What are your preferred World settings for world/land generation ?

So I was about to create a world and stop thinking what would be the best or better world map generation ?

I'm talking about the branch and loop settings from the world customization menu.

Do you set this to maximum/more or less/none one of this settings ? Do you like to set the world map to be bigger ? 

2 hours ago, BigPoppaFresh said:

I use the 'Do my map!' mod to make sure I have the triple mactusk setpiece cause I love the walking cane that much

Sadly Im on console so I depend totally on the system generation

2 hours ago, Dr.Medic said:

most branches makes the world a bit more special feeling

I will take that in mind.

2 hours ago, Dollmaker said:

I just go with the default settings, outside of turning off Wildfires cause they SUCK

I cannot agree more on that last sentence.

3 hours ago, DaZoul said:

default's perfect for me

Is been a while since I have start a world with the default settings. Im gonna try that out too today.

Less on food sources like carrots, berry bush etc.. TONS on things I need to kill for food sources- like Tallbirds, Saladmander, Etc.. I also set nightmares to more & day settings to less so there’s more Sanity drain.

Let this be a lesson: Just because someone enjoys playing as Wendy, doesn’t mean they don’t also enjoy a good challenge- maybe I just like Wendy’s cosmetics and personality?

I believe that JoeW said something in a post awhile back about a future QoL that I swear I can’t find anymore… (maybe it was deleted?) that more world Gen settings were coming, it was around the time he teased a “Substantially sized QoL” but I can’t find that post anywhere now. I’m incredibly hopeful that if a substantially sized QoL is coming they will be diving deep into that though- like: giving us NEW world Gen options (such as breaking cluster of biomes up into Archipelago islands) 

Of course, I could’ve just DREAMT all that.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Less on food sources like carrots, berry bush etc.. TONS on things I need to kill for food sources- like Tallbirds, Saladmander, Etc.. I also set nightmares to more & day settings to less so there’s more Sanity drain.

Let this be a lesson: Just because someone enjoys playing as Wendy, doesn’t mean they don’t also enjoy a good challenge- maybe I just like Wendy’s cosmetics and personality?

I believe that JoeW said something in a post awhile back about a future QoL that I swear I can’t find anymore… (maybe it was deleted?) that more world Gen settings were coming, it was around the time he teased a “Substantially sized QoL” but I can’t find that post anywhere now. I’m incredibly hopeful that if a substantially sized QoL is coming they will be diving deep into that though- like: giving us NEW world Gen options (such as breaking cluster of biomes up into Archipelago islands) 

Of course, I could’ve just DREAMT all that.

Im wishing they expand more the ocean, like adding more islands, you know, giving the whole ocean part fo the game far more relevance.

Im not saying Shipwreck stuff cause that thing has its own mechanics made for that world, such has the whole ocean mechanics being different. 

But you know, making the ocean more interesthing.

18 hours ago, SonicDen220 said:

Reeds on more, sea stacks on less.

I actually never noticed there was an option for that. For sea stacks I mean. I turned off and ready to go off for sailing to see if the sea is cleaner, sort of speaking.

Increasing the number of loops is good if you want the world to feel smaller and the biomes to feel closer. This is worthwhile if you plan to base in a specific biome (eg. basing in the swamp as Wurt).

Otherwise, I usually play default. I quite like the idea of turning branches off and loops to max to create a ring world, but I've never actually stuck with one.

About branches, size and world loops depenss of my mod when i create the world. Most of the time i play default

But lately im enjoyning changing some settings to more like berry bushes, lobters, ocean fish, sanity monsters, anenemies, cactis and bee hives to make the world look prettier and to have more choices when building and wont hurt that much when i destroy some of them because block builds or make roads uglies. The sea looks a lot more beautiful with more ocean fish and the sanity monsters to spice it a little but i didnt notice any difference, not sure if is bugged or not so noticeable

Huge world, allways looped and random branching. Circle shaped world if possible, with at least one waterlogged biome in the middle and ofc with all the necessary setpieces (reed trap, tall fort, dev graveyard etc.). Oh and the only thing I allways disable is forest petrification :)

On 10/23/2021 at 8:36 PM, Mx-Pain said:
On 10/23/2021 at 6:13 PM, BigPoppaFresh said:

I use the 'Do my map!' mod to make sure I have the triple mactusk setpiece cause I love the walking cane that much

Sadly Im on console so I depend totally on the system generation

The failed survivors toggle is actually for ALL setpieces not just failed survivors so turning it to more will increase the chance of getting a setpiece like the triple mactusk biome.

Failed Survivors
Set Pieces Settings Icon.png
Determines the amount of naturally spawning Set Pieces.
Available options are none, less, default, more and lots.

1 hour ago, I am Armor said:

The failed survivors toggle is actually for ALL setpieces not just failed survivors so turning it to more will increase the chance of getting a setpiece like the triple mactusk biome.

i wish it was split into 2 toggles. I love set pieces but, even if i really enjoy the fallen survivors loot (is the few things that changes when we create a world...) but i wont be confortable if the world is filled with free loot just for trying to generate a cool map

Lots to mactusks with faster respawn,  and just more to reeds, more to cactii, more to beached kelp

Since I host a dedicated server and there’s usually a lot of people from the server’s group there, plus randoms, default tusks makes nearly impossible for most people to get a cane and a tam.

Also after the experience of hundreds of worlds we came to the conclusion that reeds, cactii and kelp in semi-controlled worlds like that, tend to be burned (both accidentally and purposely) and slowly lost over time, so getting a poor/bad worldgen on those would cause to quickly lose them all. “More” guarantees that they can last an average world’s playtime (about 1000 days)

18 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i wish it was split into 2 toggles. I love set pieces but, even if i really enjoy the fallen survivors loot (is the few things that changes when we create a world...) but i wont be confortable if the world is filled with free loot just for trying to generate a cool map

The failed survivors aren't everywere if you set it to more. It's enough that you may think that there's an unusual amount them but not that they're everywhere

Archived