Does Klei plan to do some activities in the Chinese new year?

the more the ask, the more it takes, meaning, year of catcoon may never happen, because if you just wonder when it happens, then it seems to take longer then it sould do

but im sure what will not happen for that event, after all, its there time to shine, so no killing, maybe
image.png.3f7ca260776ae23e48d76551d3d62df4.png

Guys the last Year of the event added permanent content into the game for even when the event ended, So even after YoTCC ends it’s safe to assume some features and mechanics from it will stick around.

Hopefully that means we can “Tame” Catcoon in the same way you can “Tame” Beefalo.

While a sincerely feel sorry for all the Wanda players when this update starts because IF Catcoons could be tamed then other players will have them up in your base near your watches for the thieving. 

BUT let’s just think of the “good” things a tamed Catcoon could do, well for starters they’re good at attacking Birds and Butterflies so I suppose Abigail would no longer be the only option for AFK Butterfly wings.

They will probably get adorable toys to play with them with too like a ball of yarn you can throw similar to Rawling from Shipwrecked,

And maybe same as how Beefalo have hitching posts and dress up tab they will get scratching pole and “cat stuff” 

Either way most of what gets added will likely stay as core gameplay content so @minespatch you may actually see those Baccoons added to & staying in the game.

Theres also an unused asset for something called Katar which looks like a horrifying Deerclops Catcoon Hybrid thing.. and I’m assuming this might spawn if you kill enough cute innocent Catcoons.

Theres a ton of Speculation to be had with this.. but hopefully we get more details soon.

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

You can already befriend catcoons by giving them things.

I was thinking something more along the lines of Year of the Carrat or Year of the Beefalo.

You could already befriend Beefalo too prior to YoTB.. but you couldn’t bell bond them on day 1 and have them loyally follow you anywhere on the map including into caves and log off the server with you when you exit the world or dress them up or hitch them to poles so they stay in one spot.

Pretty sure Year of the Catcoon will have more interactions with Catcoons.

1 hour ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

Cats and Tigers has me more excited than I’ve been in a long time, I guess more than anything I’d want another catcoon pet skin or craftable catcoon dens

As someone who plays Wortox, Wurt & Webber and every other character getting punched by Pigs, Merms. Bunnymen, and Spiders is hilarious when I’m not the character that can interact with them.. So it will be very funny when I can craft Catcoon dens and make Wanda’s downsides actually matter.. so yes I agree let me turn the entire world into Catcoon Den (but also Catcoons are an easy way to get large meats so maybe after killing too many of them in a row some angry Catmando Beast spawns to make you regret it.)

What the Chinese Zodiac Means 

Maybe they can bring Mumsy back with year of the goat? Snake could be Shipwrecked snakes appearing in the ocean biome as there are certain snakes that live in mangroves. Dragon could be something with the dragonfly maybe something like being able to hatch the larvae egg into a dragon fly that you can ride on? And for Rooster maybe they add chickens and roosters like those unimplemented chickens they had in the Gorge. And year of the rabbit could bring in rabbit farms?

Oh oh! Year of the Tiger can be Tiger sharks from Shipwrecked! And you can tame Sharkittens! They could be a good source of Hounds teeth as sharks shed their teeth alot! So you could make toys to give to them to watch them do cute animations then have a chance to make a tooth pop out, but the toy durability depends on what you use wooden items would be crushed in an instant. 

39 minutes ago, Pinkamena11FazP said:

Oh oh! Year of the Tiger can be Tiger sharks from Shipwrecked! And you can tame Sharkittens! They could be a good source of Hounds teeth as sharks shed their teeth alot! So you could make toys to give to them to watch them do cute animations then have a chance to make a tooth pop out, but the toy durability depends on what you use wooden items would be crushed in an instant. 

ahm...wrong animal?
image.png.3457202361aa123011027a0fb1ce3c80.png

Archived