[Game Update] - 481935

45 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Thank you.

Infused Moon Shards last for 1.5 days now(from 90 seconds), and Moongleams last for 2 days on the ground, and 160 days in a inventory/container. For those who are curious.

Woah, that's a big change to the Moon Shards.

Not complaining though, now it's finally at least (more) possible (if not plausible) to start CC without killing Bee Queen first.

• Big Ups 1

Just now, Dr.Medic said:

image.png.62f92a1c33ea1f8a768dbfe374f23094.png

this or what else you think i used words on?

sorry I am just confused and hence asking what you mean by "stupid has been defeated". you mean the stupid bug has finally been removed?

To be fair the more I think about it, the more it seems reasonable that such a bug was removed due to players being confused and multiple forum posts being sent, and I can't say much on forum posts as I am not usually active here.

59 minutes ago, IntegerNotFloat said:

sorry I am just confused and hence asking what you mean by "stupid has been defeated". you mean the stupid bug has finally been removed?

To be fair the more I think about it, the more it seems reasonable that such a bug was removed due to players being confused and multiple forum posts being sent, and I can't say much on forum posts as I am not usually active here.

yes i exactly mean that this stupid thing is gone

1 hour ago, zarklord_klei said:

A global change to the buff system has been made that allows every creature to get buffed from things like Warly’s spices.

this opens interesting ways of playing the game

great changes, we only need to make a little more noise about getting fossils from fw's loot :wilson_laugh:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

this opens interesting ways of playing the game

great changes, we only need to make a little more noise about getting fossils from fw's loot :wilson_laugh:

Quick question out of curiosity: Can't fossils be obtained from regenerating the ruins after killing fw either way? I usually don't play on endless servers so I don't know much about this, sorry. 

Just now, IntegerNotFloat said:

Quick question out of curiosity: Can't fossils be obtained from regenerating the ruins after killing fw either way? I usually don't play on endless servers so I don't know much about this, sorry. 

there is not any source of fossils in the ruins and the stalagmites dont get regenerated

i wish some resources could come back after many days so worlds cant be empty of the cool sprites this game has like stalagmites or beehives

• Like 1

1.5 days sound like enough time to bring 30 charge moon glass to CC fight without any wraps, awesome change. Thanks!

Heck, I can even grab the ones dropped from CC for a headstart for next CC kill :) (Usually it spoils so fast I don't even bother bundling them after killing CC, because I like watching Wagstaff does his things with his machine thing to the CC thing)

Edited by Spino43

1 hour ago, Sunset Skye said:

It's not a "change" it's... a bug fix. It's not a change to a feature or anything, it's a bug that was fixed.

Also, It absolutely did affect people. I've seen a decent amount of threads over the time I've been aware of this bug of, for example, people being confused as to how some random Wendy or Willow in their server was crafting battle helms. It definitely made things unclear and confusing for people not in on the whole thing.

Confusing people is the whole point of being harmless fun.
Plus I do that in my solo world cuz there are some characters that I do not like their design.

I literally bought some Wes skins just to use them with that command, but ofc they had to go and remove it instead of focusing on things that have been causing issues with the servers especially after the waterlogged update.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Primalflower said:

Hammering a moonrock wall still takes roughly 1/3 of the durability of the hammer in swings, could that be changed too?

We need a moon rock hammer that destroys all walls in a single swing. 

Please klei.

• Like 1
  • GL Happy 1

4 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:
  • Reverted the Cookbook crafting ingredients changes
  • Reduced the cost of crafting Moon Rock Walls
  • Moongleams and Infused Moon Shards now take longer to spoil.
  • Fixed a bug allowing the wardrobe to reskin your character to other characters skins.

Hmm, interesting little changes, here's my take aways:

> Moonrocks walls now require for moonrocks to craft 4 walls so the crafting recipe is in a great position now. Only issue is it still takes so many times to hammer existing moonrock walls so wish that gets toned down too. It'd also be great to have a Luxury hammer variant that is made with moonrocks instead of rocks- it'd make a pretty interesting lunar tab recipe. With many new uses to hammers, especially with the Reap What You Sow's giant crops, I really feel the need of sturdier hammers.

> Wow, moongleams already took very long now they'll take an eternity to perish. But I really low how Infused moon shards are no longer unreasonably fast spoiling. One side effect of this is that defeating celestial champion will no longer leave an absolute pitch black environment as the dropped infused glass will remain in its place without rotting.

> Now I know I was one of the more vocal people about the cookbook recipe but I don't think it needed a full revert. Now it's back to Papyrus + Carrot and requires science. Food tab is back to being invisible again. I think the change of making it visible from the get go was a very good change for the new players and cookbook made sense to be that scienceless recipe, my only qualm was with the nonsensical recipe for it- it truly didn't make any sense but it doesn't need to be such an all-or-nothing change. A new recipe like 4 Reeds, 1 Charcoal and 1 Cooked Red Cap would make perfect sense. I think it's overall a beneficial improvement to the game if a sciences but logical cookbook recipe allows players access to the Food tab and its tier 1 science recipes at all times. I can see players from so many different experience levels benefiting from such a change, from fresh installs getting a directional nudge about what to craft for food production to seasoned players using the tab to check the required ingredients for some more obscure items like mushroom planters from anywhere and make appropriate shoutouts rather than memorizing everything. Aesthetically it looks better when all tabs between Tools and Fighting are available from the get-go too. Right now food tab is just a weird emptiness between survival and science tabs. Overall I think Cookbook should be a scienceless craft but should have a good crafting recipe.

> I am rather happy that the Wardrobe glitch was finally fixed, sure it was mostly harmless fun for most of its users but it was a rather widespread method that didn't make sense could get annoying with relaying wrong info, especially new arrivals to a server seeking to play as characters different than the ones in the world.

• Like 8

• A global change to the buff system has been made that allows every creature to get buffed from things like Warly’s spices.

honey crystals don't seem to work on pigs. Is this a bug? Thank you for doing this btw. It made literally no sense that you had to feed yourself to get the buffs on a beefalo. Also garlic powder works now which is a really nice thing, thanks!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TitanicTigrex said:

It made literally no sense that you had to feed yourself to get the buffs on a beefalo. 

I mean, you still have to feed yourself to get the volt goat jelly buff on a beefalo. I honestly find this clunkier than the approach we had before chili you ate stopped affecting the beefalo.

Now, you have to make 2 foods to get the full 1.8-3.0x buff on a beefalo. You need to make a veggie dish with Chili Flakes and feed it to the beefalo for the 1.2x multiplier, then you need to make Volt Goat Chaud Froid and eat it yourself to get the 1.5-2.5x electric damage multiplier. (Beefalos cannot eat Goodies.)