What base size you prefer?

What base size you prefer?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Size

• Big (Those city like bases)
    • Medium (The average)
    • Small (Just the necessary)

Base? What base? No seriously what base?

Everything you could ever possibly need in this game can be crammed onto a single boat platform..

Now if your just want to build PRETTY then medium size is good, City is Overkill/too much time on your hands.. And Small- well Read the above boat platform comment.

Medium central hub (look, I like to have at least 24 drying racks, okay?), small satellite bases at points of interest, eventually a road network to link them together.  And a creeping suspicion that despite appearances, it's just a couple side projects short of a megabase.

I usually build about what I can fit in one flingo range.  I've built some that span a few screens worth before, but they weren't very cohesive bases.  Just an area for grass / twig farms, meat racks, etc that would be put further away from the crafting stations.  

I find the Graveyard, and I build my camp there. Only the essentials.
Until eventually my base is destroyed by a meteor because the graveyard almost 100% of the time eventually gets consumed by the ever-expanding-radius of the Meteor Field, and I'm forced to base-camp at either the Pig King or in the Oasis. 

I hate the Meteor Field. 

Please, please make the Developer Graveyard setpiece spawn more often. PLEASE.
Or even Maxwell's Graveyard. Any of the setpiece-cemeteries are better than the real one, because the real one is borderline always inside of a meteor field.

PLEASE CHANGE THIS, KLEI, I BEG OF YOU. 

Archived