[Game Update] - 481935

• Developer

Changes

• A global change to the buff system has been made that allows every creature to get buffed from things like Warly’s spices.
  • Reverted the Cookbook crafting ingredients changes
  • Reduced the cost of crafting Moon Rock Walls
  • Moongleams and Infused Moon Shards now take longer to spoil.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug causing mods between the server and client to desync when starting a server with a poor connection to steam.
    • Added additional logging to try and discover the cause of the “workshop-xxxxxxxx” in the mods menu bug, if you encounter this bug, please post a bug report with your client_log.txt.
  • Fixed a bug allowing the wardrobe to reskin your character to other characters skins.
  • Fixed a bug causing walters slowdown rounds to not work on phase 2 of the Celestial Champion.
  • Fixed a bug causing retargeting to not take into account whether the creature is dead.
  • Fixed a crash when dying from the Celestial Altar from hammering it during a moonstorm.
  • Fixed a bug causing Skitter Squids to go invisible when thawing out from being frozen in the water

View full update

• Like 18
  • Thanks 22
  • Health 1
  • GL Happy 1
  • Potato Cup 1

12 minutes ago, zarklord_klei said:

Moongleams and Infused Moon Shards now take longer to spoil.

Thank you.

Infused Moon Shards last for 1.5 days now(from 90 seconds), and Moongleams last for 2 days on the ground, and 160 days in a inventory/container. For those who are curious.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 4

Just now, Primalflower said:

Hammering a moonrock wall still takes roughly 1/3 of the durability of the hammer in swings, could that be changed too?

Yeah, if moonrock walls are being changed then I'd definitely like that too!! The original design iirc was that moonrock walls would be walls for pvp, so they take a TON of hammer hits to actually destroy. But that didn't ever really work out in practice, and now pvp isn't such a focus anymore, so I think it'd be a nice change if they were down to a few hammer hits like other walls.

• Like 3

On 10/14/2021 at 12:26 AM, zarklord_klei said:

Bug Fixes.

• Fixed a bug allowing the wardrobe to reskin your character to other characters skins

View full update

So basically you will remove the harmless bug used to mess around with people and ignore the ones that break the game? Don't remove it :'(

Edit: Reminder that the void gate is still a thing, but the SKIN "bug" was very bad for the game ofc... :/

Edited by Harambe
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, zarklord_klei said:

Fixed a bug allowing the wardrobe to reskin your character to other characters skins

??? This was a bug? Seemed more like a feature tbh. It was funny :wilson_cry:

Edit: I don't think anyone really minded it, I feel like more people will dislike this change than like it. Just a thought.

Edited by Bugsworth
forgot to mention something
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, zarklord_klei said:

Infused Moon Shards now take longer to spoil.

I cannot express how Nice this change is from shards spoiling at rates faster then the speed of light itself to a fast (but still very reasonable) rate.

40 minutes ago, zarklord_klei said:

Reduced the cost of crafting Moon Rock Walls

This too is very appreciated, thanks! : P

41 minutes ago, zarklord_klei said:
  • Fixed a bug causing walters slowdown rounds to not work on phase 2 of the Celestial Champion.
  • Fixed a bug causing retargeting to not take into account whether the creature is dead.

Also very nice combat changes! I’m very pleased with this update, as even if it didn’t add any “real” content, it helped fix up a few of the issues I had with the combat of DST.

• Like 3

Regarding the moon walls, maybe make so they are reinforced only on PvP servers?

Here's a modified snippet of the prefab file:

if data.name == MATERIALS.MOONROCK and TheNet:GetPVPEnabled() then
    inst.components.health:SetAbsorptionAmountFromPlayer(TUNING.MOONROCKWALL_PLAYERDAMAGEMOD)
end

inst.components.workable:SetWorkLeft(data.name == MATERIALS.MOONROCK and TheNet:GetPVPEnabled() and TUNING.MOONROCKWALL_WORK or 3)
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Harambe said:

So basically you will remove the harmless bug used to mess around with people and ignore the ones that break the game? Don't remove it :'(

Indeed, they seem to prioritize harmless bugs instead of the game breaking ones.

5 minutes ago, Bugsworth said:

??? This was a bug? Seemed more like a feature tbh. It was funny :wilson_cry:

Edit: I don't think anyone really minded it, I feel like more people will dislike this change than like it. Just a thought.

Without a doubt it did not seem to affect anybody. It didn't even feel like a bug considering you had to change a prefab via the console.

9 minutes ago, Bugsworth said:

I feel like more people will dislike this change than like it.

It's not a "change" it's... a bug fix. It's not a change to a feature or anything, it's a bug that was fixed.

Also, It absolutely did affect people. I've seen a decent amount of threads over the time I've been aware of this bug of, for example, people being confused as to how some random Wendy or Willow in their server was crafting battle helms. It definitely made things unclear and confusing for people not in on the whole thing.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Big Ups 2
  • GL Happy 1

2 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

It's not a "change" it's... a bug fix. It's not a change to a feature or anything, it's a bug that was fixed.

Also, It absolutely did affect people. I've seen a decent amount of threads over the time I've been aware of this bug of, for example, people being confused as to how some random Wendy or Willow in their server was crafting battle helms. It definitely made things unclear and confusing for people not in on the whole thing.

Did it cause any harm though? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zarklord_klei said:

Reduced the cost of crafting Moon Rock Walls

You are amazing beautiful people. :wickerbottomthanks:

Uhh, what's the cost for the walls now? I'm not at my computer to test it.

Edited by Owlrus
  • Health 1