Whats Next ??

3 hours ago, babba said:

...and coop multiplayer :ghost:

Oyxgen Not Included, the MMO! Everyone controls a different asteroid on a massive starmap, and you can fly your dupes to other people's planets.

I can't see any possible way this could go wrong.

13 minutes ago, Yobbo said:

Oyxgen Not Included, the MMO! Everyone controls a different asteroid on a massive starmap, and you can fly your dupes to other people's planets.

I can't see any possible way this could go wrong.

first they need make automated mod download. other-way it fill be big fail as one user may have mods and another not

A mode where your dupes breath other stuff instead of oxygen, so you have to rethink how you survive. The starting asteroid would reflect your needs, while other asteroids would be the same as normal mode. How much each dupe consumes would be balanced accordingly, and the gas they exhale could also change. So, for example, Chlorine dupes would start in an asteroid that has bleach stone instead of oxylite, rust biomes, and with at least one guaranteed chlorine vent. 

It wouldn't be only different gasses, though. Water dupes would start in a water asteroid, and have some special buildings to serve their needs underwater (unique underwater beds, for example). They can hold breath a bit longer on land than land dupes can underwater, but still, they can't survive for long on dry land. So you need to build underwater bases, and find a way to fill with liquids any area that you want to be livable without a suit (unique suit that takes water)

Same kind of variation could be done with temperature, like, for examples, dupes that live on extremely low or high temperatures, to change how you manage temperature.

It would also be possible to make any of these special dupes available on printing pods and cryotanks in normal mode, with perks that offset the difficulties of setting special survival conditions for them.

I was thinking about it for a longer time. As I know we still face an issue with desynchronized automation. Also, some of the automation builds are huge and does not fit into building they should regulate. And I was wondering about 'Advanced Automation Circuit Board'. It would be a board for inputs and outputs only and You could 'enter' that board to build automation inside. It would be then 'saved' as a single automation mechanism and work without simulation of its behaviour but rather as a predefined in/out system. In my imagination it would then solve problem of desynchronized automation. skipped ticks and other automation issues. .

5 minutes ago, sheaker said:

I was thinking about it for a longer time. As I know we still face an issue with desynchronized automation. Also, some of the automation builds are huge and does not fit into building they should regulate. And I was wondering about 'Advanced Automation Circuit Board'. It would be a board for inputs and outputs only and You could 'enter' that board to build automation inside. It would be then 'saved' as a single automation mechanism and work without simulation of its behaviour but rather as a predefined in/out system. In my imagination it would then solve problem of desynchronized automation. skipped ticks and other automation issues. .

Alternatively, do a box with Lua inside. Embedding Lua is really easy. I did it for an Apache filter in a day or so (not production quality and yes, I know, there is a mod_lua, but it cannot do filters, only content creators). Could run on its own CPU and have, say, 8 inputs and 8 outputs.

also maybe blueprints will be nice , i have a problem with the current mod , when you start a new asteroid and you do not have all of the same materials , you have to destroy the entire blueprint and start over, it will be nice if out of the box we can have this and with alternative materials that you can use in your current asteroid. 

We got som nice foundations for future systems. I can see robodupes being an option in the future. Each specialized in a certain task requiring recharge that takes roughly the time a regular dupe needs to sleep.

But judging by the launch trailer we could get some mutant dupes with different weird heads. I imagine each would have special needs and abilities. I can imagine a mermaid dupe that would require water to "breathe" dupes eating weird stuff like balm lilly flowers, magma dupes needing high temperatures to survive, dupes pooping salt water instead of polluted etc. There are infinite possibilities.

3 minutes ago, Sebastiangperez said:

also maybe blueprints will be nice , i have a problem with the current mod , when you start a new asteroid and you do not have all of the same materials , you have to destroy the entire blueprint and start over, it will be nice if out of the box we can have this and with alternative materials that you can use in your current asteroid. 

yes, they to have similar already in Debug mode that you can take yaml file and drop to map or create at there self yaml file and later use that, they could todo same for normal mode but with some extra like if items missing then you cant build

Welding sparks ... ignition ... combustion ... explosions ... spreading fires :adoration: Firefighters !

"Stickit" as a new dupe name + welding job profession, needed to construct advanced buildings.

image.png.7150403d872ce98f01246e07e8a3ffef.png DLC2 - Thermite cats image.png.95a8936d694c7fa19eacfead56f44eaa.png Firefighter job

23 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

we could get some mutant dupes with different weird heads

A DNA analyzer and cloning or altered dupe , maybe a faster dupe, a faster builder. 

Also, it will be nice if we can have more Rooms like kitchen , bigger fridges.. etc etc 

We got som nice foundations for future systems. I can see robodupes being an option in the future. Each specialized in a certain task requiring recharge that takes roughly the time a regular dupe needs to sleep.

Yep , Robots that can be recharge and maybe with need to go to repair, like how Atmo suits works, but not like a rover, a full robot. 

