[Game Update] - 481350

43 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

No difference in performance on my end.

What bothers me greatly when playing on version CS-469300 (the one just before the Merge that is available through Beta tab) even when i go overboard with amount of dupes and critters than my poor PC can handle my framerate drops only when looking at the busiest area and when zoomed out. When zoomed in or away from the busiest area frames are back to 60.

On any version after the Merge when my frames drop they stay "dropped" for good regardless where i look. Even looking at not yet uncovered areas made no difference.

I wonder why it's like that.

Oh well back to CS-469300 (PS: Please Klei don't ever remove that version from the Beta tab ^^)

Well my guide for older version would also work for all DLC builds but I didn't make those yet.

So I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere the entire time this has been in testing-
Am I just rolling bad seeds or were the variety of different types of geysers on the classic terra cluster reduced significantly?
I like to have a big home world with a wide selection of geysers (~10), but now it only ever rolls 4-5 at most. And none of the better ones like iron volcanoes or sulfur geysers.
If that's the intention of the update to encourage space exploration, I understand- I just don't get why there was no mention of this big change anywhere.

7 hours ago, Araphre said:

So I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere the entire time this has been in testing-
Am I just rolling bad seeds or were the variety of different types of geysers on the classic terra cluster reduced significantly?
I like to have a big home world with a wide selection of geysers (~10), but now it only ever rolls 4-5 at most. And none of the better ones like iron volcanoes or sulfur geysers.
If that's the intention of the update to encourage space exploration, I understand- I just don't get why there was no mention of this big change anywhere.

So I figured it out, the game now only shows the more special geysers on the starmap once you actually discover them.
I'm sure this was the intended behavior all along, but before this update, I could see every geyser type on a newly generated world just by viewing the starmap right after loading the game the first time.
The geysers are still there. Just a UI fix that I missed I guess.

7 hours ago, ALCRD said:

I don't understand. What does that have to do with my post?

Everything! Just read the topic and you'll know you can install ANY previous version of ONI. Beta tab is for noobs. Pros use depots to get any version they want. Guide provided in that topic.

To get this for other games you may need to use some steam guide to use steamdb to get depot codes.

12 hours ago, JarrettM said:

Added “storage full” automation output ports to buildings that store and consume Radbolts.

Was is intended to remove the automation input port on the diamond press at the same time? There used to be an enable/disable port at the bottom of the building. It was pretty handy since disabling the building made radbolts pass right through. The press could be lined up with other things needing radbolts like rockets without interfering. In general, enable/disable building automation ports are pretty nice to have.

Now, there is only the new port at the top that has to do with storage.

image.png.3095e296084b225c0abae012bf592f67.png

Edited by NeoDeusMachina
  • Like 4

1000 shine bugs and 10t compressed tiles of nuclear waste and its not enough to even stop the calories of dupes with the Radation Eater trait from lowering. At least they all have major radiation sickness and wont have to live in this hell anymore. I believe rads just increase the calories by 1 every few seconds or so. The amount of rads after a certain point doesnt seem to affect how many calories the dupe gets. Seems to be impossible to feed dupes on rads alone :(

image_2021-10-08_110110.png

Edited by TinyBolts
  • Haha 4
  • Sad Dupe 2
  • Potato Cup 1

12 hours ago, ALCRD said:

No difference in performance on my end.

What bothers me greatly when playing on version CS-469300 (the one just before the Merge that is available through Beta tab) even when i go overboard with amount of dupes and critters than my poor PC can handle my framerate drops only when looking at the busiest area and when zoomed out. When zoomed in or away from the busiest area frames are back to 60.

On any version after the Merge when my frames drop they stay "dropped" for good regardless where i look. Even looking at not yet uncovered areas made no difference.

I wonder why it's like that.

Oh well back to CS-469300 (PS: Please Klei don't ever remove that version from the Beta tab ^^)

True I noticed the same on a high end system for Oni before the merge I had a lot more frames like 30% more 

• Sad Dupe 1

5 hours ago, cpy said:

Everything! Just read the topic and you'll know you can install ANY previous version of ONI. Beta tab is for noobs. Pros use depots to get any version they want. Guide provided in that topic.

To get this for other games you may need to use some steam guide to use steamdb to get depot codes.

But i am already playing on a version before the Merge (i even mentioned it in that post) so i don't understand why you linking me your tutorial??

Not to mention no offense but your method is something i will never want to use.

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, 0xFADE said:

Nice.  Geoactive was my favorite trait.

From the artwork I was expecting some dupe based radiation mutations or something.

I can't roll a world with this trait.

Is it still active ?

Edit : it's only for classic world, is it ?

Edited by Caochu

Please fix Magma Channels completely erasing minor volcanoes in the volcanic biome since this destroys the starting world's only guaranteed source of magma and once it's opened the magma all quickly cools into rock.

7 hours ago, ALCRD said:

But i am already playing on a version before the Merge (i even mentioned it in that post) so i don't understand why you linking me your tutorial??

