Do you wanna add a pigmaaan?

Pig Poll  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a pig character in game?

• YES YES! OINK! (based)
    • No, i'm a mermlover (cringe)
  2. 2. If yes, who would you want it be?

• "Wilba" The Royal Adventurer
    • Different male pig character
    • Different female pig character
    • I said no.
  3. 3. If no, would you want another animal/monster character in game?

• Yes (Tell me in comments)
    • Nope, we have enough of non-human characters.
    • Nope, we have enough of characters.
    • I said yes.

I want bunnygirl because bunnygirl 

4 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Wilba could allows us to scalp her for some easy pig skin. That's a pretty big contribution to the team.

Speaking of teamwork, cannibalism back to the game when? 

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

If a Pig Character is to be added, it would be an Insult to Wilba fans to be anything OTHER than Wilba Herself..

What would made you think that? I'm not critising you, don't get me wrong but I think having a pig in team would fill the emptiness of Wilba in team. Also wilba is really DLC based character, just like Warbucks, Woodlegs and Walani is. They particurly made for those DLCs and can not be exist without them. Only characters that I think have possiblity to come back is Wheleer and Wilbur. I will write a thread about it and clearify what I'm talking. For now I just can say they is Wilba* is really hamlet based character.

12 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

You see, Don't starve is not a moba game, get it out of your head please

It really wouldn’t make any freaking difference whatsoever if smite was a MOBA, a shooter, a racing game or licensed sports game for the NBA-

My point still stands: It’s a large pool of playable characters each one with their own unique abilities, personalities, & playstyles.

Which puts it EXACTLY in the same category with DST.

The crazier the abilities, the closer it resembles DST actually.

My favorite character in Smite is one who deals more damage the closer she gets to dying..

Sound familiar yet?

10 minutes ago, Karitha said:

Only characters that I think have possiblity to come back is Walani and Wilbur

10 minutes ago, Karitha said:

Walani is really hamlet based character

Walani is character specifically made for SW, in order to even work in DST, she should be reworked for the same reasons as Wilba, Wilbur and others. Particularly, her surfboard should be reworked/replaced with something else because of different boat mechanics in DST, and Walani herself should receive more traits to benefit team and keep her interesting to play on the mainland, in caves, sea in the absence of SW-type waves.

Why do you think Walani and Wilbur have more chances than the others to be added?

6 minutes ago, Pig Princess said:

sniff

I'm really sorry, I'm on my sleeptime. I mean Wheleer and Wilbur are characters that have possibility to add. Like I said, I will write a thread about it on probably tomorrow. I have same arguments that would deserve another thread. I don't want to change thread's subject.

14 minutes ago, Pig Princess said:

Walani is character specifically made for SW, in order to even work in DST, she should be reworked for the same reasons as Wilba, Wilbur and others. Particularly, her surfboard should be reworked/replaced with something else because of different boat mechanics in DST, and Walani herself should receive more traits to benefit team and keep her interesting to play on the mainland, in caves, sea in the absence of SW-type waves.

Why do you think Walani and Wilbur have more chances than the others to be added?

Yeah see about that, you can play as any of the dlc characters outside of their respective DLCs in Solo DS once they’re unlocked in their respective dlcs, in fact I was having an absolute blast last night playing as Walani in Hamlet as you can see in my Spoiler:

Spoiler

476E7DED-26C5-4100-8F97-3518499D0B06.thumb.png.664f7b809856cb7f615f5070f37affb9.png

But this thread is not about Walani.. and it is about adding a playable Pigman type character (Aka Wilba)

It just makes me sad to see people suggesting things like “Allow Wurt to Swim” or “Add Funky New Playable Pig Character” when there are ALREADY characters in the franchise to fit those roles.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

It really wouldn’t make any freaking difference whatsoever if smite was a MOBA, a shooter, a racing game or licensed sports game for the NBA-

My point still stands: It’s a large pool of playable characters each one with their own unique abilities, personalities, & playstyles.

Which puts it EXACTLY in the same category with DST.

There is a clear difference in 18 and 400, shocking for you, propably.

I always feel like Wilbur was a really unimpressive and redundant character. I'd really appreciate him getting some time in the spotlight.

His tail- Imagine having a second hand slot. A walking cane + any weapon or tool. 

Poop throwing- I saw this as no more than a novelty. Same as the slingshot, so you can kill a few birds, is that supposed to be impressive? I'd like to see some sort of fear effect similar to Wigfrids startling soliloquy. Also expand this to other throwables like phlegm to trap enemies. 

Monkey huts- Make it so the monkeys can gather grass, twigs, berries, honey, and vegetables.

Shadow monkey- So much to explore here. Why do they transform? What else can trigger it? Could he gain nightvision for a temporary amount of time? Could he gain a usable and powerful weaponless attack (some monkeys have very powerful claws that can rip your face off)?

Banana trees- Could Wilbur produce some seeds after eating some bananas? Maybe. 

