BAE5-F914E1895AF2.thumb.jpeg.8298d6cc957a91c9019ebc748d08f4ac.jpeg

Which immediately struck me as odd, why does this have 3 dots.. but the two words after that only have 2?

Fill in those 3 dots and only one name fits WX78.

Wickerbottom will likely be reworked after him 

Saving Maxwell & Wilson for the last ones because most lore.

Obviously Wickerbottom first after that in order WX-78, Maxwell and Wilson.

I wouldn't mind if WX-78 was first, as long as his speed boost isn't nerfed and Wickerbottom "The End is Nigh" book still works on him.

15 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The next rework is most likely WX78 since there’s gears and electrical wires in the photo for the 2022 Roadmap.

Which immediately struck me as odd, why does this have 3 dots.. but the two words after that only have 2?

Fill in those 3 dots and only one name fits WX78.

Wickerbottom will likely be reworked after him 

Saving Maxwell & Wilson for the last ones because most lore.

If you read the roadmap, they say that the final character they will rework in Q1 2023 is W...., not the other way around, which means that Maxwell isn't the last one and WX-78 can be but it is probably Wilson.

I chose Maxwell for the last one, but Klei hinted the last character refresh starts with "W", so ironically that rules Maxwell out...maybe. For sure it's either Maxwell or Wilson for the last refresh, since it would make sense lore-wise to set it up that way. Or maybe not, who knows?

1 hour ago, Owlrus said:

I chose Maxwell for the last one, but Klei hinted the last character refresh starts with "W", so ironically that rules Maxwell out...maybe. For sure it's either Maxwell or Wilson for the last refresh, since it would make sense lore-wise to set it up that way. Or maybe not, who knows?

i think its just them throwing us off especially with maxwell being excluded from the teaser image

It's only appropriate that the original antagonist and protagonist finish the reworks. Their cinematics could be the most insightful when it comes to lore.

And the most bland, poster-boy character closing the "making characters more interesting" phase of dst's development is just fitting

1 minute ago, Lumberlocke said:

I wonder if a symbolic name change from "Maxwell" to "William" would indicate some sort of redemption? Like some villain to hero thing? :eagerness:

I was thinking that too! Like what if they right out just change his name as symbolism of him like, coming to peace with his past.

Based on the order of the items in the corner, I think:

1. Wilson

2. Wickerbottom

3. Wx-78

4. Maxwell

This order might not make sense to some (doesn't make sense to me), but Klei seems to follow a different order, maybe based on development time. Given that I thought Wolfgang would be one of the last characters refreshed.  

2 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

If DST 2022 Roadmap poster offers a clue, one would think the 3 characters due to being reworked in 2022 will be ordered (foreground/background-wise) as: Wicker, WX, Wilson. Or, if a "red herring", maybe in reverse - Wilson first, Wicker last. And "the former King", Max, being left for 2023 - would be kinda fitting to be the last.

maybe maxwell is taking the photo 

Archived