Not to mention no offense but your method is something i will never want to use.

Once they remove it from beta, that's when my stuff comes in.

Edited by cpy

12 hours ago, Araphre said:

So I figured it out, the game now only shows the more special geysers on the starmap once you actually discover them.
I'm sure this was the intended behavior all along, but before this update, I could see every geyser type on a newly generated world just by viewing the starmap right after loading the game the first time.
The geysers are still there. Just a UI fix that I missed I guess.

Yes. Initially you only see the assured geysers on the starmap.

9 minutes ago, cpy said:

Once they remove it from beta, that's when my stuff comes in.

Source of official Klei word that they will? Cause this beta isn't for testing it's just a version rollback to before the Merge Update. It's nothing like the "public testing" version. 

And some devs do leave legacy "betas" open forever or even include multipile build rollbacks. It's rare but it's not unheard of.

I don't recall Klei saying anything about removing or keeping it so it's unknown. 

Even if they will remove it i still won't use your method tho.

Edited by ALCRD

3 hours ago, ALCRD said:

Source of official Klei word that they will? Cause this beta isn't for testing it's just a version rollback to before the Merge Update. It's nothing like the "public testing" version. 

And some devs do leave legacy "betas" open forever or even include multipile build rollbacks. It's rare but it's not unheard of.

I don't recall Klei saying anything about removing or keeping it so it's unknown. 

Even if they will remove it i still won't use your method tho.

You can use steam console directly, you don't have to use that dotnet depot downloader. If that's what you're worried about.

13 hours ago, TinyBolts said:

1000 shine bugs and 10t compressed tiles of nuclear waste and its not enough to even stop the calories of dupes with the Radation Eater trait from lowering. At least they all have major radiation sickness and wont have to live in this hell anymore. I believe rads just increase the calories by 1 every few seconds or so. The amount of rads after a certain point doesnt seem to affect how many calories the dupe gets. Seems to be impossible to feed dupes on rads alone :(

image_2021-10-08_110110.png

This is the loveliest screenshot of 2021 in my opinion. Thanks for sharing this adorable, wonderful, epic picture of pure radioactivity joy. Winner of the Cherno Award 2021 !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Happy Hazard 1

3 hours ago, cpy said:

You can use steam console directly, you don't have to use that dotnet depot downloader. If that's what you're worried about.

I'm just going to say what they won't...Third Party Downloads seem like piracy to me.

And Honestly? I can't believe the moderators let you post that link to a suspect site...

Edited by Nysch

Great, I can't play with the mods I want, on the version I want - because you have new stuff.  No wonder Rimworld's population is so much higher consistently.  They allow people to play older versions while their favorite mods update.  It's space magic man, try it out.  I just lost a 1327 cycle colony because you guys have mandatory updates.  I shouldn't have to block steam, download a pirated copy of a game I already own and spend the day reconfiguring it so I can play a colony I had been playing for 200 hours.  In the world of software development we call that a failure.  If your users can't use your product the way they want to use it - they will use something else.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nysch said:

I'm just going to say what they won't...Third Party Downloads seem like piracy to me.

And Honestly? I can't believe the moderators let you post that link to a suspect site...

Oh no microsoft.com such shady site! Must avoid! Github? That's despicable! oxygennotincluded.fandom.com that should give people just posting this electric chair!

Logging to your steam account and downloading games you own? PIRACY! You must pay for each download! How dare you pay once and download it many times! *ding ding* SHAME! *ding ding*

2 minutes ago, Bombcat2015 said:

Great, I can't play with the mods I want, on the version I want - because you have new stuff.  No wonder Rimworld's population is so much higher consistently.  They allow people to play older versions while their favorite mods update.  It's space magic man, try it out.  I just lost a 1327 cycle colony because you guys have mandatory updates.  I shouldn't have to block steam, download a pirated copy of a game I already own and spend the day reconfiguring it so I can play a colony I had been playing for 200 hours.  In the world of software development we call that a failure.  If your users can't use your product the way they want to use it - they will use something else.

I wrote a guide exactly for that! You can download back ANY version you want, I just made it for major non spaced out versions.

I could add some spaced out versions but it feels like nobody would even want those.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bombcat2015 said:

to you even know how this mod stuff work at here ? this game don't have the some-sort special modding support, in here modders directly manipulates the game code, while games like factorio have special modding support where they need read full manual with the commands

On 10/7/2021 at 1:35 PM, JarrettM said:

And as always, some bug fixes!

Could we get a fix in the works for this old bug:

Spoiler

Edited by yoakenashi
Moved all links to bug reports inside spoiler to reduce post size :)
  • Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

On 10/8/2021 at 1:35 AM, JarrettM said:

UnexplainedTraitsNoText.png

Wait... isn't Marie supposed to be the one who is positively glowing because of radioactive isotopes? Or... maybe someone said something really, really nice to Hassan, he became so happy that he started positively glowing with positivity! Also why is Banhi wearing blue when her outfit is supposed to be green... :D

• Haha 2