I could do without the speed penalty too honestly. Made kiting insufferable and what made me never play the character past the first time I played him. 

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

What do you mean by this? Maxwell & Wickerbottom are very wise.

Not really. Maxwell became wise after what he saw after throne, Wickerbottom is wise after she reads a lot of books about that universe. But wortox is an imp and he is interacted more than anything in this world. He even know about ancient ones' buildings. He might be saw the ancient ones.

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

Does Wilson count?

No but maybe wolfgang would.

7 hours ago, Horsheen said:

I mean Wilba is pretty fun, but way too similar to Woodie, it'd take a lot of changes to make her unique I think

I think same as you.

9 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

His tail- Imagine having a second hand slot. A walking cane + any weapon or tool. 

This would be super original perk for a new character.

1 hour ago, Karitha said:

Not really. Maxwell became wise after what he saw after throne, Wickerbottom is wise after she reads a lot of books about that universe. But wortox is an imp and he is interacted more than anything in this world. He even know about ancient ones' buildings. He might be saw the ancient ones.

How is the method of the acquisition of their wisdom at all pertinent to whether or not they're wise?

12 hours ago, Horsheen said:

I mean Wilba is pretty fun, but way too similar to Woodie, it'd take a lot of changes to make her unique I think

4 hours ago, Karitha said:

I think same as you.

I played Wilba and DST Woodie a lot, and disagree with that. Let me point out some key differences in their playstyle:

1. Degree of were-form specialization. Woodie's wereforms are highly specialized, e.i. weregoose is explorer (also can transfer things quite efficiently) and can't do anything except running, werebeaver is wood gatherer (technically he can hammer and mine, but with decreased efficiency compared to Wilson with basic tool), weremoose is tanking-type fighter (has 90% built-in armor), whereas wereWilba mines, digs, hammers with the same efficiency as Wilson (better, than werebeaver in DST, can be improved after porting her in DST to enforce distinction), chops almost on par with werebeaver (6 hits for large tree as wereWilba, 4 - as werebeaver), but can also be explorer and fighter in the same form. Unlike weremoose, wereWilba is kiting-type fighter, with the emphasis on healing rather than using armor. Just like Wigfrid is tanking-type fighter, and Wanda is kiting type, but none of them making other redundant.

2. Wereform traits. They both transform via monster food consumption, and there similarity ends. Let me compare:

-wereWilba is food consumption intensive form, while Woodie's were-forms are near-default food consumption level, or even a way to "hybernate" (save food), so one needs to use different food strategies for them;

-wereWilba can use inventory, while wereWoodie can't, which adds even more versatility to wereWilba's form via allowing to pick resources as soon as they are acquired, prolong were-form duration, etc. But this versatility is limited, sinse she can't use backpack or even carry it with her, so player needs to either return to the location backpack was dropped, or recraft it upon turning to normal Wilba. Woodie, on the other hand, keeps all kinds of backpacks on him, so he is less hindered in regard of using non-basic backpacks/travelling in were-form, while Wilba is;

-Wilba in normal and were-form is often limited to her inventory in terms of inventory space, and Woodie has no equivalent form that could teach player to manage inventory while still remain usable. In other words, Wilba has unique teaching role - inventory managment - while Woodie doesn't have particularly that one. Woodie, on the other hand, encourages player to learn rules of map generation, learn healing food recipes to negate health loss due to transformations, plan ahead for tough moments (keep armor, weapon, healing food for the time he transforms back to human Woodie, naked, with 2 terrorbeaks chasing him)). In other words, Wilba and Woodie reward player for mastering different survival skills;

-wereWilba is a monster, wereWoodie is not, which is relevant if there are pigmen or bunnymen hearby (and Wilba likely will be near pigs more often than other surviviors, so turning into monster has negative consequences, which will become much more noticeble after mysterious energy release on that server);

-wereWoodie is insanity-intensive form, and for Wilba insanity-intensive is normal one, so they develop different sanity managment strategies in case player uses were-forms relatively often: instant sanity-raising things for Woodie, topping up sanity while in human form; fighting through occasional shadows for wereWilba, clothing for normal Wilba, absence of need to top up sanity in normal form. Of course, anyone can use both clothing and other means, but wereWoodie experiences extra sanity loss just because he uses were-form, wereas Wilba lessens her sanity loss in were-form; human Woodie, on the contrary, has normal sanity drain, and normal Wilba quickly becomes insane without clothing (partially due to low maximum sanity).

-weremoose has AoE charge, damage reduction to weather effects, while wereWilba is strictly single-target form without weather damage resistance (in DS she is immune to low/high temperature like werebeaver, but she has no armor ready to be applied to weather damage should she be ported to DST, unlike weremoose);

-wereWoodie can't heal unless he ate jellybeans beforehand or used tillweed salve (very rare scenario), eventually Woodie needs to restore health lost to consuming transformation idols; wereWilba heals through time provided she is not starving, and currently fully heals after switching forms (that last thing I think should be removed though, honestly seems like an oversight). Even not considering Wilba-wereWilba transformation full heal, usage of Woodie's were-forms drain additional health, Wilba's were-form restores additional health.

