So the new skin drop

Apparently its for the Deck Illuminator (The lantern you put at the Mast/Sail), wish it was a Lantern ._. 

I dont play Terraria so idk if this is a skin based on something of that game, but apparently it drops with the Terraria Crossover, so i guess it is. 

image.png.a75b176dfd071f0139e5425776d52d34.png

2 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

Unless people can get the drop for watching streams on Terraria's end...

RIP anyone who watches terraria streams over DST.

You can just leave a window open and turn off the volume while the stream is on. 

That way you can do anything else. 

2 minutes ago, -Variant said:

I hope they get buffed.
They're not even as good as Campfires stat wise, they also can't be cooked on either.
I'd love to use them more but they just feel like sinks at the moment.

Well.. they make good street lamps without having to fight some over-sizes high health frog. ;) 

11 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Where did you get it?

I legit cant find any info about it being a new drop am i blind or did it got burried?

As for Terraria it doesn't look like anything from that game.

It got shared on a FB community im part off, apparently it came from a spanish(?) youtuber that revealed the info about it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ3XmikMaZlfpkbh9cIq1WQ/community?lb=Ugkxu2Pjj5ubVAqmJJIBXX_VO7Yan0FnclSS

Cool to see the boat crafts getting more skins.  I'm making another jump into boating and would love the variety.  What I'd love more though is for the illuminator to be worth crafting.  imo it should provide a much greater light radius.  Even building it centrally on your boat its lighting is abysmal.  Perhaps it should be a direction light cone that illuminates a little around it, but distant in the direction the sails are facing, giving you at least a screen quadrant of light.  I'd also like something be done to make it work more like a flingo, where you can fuel it, and turn it on and off.  Its so bad to dump fuel into that thing now as it gives small radius and little duration.  tbh I just drop lamps :\ 

1 hour ago, -Variant said:

I hope they get buffed.
They're not even as good as Campfires stat wise, they also can't be cooked on either.
I'd love to use them more but they just feel like sinks at the moment.

2x duration compared to a campfire for the same fuel amount sounds like a decent starting point, so it would probably be worth trading just light instead of a firepit (which also gives heat and cooking). I think the devs overestimated "not using up boat's space" as value.

Finally! Another nautical skin that's actually for a boat structure! I must say this looks really nice! 

I actually always build these on the other masts that don't have the lightning rod. Purely for cosmetic reasons since their power is poo. They should last twice as long as a campfire at the cost of never implementing a cooking function on it (my furnace does that anyways). 

Edit: To add something different to what ShadowDuelist said, if they have the same burning rate as campfires, then we should be able to turn them off at will.

40 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

Cool to see the boat crafts getting more skins.  I'm making another jump into boating and would love the variety.  What I'd love more though is for the illuminator to be worth crafting.  imo it should provide a much greater light radius.  Even building it centrally on your boat its lighting is abysmal.  Perhaps it should be a direction light cone that illuminates a little around it, but distant in the direction the sales are facing, giving you at least a screen quadrant of light.  I'd also something be done to make it work more like a flingo, where you can fuel it, and turn it on and off.  Its so bad to dump fuel into that thing now as it gives small radius and little duration.  tbh I just drop lamps :\ 

lanterns oddly have a much larger light radius rendering using this thing at all mostly useless- it’s even WORSE when you can’t Zoom the map outward like you can on PC so you just sort of smash into stuff in the pitch black of night.

Hopefully this thing getting a skin means it’ll also be looked at for improvements.

On another note... What in the world is going on at Klei? Did Peter get drunk and add all of the skins waiting for implementation to the loot pool? How many more skins are going to get leaked?

Not that I'm complaining.

Oh never mind the guy right out leaked it. My bad Peter.

Chale hijo, eso esta bien padre nada de mm. O sea like, muy cool. 

6 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

On another note... What in the world is going on at Klei? Did Peter get drunk and add all of the skins waiting for implementation to the loot pool? How many more skins are going to get leaked?

This was not leaked. It was a sneak peak from Klei Ambassadors.

Just now, Empa505 said:

I wish it could be a skin for both lantern and a deck illuminator, just like spear skins are also for ice/fire staffs

Spear skins double as ice/fire staff skins, because the ice/fire staves actually use the spear as a crafting material.

That is not the case with Lanterns and Deck Illuminators.

Archived