About Winter's Feast

Do y'all think we'll get something new this year? Or is Wolfgang's rework too much of a resource sink for Klei to also care for Winter's Feast.

I think we'll get some new Merrymaker skins (as Snowfallen were last year, if I'm correct) as well as Celestial Champion ornament.

Idk about belongings' skins though, we didn't get anything for Hallowed NIghts. Obviously there's going to be a new Christmas-themed twitch drop, people have already data-mined it

I think i read somewhere that presents have a chance to give you these special potatoes and when you eat it you gain 1.2 movement speed or something but for only 1 second, and if you listen closley you can hear laughing in the background followed by a slurping of what can only be assumed to be tears.

Just now, sudoku said:

I think i read somewhere that presents have a chance to give you these special potatoes and when you eat it you gain 1.2 movement speed or something but for only 1 second, and if you listen closley you can hear laughing in the background followed by a slurping of what can only be assumed to be tears.

stop

I really hope they gonna add a wall skin to match the gingerbread fence/gate 

tbh, Klei doesn't need to add anything other than skin for the event, I'm so sick of ingame minigame that can only be enjoyed when you somewhere mid or lated game and might get sick of it after a few hours messing with them 

--------------

the first year Winter Fest already is a great/ best event 

it add 2 new mobs

add THE BEST BOSS, he is so good that Klei has to put him into the main game boss

a budget bundle wrap but just as powerful as the real one

a fun addition to the "nobody use" sleep mechanic that give you present

the best skin drop (ya rememeber thethat get worse overtime for some reason?)

----------------

NONE of the later event of following addition to next years winter fes can come close to the original 

34 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Do y'all think we'll get something new this year? Or is Wolfgang's rework too much of a resource sink for Klei to also care for Winter's Feast.

I think we'll get some new Merrymaker skins (as Snowfallen were last year, if I'm correct) as well as Celestial Champion ornament.

Idk about belongings' skins though, we didn't get anything for Hallowed NIghts. Obviously there's going to be a new Christmas-themed twitch drop, people have already data-mined it

I dont think saying Hallowed nights got no belongings is fair to say: Klei even mentioned they had plans specifically to try and get the Terraria update out in time for Hallowed Nights, so the November update (and tons of Terraria inspired skins) was the new skins for Hallowed Nights: I’m happy with Several of them: Spectral Brush, the Mad Science Lab & Darksword skins were absolute must haves for me & don’t even care for Terraria..

I doubt WF will have 20+ skins like That update did, BUT the Leaked Rabbit Hutch festive Twitch skin has me praying more festive skins are coming…

*sad Wurt hut and Pighouse noises*

Also I’m pretty sure Klei will do like they did with Wendy, give the rework a few weeks to get feedback: Tweak as needed till they have something THEY (not you or Me..) are happy with- Because they can’t please everyone.

They certainly try their dang best… I will give them that much credit, but there will always be disappointed players no matter how good (or awful) the Rework is. 
For me personally: my Least favorite Rework was Wigfrids and I’m not gonna lie it Irks me a little that Wolfgang can throw dumbells but Wigfrid got no cool special skill with her battle spear.

Which cycles back to my point: They can’t please everyone.

That said: That leaked skin is to freaking pretty NOT to have more festive decorations to go alongside it. :wilson_cry:

As Winter's Feast new in-game content? Most likely nothing (aside mentioned CC ornament).

Skins? Sure. Some Merrymakers indeed, possibly belongings (yet unlikely), plus that Twitch "leeching" watching one for Rabbit Hutch (sadly almost no-one builds nowadays Rabbit farms aside expensive BQ take-down and Spider squish-goodies thanks to its mob's nerf).

Centerpiece will be the Wolfgang's nerf mod copy-paste gym clicking-game ..."rework". Prepare popcorn to properly read Steam Forums comments for the Wolf-main "tears", it already started. Beaucoup de "winter cheer" inbound :chunky:

Beta branch leaked some strings that said we would get 6 new merrymaker skins. I have posted this in another thread before, but no one seems to notice it...

On 12/11/2021 at 11:41 AM, Cassielu said:

Wolfgang Skin: The Incredible Strongman

Kettle Bell skin for cave boulder, Elephant pack skin for piggypack, Potato Sack skin for fur roll, Hanging bar skin for drying rack

New Merrymaker Skin for Wilson, Willow, Wickerbottom, Wormwood, Wurt and Wanda

Winter's Feast Lantern will add to klei rewards

7 minutes ago, Eughstein said:

ah yes, skin on thing that usually mined or ignored

once I grabbed my beefalo and used him to take all the boulders from an archive entrance and arrange them neatly.

the result was so satisfying to look on:

29 minutes ago, Duck986 said:

once I grabbed my beefalo and used him to take all the boulders from an archive entrance and arrange them neatly.

the result was so satisfying to look on:

Nice!

I sometimes use the boulders to wall off monkeys in longer running worlds. Having a skin on them will make that even more satisfying!

49 minutes ago, Cassielu said:

...Kettle Bell skin for cave boulder...

Cave boulder skin, eh?

Am glad we can finally get boulder skins now, since all the valuable belongings, used a lot by players from early-to-late game, got nice skins too, long ago. Like: Rain Coat, Insulated Pack, Hibearnation Vest, Desert Goggles, Moggles, Chef Pouch, Nightmare Amulet, Lazy Forager, Chilled Amulet, Weather Pain, Morning Star, Houndius Shootius and more Tam o' Shanter variations. Marvelous! :encouragement:

8 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Cave boulder skin, eh?

Am glad we can finally get boulder skins now, since all the valuable belongings, used a lot by players from early-to-late game, got nice skins too, long ago. Like: Rain Coat, Insulated Pack, Hibearnation Vest, Desert Goggles, Moggles, Chef Pouch, Nightmare Amulet, Lazy Forager, Chilled Amulet, Weather Pain, Morning Star, Houndius Shootius and more Tam o' Shanter variations. Marvelous! :encouragement:

Tam o'Shanter actually got a new skin... That one which looks like your grandmother's woven hat

14 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Cave boulder skin, eh?

Yay, more DST forum salt! I need to learn to use it for cooking, it will save me some money.

1 hour ago, Cassielu said:

Beta branch leaked some strings that said we would get 6 new merrymaker skins. I have posted this in another thread before, but no one seems to notice it...

What are you talking about?

I do notice the merrymaker bundle set was changed to specify "original merrymaker set" instead of "complete merrymaker set", and that skin code was added for Cave Boulders. But I see no mentions of "Kettle Bell", "Elephant Pack", "Potato Sack", or "Hanging Bar"

Edit: Alright, I see they're in the chinese files specifically, thanks :)

2 hours ago, Cassielu said:

New Merrymaker Skin for Wilson, Willow, Wickerbottom, Wormwood, Wurt and Wanda

After having confirmed its true I cannot express how excited I am for a new Willow skin. AAAAAAAAAAAA
Also the others are cool too! But Willow's my gal!

I wish klaus would drop gift wrap blueprints instead of bundle wraps (regardless of the winter feast event being on or off).

It's a very good item and a very nice alternative to bundles. And you already get to keep it in the worlds after crafting it during winter feasts which just doesn't feel fair to people missing the event. Getting flutes from trees and killing klaus more is not the same as not having a very powerful item in the game, because you haven't been around during certain time,  or don't want to temper with the world settings. 

Also, gift wraps being used to dump trash into the ocean and ruining environment is exactly what constant needs. 

Archived