3. Different roles as a surviviors. Human Woodie is ok lumberjack, normal Wilba focuses on pigs. They have clearly different roles in their normal forms, and this distinction can be made even deeper with Wilba's rebalance during possible addition to DST; their wereforms also serve different purposes. I'm more worried about Wilba competing with Webber and Wurt in department of followers, and with Wurt and Maxwell as a resource gatherer.

^^^ this is well thought out, but if Wilba was added to DST, I’m pretty sure just like with Woodie the dropping backpacks thing will be axed, because lets just face facts, anytime the player has to drop their stash in multiplayer- someone comes along and is like “oh for Me?, you shouldn’t have!”

I would imagine that if Wilba was added to DST they would change her up a little bit, I would absolutely LOVE for her to expand pig kingdom while Wurt expands Merm kingdom, and they’ve been raised to hate each other but want to be best friends: Some kind of reverse Romeo & Juliet type thing but instead of lovers, just friends who want to play with and spend time together so they sneak off away from their own kind to play.

Wilba as a playable character could probably even get exclusive new crafts like jewelry necklaces similar to the ones that adorn Pig Kings Horns preventing him from transforming into a Werepig during full moon cycles, I would imagine she would have the power to craft and then give these to the games Pigmen mobs- Maybe even extending into Being able to contain or Force their Wereforms, being able to Befriend BOTH forms but only while she matches them.

Which would allow options like: Werepig workers to become a thing.

Any and all perks related to hamlet like the currency system would ultimately need to be axed, but there’s a ton of potential to bring a reworked Wilba to DST that still plays like Wilba… but with changes that more appropriately fit DST.

With Webber being able to go around literally controlling and containing growth of spider dens now: Anything is possible for a Wilba Rework..

I just hope Klei ISNT listening to the fans saying “We already have Woodie & Wurt, we don’t need a pig girl who turns into a Werepig & expands her kinds kingdom”

That is a very poor way to look at things: Plus, some people really just want their favorite Single player DLC characters in the game already!

8 hours ago, Pig Princess said:

Sniff

You just write about how Wilba makes Woodie's job in a different way. If you are gonna compare characters like that, you can not say any role of DS characters taken by DST characters. I mean we all talk about how Wortox take Wheleer's dodges, how Walter take Wheeler's pew-o-matic, how Wanda take teleport ability of Waggstaff but the difference in those characters are more than Woodie-Wilba difference. I would say okay even she do the material gathering job in different way but even their methods are same, transforming to werewolfes.

Just realize a character that added to the game, Woorlay and she can do same thing that Warly does. Now realize only difference between this two is Woorlay does the job slower and have to mix his crockpot every few seconds. They both does same thing in almost same way and realize how strange does it sounds.

In my opinion, even Maxwell's puppets is just a Woodie alternative. I believe he really needs a rework and his shadows should be able to collect materials and do jobs for him. Now she could be added into a game but she would need GIANT reworks to feel original and don't repeat.

2 hours ago, Zeklo said:

If Wilba ever came to DST I'd want her to have a whole new set of art assets, because while her current style fits Halmet's pigs it's rather off-putting everywhere else.

I got a feeling your going to “eventually” be disappointed, I actually hate the way pigs look in DST.. okay so maybe becoming civilized human like beings is a little too far, but Hamlet takes place in the skies above DST, and therefore is much closer to the moon.. the very same moon that has all sorts of wacky effects on the game. It is evident all throughout Hamlet- Plants come to life, pigs become intelligent, Primeapes and Spiders become fused together into some Spider-Ape looking thing that looks like one of Ben Tennisons alien transformations, Mandrakes become horrifying.

That’s JUST Hamlet.. now at the start of Return of Them updates when the moon literally broke and a large chunk of it landed into the waters of DST, carrots animated to life as Rat Carrot hybrid, Spiders & Wobster dens become infused with Moon Glass shards, Things that were previously killed by the survivors (Horror Hound, Moonrock Pengull) animate back to life like something from a zombie movie, farm crops become freakishly alien sized and gigantic.

There is a THEME there that people are either being blind to, or Klei is straight up ignoring for whatever reason.

What I would like is to see pigs (& Merms alike) starting to show “signs” of becoming more intelligent now that a part of the moon is in the water with them: like for example- maybe they will start wearing winter clothing in winter, and trying to cool off in summer, instead of just running around being “pig eat food!”

Dont Starve Together started out just being DS but with a few friends, but Today: with all the newer contents & updates It’s evolved into its own thing.. a DS 2 if you want to call it that, and it’s time it started feeling more and more like an actual sequel then just some “What If” project Klei threw together to see what would happen.

Archived