I hope that there will be a couple of content packs that add small batches of stuff to extend existing systems first, like Banhi's Automation Innovation Pack. Pesronally, I would love to have more radiation-related stuff before moving on to something new. A machine that converts lumber or organic to refined carbon and powered by radbolts? Depleted uranium/nuclear waste refineries? Maybe remote automation that can be used without space exposure, but, again, consumes radbolts? Hell, maybe autonomous rockets that require radbolt-powered control stations and dupes with advanced pilot skills to operate?

2 hours ago, Meltdown said:

I hope that there will be a couple of content packs that add small batches of stuff to extend existing systems first, like Banhi's Automation Innovation Pack.

Stuff like extra critter morphs sound perfect for that. The system is already there, just give us plug slug morphs that eat something else and a few morphs for other critters (cold and hot pips, flying grub grubs etc.). A general improvement to ranching would be great as well.

Also disease and germs. They need some small improvements (maybe big ones too) but that`s for ano0ther thread. Generally small batches of stuff would work great with updating those old systems.

I was thinking about mirrors and magnets... There could be something interesting with metal ores and rare metals some more interaction with electricity, I mean adding magnetism to oxygen not included would add one more layer of planning.

And mirrors are pretty simple way to direct the lights where you need it... They could be turnable like radbolt reflectors and using power like mechanized airlock doors to change position.

About robots... I think making rover rechargeable would be already something.

About some different dupes and/or critter morphs... Could be great but not really necessary for fullness of experience.

Also there could more something like "crude oil- petroleum - sour gas - methane - natural gas" conversion circles. There is kind of something to that direction, but there is no full alternative way to play through game, just some small pieces of the puzzle, which did not join together. Like "trees - ethanol - CO2 - crude oil" as you can see this much shorter and only adds up to "sour gas circle" Working on this direction would be awesome. In perfect balanse I see as having at least two alternative ways for making common materials in the game.

For example you can get dirt by baking algae, by farming pips and by composting polluted dirt. But you only have one option to make bleach stone - by farming pufts.

And of course one thing that everyone waits is fire and burning in open air... Logically flammable things like ethanol, hydrogen, petroleum, natural gas would burn only in oxygen environment, only with fire starting sparks. And should produce some logic products like burning hydrogen and ethanol- water or polluted water, petroleum and NG - CO2.

Fiber made from refined Carbon, or plastic or some other way... Dreckos are good and nice and even too good for one critter, but if there would be some more sources of plastic and fiber ( beside crude oil and timble reed) even with some very inefficient conversion of some important resources but still additional option would be great. And more shearable critters would be nice too.

On 12/20/2021 at 6:59 PM, WhiteWind36 said:

And of course one thing that everyone waits is fire and burning in open air... Logically flammable things like ethanol, hydrogen, petroleum, natural gas would burn only in oxygen environment, only with fire starting sparks. And should produce some logic products like burning hydrogen and ethanol- water or polluted water, petroleum and NG - CO2.

It would be sooooo great to have fire in the game :congratulatory: Hot hot hot !

image.png.cbca41f7f565993f6c462339d97d2ee8.pngimage.png.3c5d2b7c78a2c8e4052365b24434a46f.pngimage.png.a87445e124e8acaae5440ef9d50c218a.pngimage.png.f5b2de1a56518b75c59265f588917b1a.png

To be honest with you, I'm surprised they tackled radiation in Spaced Out!  I space overhaul in SO was more than enough to justify the price, imho, and that would have left them enough time to really nail the radiation gameplay down. 

As to what's next, I have no clue.  I believe they've already ruled multiplayer out, so that leaves very little in the way of expansion-worthy ideas.  Hazards and disasters could work, but that's not something that's going to appeal to everyone (especially newer or more casual players).  Robotics might be fun, but it would be a pretty superfluous addition to the game.  Invasions would fundamentally change the nature of the game, and might devolve it into a de facto tower defense game.

All I know is I'm on board no matter where we're going next.

4 hours ago, goboking said:

All I know is I'm on board no matter where we're going next.

image.png.755d1ea1a0c57e79c9a727ff03db5c46.pngYEAH ! :razz:image.thumb.png.5c6d3b5deba184ea791f7fe28694102f.png

Rumor - CoOp has been postponed to DLC7 in 2032 and will be called "The FPS Kraken"

What else happens in 2032 :confused: ...babba puts the new Intel 1992000K CPU in to the ONI computer.

7 minutes ago, cpy said:

I'd pay for multithreading DLC for sure.

Nah, we'll rather get it as ONI 2: Multithreading Boogaloo, followed by ONI 3D Forever and ONI 4D Chess.

Seriously though, after playing Spaced Out for a bit lot, what I am genuinely wish for it better balancing/game progression. I'm not sure if all rockets parts still require Steel but still, having basically only Pip egg shells for lime brings me currently despair. Likewise there is neither Natural Gas nor Oil. in sight (Forest Cluster).

Well, instead I have a crashed Satellite that sure gives enough and infinite Radiation (147 radbolts/cycle from one Generator) but I don't think that this is how it should work, I'd rather trade that for some Plastic and Steel.

Archived