Which character should receive the next refresh?

Who should get the next refresh?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who?

• WX-78
    • Wickerbottom
    • Maxwell
    • Wilson

Leaving Wolfgang aside since hes confirmed to be the next refresh in Dec. 

We are left with:

The heartless robot that forgot to make himself waterproof, WX-78

The sleep deprived granny, with the power of Zeus, Wickerbottom

The most dapper individual in the universe with an ego to go with, Maxwell

And the guy with a beard, Wilson

My vote goes to Maxwell, the main reason being, that he has issues more complicated than just being unbalanced (like WX who is strong as hell with nearly non-existent drawbacks), main one, his shadows farmers being obnoxious since they destroy everything near, such as decoration trees in your base, and his duelist being terrible.

Maxwell and Wilson should be HUGE Lore drops, Maxwell being the original villain of single player Dont starve and Wilson being the hero of solo DS that goes through 5 randomly generated worlds of Maxwells torture only in the end to “Forgive” Maxwell and trade places with him as the Nightmare Thrones Prisoner- Wilson had a reign on the Throne, what he created… what he did- I hope Klei expands on that with actual IN GAME LORE..

For example Klei adds a new mob to the game and Maxwell can examine it and have a quote like “I don’t remember creating this one.. this is new for even Me.”

And Wilson can have a examining quote “I DEFIANTLY Remember creating that.. we should probably back away slowly.”

It adds new content to the game, gives glimpses into what happened during Wilson’s reign etc…

So Maxwell (Main Villian of DS) 

And Wilson (The Hero who overcomes the villains challenges and trades places with him)

Rightfully DESERVE to be the last reworks.

Im personally hoping the next rework is Wickerbottom, but since Klei seems to go with the one most voted/talked about- I’d almost be willing to bet all my Money on WX78.

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wilson had a reign on the Throne, what he created… what he did- I hope Klei expands on that with actual IN GAME LORE..

Im pretty sure he got visited by Charlie shortly after his imprisonment so he didnt got to do anything.

In fact that spinoff mobile game (that looks terrible may i add) is what would have happened had Wilson remained in the throne and actually used his powers, (the game isnt canon)

10 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

For example Klei adds a new mob to the game and Maxwell can examine it and have a quote like “I don’t remember creating this one.. this is new for even Me.”

Bee Queen.

"I didn't make that one! Really!" 

6 hours ago, HellHeater said:

his duelist can kill antlion alone since antlion doesnt attack him if you are at the opposite side

I mean Antlion is a really gimmicky fight, and not exactly a hard one.

7 hours ago, BGinks said:

I really thought Wx would be the next one, until they confirmed Wolfgang as the next refresh. My bet is Wx is after. I'm just laughing at the time I'm voting, Wilson has no votes XD

He finally got one. 

As long as the WX-78 rework removes the ability to eat gears it'll be a fantastic rework.

The gear eating mechanic works in solo play because the only one you are affecting by doing so is yourself, but I think DST's WX should have some sort of replacement for this.

49 minutes ago, Lumberlocke said:

As long as the WX-78 rework removes the ability to eat gears it'll be a fantastic rework.

The gear eating mechanic works in solo play because the only one you are affecting by doing so is yourself, but I think DST's WX should have some sort of replacement for this.

my prediction is that Wx will be able to craft gears, or a new item like cogs at the cost of some health and gold/gems

28 minutes ago, BGinks said:

my prediction is that Wx will be able to craft gears, or a new item like cogs at the cost of some health and gold/gems

If anything i feel they may tweak his drawback too, cause they are non-existent right now, specially with how powerful WX is.

Just now, goblinball said:

Plenty of people play wx. While I do agree wx isn’t the best, they aren’t in need of a rework as much as wickerbottom, who is currently one of the most boring characters in the game.

wicker has more stuff than being wilson but inmortal, that is more boring and toxic in pubs since gears arent the most common resource in the surface

6 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

wicker has more stuff than being wilson but inmortal, that is more boring and toxic in pubs since gears arent the most common resource in the surface

Do... do you mean wx instead wicker?

Also, WX should get the rework next because their power is essentially have large stats and maybe go faster every once in a while, and is veeeerrry boring imo.

1 minute ago, Frashaw27 said:

Do... do you mean wx instead wicker?

Also, WX should get the rework next because their power is essentially have large stats and maybe go faster every once in a while, and is veeeerrry boring imo.

no. wicker has books with multiple uses meanwhile wx is a modded wilson that eat gears to be inmortal

and occasionally gets overcharged

toxic gameplay in multiplayer enviroment+boring gameplay wins versus everyother non reworked character

the only thing that can compete with this are maxwell workers since they destroy decorative resources from other players bases

Wormwood after the whole cast has been refreshed, even if its just for april fools. 

I'd like some lore and stuff that comes from characters being in the spotlight. May be too much to ask but I hope klei also buffs the bramble husk and gives the bramble trap more utility.

As for who probably deserves the next rework... Wx-78. Hes basically robot Wilson imo.

Both WX and Wicker aren't in a great place, but WX needs it more, in his current state he can't give anything to a team, in any way. Which inherently isn't a problem, but instead he actively consumes one of the most important resources in the early game, and gives nothing in return. At least Wicker can help the team in nice ways (More supportive books would be fun). Maxwell currently works plenty fine, and can wait the time while the others get patched up. Wilson will probably be with Maxwell, as they're basically as tight as it gets story wise.

I played WX-78 for a long time in one of my servers, and I can Say perfectly that they need something to be interesting and fun, right now their only purpose is to just eat gears and get struck by lightning every once in a while. I love their skins and examinations but playing as them is SOOOO boring. 

Also I Want the Guest Of Honor WX Skin, Because it's so Damn EXPENSIVE in the community market right now, like what the hell? 

Archived