Steam Market Heirlooms "Exploit"

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Meanwhile I’m sitting here laughing at the fact Klei can reverse 3 months worth of transactions in the game- this will be fixed and your inventories all reverted back 

even you have been with the game long enough to know klei doesn't punish people. infact they usually turn exploits into features

I was really surprised that Klei decided to give the heirloom skins for this drop rather than just elegant.

Partly because they have a much higher spool value and partly because they can be traded. This results in people doing exactly this.

To be clear, I don’t think this is a problem, just surprised Klei chose it as it probably hurts their bottom line. I believe they’ve been moving away from tradable skins partly because they make a lot more selling them directly. Nome has also mentioned they restrict certain things to keep accounts from being stolen/sold (such as gifting spool).

image.thumb.png.273bb057729394796b53473b4385dab7.png

Soooo.... I might have overdone things a bit and bought everything thats bolted down with spools.

Yes, those are all full of weaved objects, with a little bit of spool left to spare. (it was mostly averaged at 30% yesterday :^) )

RIP Market tho

41 minutes ago, Valak said:

image.thumb.png.273bb057729394796b53473b4385dab7.png

Soooo.... I might have overdone things a bit and bought everything thats bolted down with spools.

Yes, those are all full of weaved objects, with a little bit of spool left to spare. (it was mostly averaged at 30% yesterday :^) )

RIP Market tho

I'm curious how much money did you spend on them...

*plays sad violin music like those tv commercials you see that try to pull on your heart strings* 

Just remember that by doing this you don’t help support Klei and all the hard work they do, there will be a bunch of hungry Klei staff who will go without a Thanksgiving Turkey this year because things like this have happened.

so have a heart- even if you have all the skins in the game now & more spools then you’ll ever be able to use: Do the right thing & buy extras from Klei anyway.

Help the Klei Devs put Thanksgiving Dinner on their families tables. 

55 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

*plays sad violin music like those tv commercials you see that try to pull on your heart strings* 

Just remember that by doing this you don’t help support Klei and all the hard work they do, there will be a bunch of hungry Klei staff who will go without a Thanksgiving Turkey this year because things like this have happened.

so have a heart- even if you have all the skins in the game now & more spools then you’ll ever be able to use: Do the right thing & buy extras from Klei anyway.

What are you even going on about?

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

What are you talking about? Do you know how they work?

If they gave us tradeable halloween skins, then they had a reason and a possibility to do so. We should be grateful for being able to stockpile spools for future skins for very damn low prices. Klei work for community most of their time, so if you want to buy skins directly from Klei - go ahead, if you want to buy them from community market - go ahead. If you can't afford yourself to buy them - no need to rant on forums or gloat over others about that.

Please, please, let everyone do what they want, it's their money and they decode what should they do with them, a'ight?

P.S.: they still receive 5% or 10% of the money you spend on community market purchases

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

It was a joke.. some people don’t get jokes. *shrugs* 

It's kind of hard to consider this

13 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

a joke.

But I'll keep that in mind from now on.

Archived