What are you hoping for YotC?

Straight to the point question. What are you hoping to see in the "Year of the Catcoon" event? Personally I'd like to see some changes to how the Cat Cap and Cat o' 3 tails is made (and used) to make them more unique or convenient to craft/use.

YoTC (Carrat) has come and gone YoTCC (Catcoon) hasn’t happened yet.

But I would like Catcoons to be as in-depth as a pet as Carrats were with cat toys and stuff also I want Catmando as a Beefalo skin.. Beefalo are alright.. but Yes I would very much like to ride around on a gigantic fearsome cat thing thank you. :wilson_love:

I never had that problem personally, but i think people would appreciate having some way of retrieving items they steal. Whether by befriending them and hoping they give it back, or distracting it with a toy so you can steal it back.

Other than that, I'm banking completely on Klei's creativity. 

Just now, Eughstein said:

Make cat tails weapon deal more damage, Wanda's EMPTY clock deal same damage as this hard to get thing with low durability

instead of having a chance of making the enemy lose aggro (i always find this silly because you need to stop hitting to know if it worked...) it could reduce enemy damage plus having something near tentacle spike's damage

I just want a reskinned Rawling from shipwrecked.. it’s a ball of Yarn, you throw it and your Catcoon playfully goes to catch and bring it back to you.

I’ve had real house cats play fetch, don’t give me that load of lies that Cats don’t play fetch.. I have video evidence that they do.. and I want my Catcoon to fetch balls of yarn.

21 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

im curious about how monster characters will interact with whatever klei is preparing

*Webber and wortox

Idk catcoon masks?They will add some way to still do event or say "you supposed to play it with other people who don't play webber or wortox" and make it available only if you change character

Tail o' Three Cats, remove the de-aggro effect so damage and durability can be buffed. With Wanda having permanent range weapon that i really enjoy, i'd like to have something similar on other characters that is worthwhile to use.

Renewable dens and new unique item/s that use their tails for crafting or even add a new effect on Cat Cap because currently it is subpar compared to other items that give better insulation and sanity restoration.

When you hammer their dens, there is a chance that canary will spawn and if you use flute right away you will capture her. It's useful for misery toadstool rush and whatever klei change I hope this feature will stay.

10 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

When you hammer their dens, there is a chance that canary will spawn and if you use flute right away you will capture her. It's useful for misery toadstool rush and whatever klei change I hope this feature will stay.

catcoon has also a very small chance of throwing up a bird which can be a canary

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I just want a reskinned Rawling from shipwrecked.. it’s a ball of Yarn

A ball of yarn that can talk???

4 hours ago, abrocator said:

I don’t even know what catcoons are doing in the game in the first place.  Forest ambience?

very obscure feather farming :p

Low expectations for the event itself, never even liked catcoons to begin with, probably not even gonna be playing the game during the event. I am excited to see what skins will we get though.

I also would really like if catcoons had a tiger color scheme during the event instead of their usual gray, would be a nice touch.

-craftable Catcoon Dens (but expensive to craft or costing a **** ton of gold nuggets to buy)

-an awesome looking catcoon shrine with new items to buy with nuggets

-catcoons giving you gold nuggets based either on a mini game or a high chance of them giving nuggets after you gift them various/specific items

-some way to have a permanent catcoon follower or at least a way to greatly increase their follower timer from giving them gifts (that can enter caves)

-single catcoon skin (not as garish as the beefalo skins which honestly I'm not a big fan of the majority of them as they are pretty over the top) which makes them look like a little cat/tiger hybrid

- not really but it'd be funny as hell to be able to give them helmets/hats 

-rework to the whip to make it a little more viable

-cat cap rework - wearing one could maybe increase the loyalty/follower timer when befriending catcoons

-decorations or a skin for the hallowed stump

- No idea why this would be part of this event but a minor pet rework allowing them to do a bit more than just begging for food. Perhaps keeping them well fed and not ignoring them for several days in a row will make them more helpful - uncovering/guiding you to hunts for example, chasing and killing rabbits for you when near rabbit dens - Maybe each pet could have a different ability! Varg hunts rabbits, giblet scratches the ground and finds seeds sometimes, one could find the hunts, moonmoth drops lunar blossoms when well fed, baby dragonfly drops charcoal etc.

Archived