Steam Market Heirlooms "Exploit"

Don't know if that interests someone but there's people selling the new heirloom skins they got for free for very low prices that it's basically much cheaper to buy these ones and unravel them (heirlooms grants the full price when unraveling, 1350 spools) to weave new ones than buying from the ingame shop. I think Klei should pay some attention to this, as it can be bad for them i guess? 

I mean, it's a free market. It's also the same reason a wilson head went for 2,000 dollars at one point. I'm sure it will eventually go back to normal once the sudden influx of these skins dies down. I also think that people should be able to do whatever they seem fit with the skins they get, buy buying or randomly getting it, especially when said skins are proven to be renewable while the event continues.

11 minutes ago, Frashaw27 said:

I mean, it's a free market. It's also the same reason a wilson head went for 2,000 dollars at one point. I'm sure it will eventually go back to normal once the sudden influx of these skins dies down. I also think that people should be able to do whatever they seem fit with the skins they get, buy buying or randomly getting it, especially when said skins are proven to be renewable while the event continues.

I don't think the problem is the skins themselves rather the huge influx of spools. Someone can probably create multiple accounts and sell the skins for very cheap making Klei lose money on anything weavable. Now would be a good time and buy a lot of these and unweave them for any characters/skins they don't have unlocked rather than buy the characters/skins themselves. 

Or something like that idk I'm not on pc.

1 minute ago, Frashaw27 said:

Yes you can do whatever you want, but my point is: You can right now buy a new skin for like 1/4 the price without giving Klei any money for that (If i'm not wrong, everything stays with the user that sold and some taxes go directly to Steam). I don't think that would hurt Klei that much but it is something to consider.

36 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Now would be a good time and buy a lot of these and unweave them for any characters/skins they don't have unlocked rather than buy the characters themselves. 

I don't know if the prices are the same in all countries but in my case I can weave a new character buying two heirlooms for BRL 3,00 Brazillian Reais, that's literally half a Dollar.

3 minutes ago, xhyom said:

I don't know if the prices are the same in all countries but in my case I can weave a new character buying two heirlooms for R$3,00~ Brazillian Reais, that's literally half a Dollar.

How much is a character? In Brazilian Reais?

What I don't get is why do the Halloween costumes get Heirloom Elegant versions, but the other skins will never be seen again? It makes no sense for Wanda to have two variants of the same skin, while her other ones are just normal versions. I just don't get it:wilson_confused:

18 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Meanwhile I’m sitting here laughing at the fact Klei can reverse 3 months worth of transactions in the game- this will be fixed and your inventories all reverted back 

doubtful.  The marketplace is a long used tool for players to maximize their gains.  I've used it before to get some skins I wanted much cheaper than other ways.  These days I just buy Klei's bundle from them on release for convenience and to support Klei.  I don't think they mind either way though :\ 

Hmmm, this halloween is suprisingly good to stockpile spools on. Ngl I did the same by spending almost 300 RUB (~5$) for heirloom costume skins

Imagine - Klei releases new skin pack but nobody buys it because players can weave everything from it :kekw:

not gunna lie i did it when the skins were like 20-30 cents a pop this event and i now have nothing left to weave so yeah this is 100% the cheapest way to stockpile skins with spools normally your best deal is like 1 penny to get 10 spools this blows that ratio out of the water 

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Meanwhile I’m sitting here laughing at the fact Klei can reverse 3 months worth of transactions in the game- this will be fixed and your inventories all reverted back 

This is what i expect will happen. Getting tens of thousands of spools for a few bucks makes everything sold by klei useless. And even if their tax is 10% on trades, 10% on a few bucks is also useless.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

You mean that completely lawful, consensual, and honest purchases (and by extention, uses for said purchase) are going to be reverted because some people wanted to sell their items at low prices? That's what confuses me about this thread, Klei willingly gave players the ability to get an elegant skins, and gave them the ability to sell it. Just like stocks, some people capitalized on the sudden influx of cheap, valuable materials and got rich because of it. Plus, at the end of the day, we are essentially worrying about a game currency that was made so the skin system would be less pay to get the stuff you want. 

I would like to note that if Klei did revert back the changes, people would f***ing riot due to the spent money not being returned after the supposed reversion since the Klei devs have little to no control to how the marketplace works/operates besides shoving more skins in there every once in a while. Even if it was 2-3 dollars, I would be pissed because the money I spent was essentially taken away because some people got a little too crazy/zealous/greedy for using what the market was designed for.

Archived