[Poll] On Bosses V2

hdhsbfhfjskskksksjsjdjejeiiririowpaksjdnfndndjis  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Which bosses did you find the hardest to beat?

• Treeguard
    • Spider Queen
    • Deerclops
    • MGoose
    • Dragonfly
    • Bearger
    • Ancient Guardian
    • Klaus (Normal and Enraged)
    • Bee Queen
    • Antlion
    • Toadstool (Misery and Normal Forme)
    • Shadow Pieces
    • Ancient Fuelweaver
    • Malbatross
    • Crab King
    • Lord of The Fruit Flies
    • Celestial Champion (All 3 Phases)
    • Eye of Terror
    • Spazmatism and Retinazer
  2. 2. Which bosses have the most creative methods for you to beat them with?

• Treeguard
    • Spider Queen
    • Deerclops
    • MGoose
    • Dragonfly
    • Bearger
    • Ancient Guardian
    • Bee Queen
    • Antlion
    • Shadow Pieces (All 3 of them)
    • Ancient Fuelweaver
    • Malbatross
    • Crab King
    • Eye of Terror
    • Retinazer and Spazmatism
  3. 3. Which bosses have the best mechanics to you?

• Treeguard
    • Spider Queen
    • Deerclops
    • MGoose
    • Dragonfly
    • Bearger
    • Ancient Guardian
    • Bee Queen
    • Antlion
    • Shadow Pieces (All 3 of them)
    • Ancient Fuelweaver
    • Malbatross
    • Crab King
    • Eye of Terror
    • Twins of Terror
  4. 4. Which bosses have the best aesthetic design?

I like them, I particularly like the ones with unique gameplay elements involved, but I still feel like it’s unfair Solo & a Cakewalk with more then 3 players.

I wish the bosses had a Dynamic Content Scaling system so it’s a fair fight regardless of if one player is fighting it.. or one hundred. & By Dynamic Content I mean more then just it’s health and damage, it should also have new abilities or less abilities.

For example: Toadstool wouldnt be as much of a hassle if it could only grow 3-4 spore cap trees when playing Solo instead of all the trees it currently grows- with the intent you’ll have a party of more than 1 to deal with them all.

That said: I love the small things like the Ice & Fire craters during the Klaus fight or the Larvae that spawn in Dragonfly’s fight.

Just wish I could enjoy that content more often without feeling “punished” for not playing “Together..”

2 hours ago, NightfallsCurse said:

None of them are hard

Pin on Don't StarveTry telling that to 1 million Wilsons, as well as 8 million Wendies, 3 million Wigfrids, 800 thousand Webbers, 750K Woodies, 600K Wolfgangs, 500K WXes, 450K Winonas, 390K Walters, 300K Wandas, 260K Maxwells, 230K Wickerbottoms, 220K Wortoxes, 190K Willows, 130K Wormwoods, 80K Warlys and 36K Wurts and 25K Wesses they claimed the lives of just this week.

On 12/4/2021 at 6:24 AM, catxd02 said:

It bothers me that the poll first call the Twins by their Terraria names, but then it swaps their positions, then it's changed to their Dst names and finally the pool just call them The Twins.

On 12/4/2021 at 9:58 AM, Cheggf said:

You keep changing what you call the Twins!

good

*Edit: idk why that bothered you and the poll title didnt

1. Bee Queen - I can not and will not ever beat this fight without catapults or Abigail.

Toadstool - Even with cheese this fight can be hard, freezing it with flingomatics just gives a little bit of time to chop the trees, and sometimes I still run out of axes/weapons.

Ancient Fuelweaver - I can probably do it without cheese, it's just a tough (but mostly fair) fight with a lot of micromanagement.

Crab King - screw fighting this boss without bees. I did it once without cheese as Wanda and never again. Worst part is easily the claws combined with the boat only having a measly 200 hp.

Celestial Champion - it was a really long fight with a ton of endurance. I did it as Wendy on a beefalo without Abigail, and the fight never felt unfair.

2. I interpreted this question as "which bosses do you cheese", so I picked the same bosses as question 1 minus celestial champion.

3. Dragonfly, klaus, toadstool, shadow pieces, fuelweaver, champion. 

4. Almost all of them.

10 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Pin on Don't StarveTry telling that to 1 million Wilsons, as well as 8 million Wendies, 3 million Wigfrids, 800 thousand Webbers, 750K Woodies, 600K Wolfgangs, 500K WXes, 450K Winonas, 390K Walters, 300K Wandas, 260K Maxwells, 230K Wickerbottoms, 220K Wortoxes, 190K Willows, 130K Wormwoods, 80K Warlys and 36K Wurts and 25K Wesses they claimed the lives of just this week.

390k Walters is surprising, given how unpopular he is

9 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

good

Based.

I love me a Klaus fight - it's somewhat dynamic, doesn't take an unreasonable amount of time and opening the loot stash and subsequent bundles adds some fun suspense, no matter how many spiderhats I get. Also, looking for the loot stash is kind of fun and getting a krampus sack on your first Klaus kill in a world is a great feeling. All around cool boss.

My first ever Klaus kill took me like 30 perogies (lol) but I ended up with a krampus sack, bee queen helmet and a bundling wrap blueprint - kind of remarkable. I've never received that combination of loot from a Klaus battle since. 

Looking forward to fighting him more during Winter's Feast.

Most bosses in the game could use some love just like the survivor refreshes.

In the Don’t Starve Tales: Inevitable music video, the Treeguard traps the survivors with a wall of trees similar to Antlion. This makes up for Treeguard's slow speed, and feels very thematic with the forest working together towards revenge. This should really be in the actual game. Normal trees that wack/grab you when near a Treeguard would also be very in theme.

38 minutes ago, Warpspeed10 said:

Most bosses in the game could use some love just like the survivor refreshes.

In the Don’t Starve Tales: Inevitable music video, the Treeguard traps the survivors with a wall of trees similar to Antlion. This makes up for Treeguard's slow speed, and feels very thematic with the forest working together towards revenge. This should really be in the actual game. Normal trees that wack/grab you when near a Treeguard would also be very in theme.

Yeah except all this content still needs to be doable solo, why do you think the majority of the bosses are tucked away in some obscure corner of the map somewhere that requires doing a certain “thing” to summon? It’s because they don’t want to have them just storming into your base: There’s a difference between being an uncompromising game, and being one that’s borderline unplayable without playing “Together..”

Thats what Klei has to watch out for when reworking bosses/content it has to be completely accessible for Solo play.

And some certain things could really use some TLC when it comes to being accessible to the player- be that if your playing with one player or 100..

Archived