So the new skin drop

3 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

Spear skins double as ice/fire staff skins, because the ice/fire staves actually use the spear as a crafting material.

That is not the case with Lanterns and Deck Illuminators.

Yes, but i feel like they are similar enough. Of course it doesn't work with all skins, but with this one i feel like it could be possible.

Is a deck illuminator integrated on a mast a separate object or both work as one in the game? I want to know if you could just use a clean sweeper to change the skin instead of hammering/deconstructing a malbatross mast to change the illuminator skin to place it all again.

1 minute ago, DelroyBM said:

Is a deck illuminator integrated on a mast a separate object or both work as one in the game? I want to know if you could just use a clean sweeper to change the skin instead of hammering/deconstructing a malbatross mast to change the illuminator skin to place it all again.

I think we're gonna have to wait till the update actually comes out for the answer to that question, as right now the deck illuminator probably lacks the skin functionality completely.

2 hours ago, DelroyBM said:

Hitting the mast with Clean Sweep already changes mast color, so having it change both mast and Illuminator may cause issues- I recommend just crafting a new one. But it really is pretty enough to be Lantern, the good news is- Nautical Collection isn’t over yet so there’s still hope of getting a unique lantern that fits the theme (maybe even that looks prettier if possible!)

As for Spear skins- yes I would love a Nautical Collection version of those as well.. but Spears unfortunately aren’t very useful because they’re quickly outclassed by better weapons.. I keep begging for a way to upgrade Spears.. (Ice/Fire Staffs don’t count & some of those like Canadians chest even visually change the appearance of the skin)

Archived