Does Klei plan to do some activities in the Chinese new year?

3 hours ago, Dr.Medic said:

ahm...wrong animal?

It's just a suggestion since I don't think catoon is any close to 'tiger' unless their bringing back that catcoon varg thing and Hound like catcoon things that can cough up a new fur that can make better bed rolls or tents, or could be used for the dapper vest. I thought my idea for bringing back the Tigershark and Shark kittens could liven up the ocean content that REALLY has nothing to it.

On 1/19/2022 at 5:22 AM, Mike23Ua said:

Guys the last Year of the event added permanent content into the game for even when the event ended, So even after YoTCC ends it’s safe to assume some features and mechanics from it will stick around.

Hopefully that means we can “Tame” Catcoon in the same way you can “Tame” Beefalo.

While a sincerely feel sorry for all the Wanda players when this update starts because IF Catcoons could be tamed then other players will have them up in your base near your watches for the thieving. 

BUT let’s just think of the “good” things a tamed Catcoon could do, well for starters they’re good at attacking Birds and Butterflies so I suppose Abigail would no longer be the only option for AFK Butterfly wings.

They will probably get adorable toys to play with them with too like a ball of yarn you can throw similar to Rawling from Shipwrecked,

And maybe same as how Beefalo have hitching posts and dress up tab they will get scratching pole and “cat stuff” 

Either way most of what gets added will likely stay as core gameplay content so @minespatch you may actually see those Baccoons added to & staying in the game.

Theres also an unused asset for something called Katar which looks like a horrifying Deerclops Catcoon Hybrid thing.. and I’m assuming this might spawn if you kill enough cute innocent Catcoons.

Theres a ton of Speculation to be had with this.. but hopefully we get more details soon.

can we get an image for this? can't find anything online

I kind of hope they’ll add some new hostile enemy types to the game during these year of the X events.. I think the last one that added Hostile mob was Year of the Varg maybe??

When year of the Snake comes around and Klei doesn’t add snakes to the game when Shipwrecked & Hamlet both have them.. that’s when I’ll be disappointed.

https://sg.style.yahoo.com/style/2022-chinese-horoscope-12-animals-forecast-year-water-tiger-joey-yap-073642814.html

“Water Tiger” Klei?? And you went with Catcoons instead of Shipwrecked Tiger Shark. 

Next year is “Rabbit” so I’m assuming it’ll have something to do with Rabbits and Bunnymen.

After that things get interesting.. 2024 will be year of the Dragon- Dragoons? Dragonfly? A Dragon like creature resembling the skin Broodling has?

Which means I’ll be waiting until 2025 for year of the Snake.. 

And assuming Klei is still doing content for the game by then (& I haven’t died or the world ends) that’s when DST might finally get some snake mobs.

But for now…

WATER TIGER.. and no Sharkittens? How sad.. :( 

48 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

When year of the Snake

Maybe a huge Pugalisk esc boss? I'm spewing out ideas as you mostly repeated the things I said. *shrug*  But I wish they did Year of the Tiger shark it would of added more to the ocean, and really the ocean NEEDS more content as it's really bare and not rewarding unless your purposefully looking for things. They could of had Shark kittens drop hounds teeth, as sharks shed their teeth a lot and it would give players an easier way to farm for hounds teeth.

Archived