What are your preferred World settings for world/land generation ?

Reeds and anenemies set to more because what you get is what you get.

World is set to: loop always and branch never, so I can sail the inner ocean of my world as I travel from biome to biome with a furnace and fridge 24/7. With multiple winged sails its much faster than walking and I have two chests worth of inventory space.

Everything else is default and it was pretty hard to convince myself to set reeds and anenemies to more.

18 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Reeds and anenemies set to more because what you get is what you get.

World is set to: loop always and branch never, so I can sail the inner ocean of my world as I travel from biome to biome with a furnace and fridge 24/7. With multiple winged sails its much faster than walking and I have two chests worth of inventory space.

Everything else is default and it was pretty hard to convince myself to set reeds and anenemies to more.

Are there any chances to get the lunar island spawn in the middle ?

On 10/23/2021 at 2:18 PM, HumanBean150 said:

I have never considered messing with the sea stacks generation. 

But now you mention it, that would make sailing so much more enjoyable.

Maxwell with 3 mining minions can clear sea stacks about as fast as you approach them with 1 sail.  Just stand at the helm and wear a blindfold, try your luck !!

6 minutes ago, Mx-Pain said:

Will that generate them as a circle too ?

You actually get 2 half circles.  One with all of the grass lands, the complete psudoscience station with 2 bishops set piece, and the ancient guardian.  The other half circle is all of the ruins, mud lands, and atrium (attached).

I haven't done this since the archives was added so I'm not sure where they'll show up...

7 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

You actually get 2 half circles.  One with all of the grass lands, the complete psudoscience station with 2 bishops set piece, and the ancient guardian.  The other half circle is all of the ruins, mud lands, and atrium (attached).

I haven't done this since the archives was added so I'm not sure where they'll show up...

Pic or it didn't happen.

48 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Pic or it didn't happen.

As I said I haven't done this since before the archives.  I loaded up a map just now - looks like some things changed.  A bit more of the ruins came with the AG and full station set pieces, but not much.  The atrium isn't attached anymore, but its wedged close enough to easily teleport to.  The archives is on the other end of that, with the AG and full station between, and only like 1 other ruins set piece.  The rest of the ruins is on the other half circle which includes the lunar grotto - very far away from the archives.  There is also an island.

This is just one generation - there may be some variance.

Spoiler

dst-caves-loop-always-branch-none.thumb.jpg.60d289bd97b54ab0152de41a4750edc4.jpg

1 hour ago, Shosuko said:

I try to set both, caves and land to loop always and branches to none. And now the game doesnt generate. It got stuck. Do you guys have this problem ?

I tried to change the world settings very early

Before the archives were updated, the world without forks was pretty good,not so good now

In previous versions, there may be three types of maps without forks:

Strip

Ring

Double ring (the ring map is disconnected, by the atrium)

The world is divided into two parts

No fork + always loop=Ring(&Double ring

Half of it is stairs and grassland + ruins()

The other half is silt, monkey + mine + mushroom forest

Now, because the archives has only one aisle connected to other areasIf the archive is not at the beginningthere will be more breaks in the world

And the maze is floating, not a low probability(the archives are often with the maze

Or a ruin is suspended

If there is no floating area double ring or variant of double ring is an excellent map,because there are main roads, it’s easy to explore

Map law

Ruins (at least two pieces), bunny houses, mixed areas, swamps, and mazes are independent, and the stairs are attached to these areas,they took half of the map.Archives with only one aisle are independent  with a high probability of being at the front end of this half

Moss, fluorescent fruit, monkeys, mines, and mushroom forests without stairs take the other half,he fluorescent fruit area is always at the end of this half

More details are not mentioned

If you get stuck while spawning the worldgo to find the archive location,Open the server_log in the cave folder

\(number)\Cluster_1\Caves

Pull the text to the end to view the startup log. This file is not refreshed in real time. You must reopen it to view the latest information.

Stuck in the generated world is generally a problem with the cave worldIf you see a short sentence at the end, and there are “tags”, you don’t have to wait, restart the world

typical map

20211028155306-1.thumb.jpg.e68df4d96af29537f7edfae5ff5cc1bf.jpg

For my personal sanity I go with default but hound attacks are put to less, frog rains put to less, petrification to slow and twiggy tree regrowth to none.

I also turn off grass geckos once I get my 1st batch. No reason to not pick up replanted grass that's not in a cage.

Also if the world turns into a megabase one I turn Deerclops to little, summer and winter to short and autumn to very long. To enjoy the sandbox

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

I also turn off grass geckos once I get my 1st batch. No reason to not pick up replanted grass that's not in a cage.

You can have grass planted near them to prevent more gekkos spawning in case you feel lazy to close and open the game to change it

Edit. I mean that i prevents more gekkos from the grass planted near them. Is what i do to decorate their pen and to have a guaranteed number of grass to pick

3 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

You can have grass planted near them to prevent more gekkos spawning in case you feel lazy to close and open the game to change it

Edit. I mean that i prevents more gekkos from the grass planted near them. Is what i do to decorate their pen and to have a guaranteed number of grass to pick

I meant planting decorative grass in a setpice or something you're building, which you might happen to harvest somewhere in the future/when you're low on grass.

Archived