Do you wanna add a pigmaaan?

Pig Poll  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a pig character in game?

• YES YES! OINK! (based)
    • No, i'm a mermlover (cringe)
  2. 2. If yes, who would you want it be?

• "Wilba" The Royal Adventurer
    • Different male pig character
    • Different female pig character
    • I said no.
  3. 3. If no, would you want another animal/monster character in game?

• Yes (Tell me in comments)
    • Nope, we have enough of non-human characters.
    • Nope, we have enough of characters.
    • I said yes.

I know we just got the Wanda fresh, but maybe this is best time to think about next (if we are gonna get). Pigs are significantly important creatures in DS worlds. Would you want to see a pig character in DST too? If you don't would you want another animal/monster based character?

Personally I would like to see a male pig character that is really wise, quiet, wounded/slow and have a sad backstory, maybe someone even pig king respects. The only person we know is wise is Wortox and he act like a child. Don't know about his personality but swamp elder pigs looks really cool.

Steam Community :: Guide :: Your Guide To Being Gorge-ous! *OUT NOW!*

2 hours ago, Dr.Medic said:

wurt is a merm as you may know a fish person if you so will and is not a lizard

I was thinking about making a post on this, but there’s much more pointing to her being a lizard than a fish or amphibian.

In short

Completely green

Scales

Claws

Horns

Frills

Fish don’t have most of those. And remember there are plenty of aquatic reptiles, like alligators and turtles 

1 hour ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

I was thinking about making a post on this, but there’s much more pointing to her being a lizard than a fish or amphibian.

In short

Completely green

Scales

Claws

Horns

Frills

Fish don’t have most of those. And remember there are plenty of aquatic reptiles, like alligators and turtles 

and actualy merms are a lovecraftian creature that do actualy worse things then you may think and the creatore of merms says that those are fish people so by that not a lizard you know lizard people right? wurt is clearly not one just look at my icon tahts in fact a more typical lizard person

Realistically speaking: there are only 4 more character reworks left on Klei’s To-Do list WX78, Wickerbottom, Wilson & Maxwell

(I’m not counting Wolfgang because his rework has already been announced)

IF Klei were to add the remaining DLC Cast Walani, Wilbur, Woodlegs, Wilba, Wheeler & Wagstaff that is only an Additional 6 characters left to add to the game.

When I look at MOBA games like Smite with 200+ playable characters, DSTs list of 18 (24 if the above DLCs are included) is rather small.. 

Klei’s said something along the lines of they didn’t want to add the DLC characters because they didn’t want their fans to feel like they were reselling them the same thing  but what Klei is over looking is those DLC characters already have fans eagerly waiting to play as them in Multiplayer with their friends outside of the (now highly outdated) single-player game.

If a Pig Character is to be added, it would be an Insult to Wilba fans to be anything OTHER than Wilba Herself..

I also think with the Reworks list getting shorter, adding 6 more Official characters to that list would only extend the content updates were getting for the game.

Thats a GOOD thing right? Keep the players coming back for something new each month??

As a Writer- I Really want to know what happened to the 6 DLC characters, where they’re at now, what they’re doing.. why they aren’t playable? Why I haven’t seen them as NPC’s (with exception to Wagstaff) if they are all still trapped in the same world with Me?

I think When Klei added Warly & Wormwood to DST they simply were not prepared for the flood of players begging for their “not yet added favorite DLC characters”

The TL:DR- Yes add Wilba to the game already.. 

I think we have a good balance of monster and human characters. After all, the main narrative is about the people that were kidnapped to the shadow realm. Not about the monsters that originate within. Considering only Wurt is actually playing that role (as Wortox is just visiting, Wormwood got created by accident and doesn't belong as much as any human character, and Webber got transformed by the constant in the normal world so he's technically still playing the role of a kidnapped human) we really don't need any more. I wouldn't be surprised if Wanda was the last new character for a while, until they decide to (God forbid) add Wagstaff or free Charlie from the throne. 

3 minutes ago, Well-met said:

what niche is there even left? 

The pig apparently lol. I don't really see the appeal but I know a lot of people want it. Might as well knock all three out and give us Captain Moon Pig, a Werepig pirate who, through his many adventures on the sea, has unlocked the secrets of the moon

1 hour ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

I was more interested in something from Klei, while lovecraft is a thing, so is the creature from the black lagoon.

i dont know where but someone asked why merms drop whit fish alsol froglegs and someone at klei says is that there something like a hyprit of fish and frog but it still stands it that way wurt is not a lizard

I would like Wilba to be added to DST, but I would also like original cast of characters be reworked before any new one addition.

As for DS DLC's characters, I don't think additing them to DST would be reselling the same content, because DST differs from RoG DS significantly now (playstyle is influenced by both character's traits and environment), and any added character would need to be rebalanced to better suit teamplay and DST (not RoG, Hamlet or SW) map, mechanics and encounters.

If Wilba ever came to DST, I would like following things to be taken into account during rebalance:

1. Solve wereWilba's "Wolfgang problem". Currently in DS wereWilba has 400% hunger drain in exchange for hambat damage and 150% speed (for comparison, 300% hunger drain for Wolfgang on full stomach, 200% damage and 125% speed), which is fine in single player, since player has a full map for personal use, but it's not fine in DST. Furthermore, just like Wolfgang, wereWilba doesn't have something to give in return to the team except extra loot from extra mobs killed should she be ported in DST as is. Personally, I would like hambat damage and 150% speed to stay, and focus on benefits this form can provide to others while still being challenging, as well as still serve as fighting option with emphasis on kiting and healing, rather than tanking and using armor (for the latter there is Woodie's weremoose, fighting normally as Maxwell or Wanda, for the former - Webber, and to some extent Wortox).

2. Define Wilba's role in DST cast as a survivior. Woodie is already jack of all trades, werebeaver/Maxwell's puppets/Wurt's merms are already wood gatherers, so that should be kept in mind. wereWilba, however, can fill role of rock gatherer (together with Maxwell), and be the best hammer of the game (relevant in destroying broken clockworks, walls, structurs like monkey pods (as soon as possible and in dangerous place/time)). She also could be given ability do dig up turf, but only after some condition being fullfilled, so she won't dig up ground on accident and produce lag.

Default form of Wilba should also be integrated in her kit: I would like her to focus on pigs, but unlike Wurt and Webber who are focused on appropriate species as followers, focus on pigs economy/culture/social life in general. I suggested in "Suggestions and feedback" to make pigs traders, but that was one example in the sea of possibilities. The key there is to focus on pigs, but without Wilba competing after the same role with Wurt or Webber (in terms of followers), with Wurt, Maxwell or Woodie (as a basic resource gatherer).

3. Small, but important changes. Wilba has no need of full heal upon turning wereWilba and vise versa: not only this is too strong, it directly steps on Wortox's and Wanda's toes, as well as eliminates the need of learning healing options of the game. I would like Wilba<->wereWilba transition to keep percentage of health from previous form, and also keep health regeneration in wereWiba form. Maybe make health regen to be modifiable to lower and higher rates depending on player's actions.

Also I would like to remove godmod during turning animation, and instead make Wilba/wereWilba skip animation upon receiving damage, just like werepigs do.

Silver necklace should either become craftable and benefit both Wilba and Woodie, or be removed for balance reasons.

4. Add extra features to Wilba and wereWilba, including advantages and disadvantages, that raise skill ceiling, and ideally don't lower skill floor to potato level. I would like to see how Klei would change her to suit DST environment and team.

Besides all of that, in case Wilba was ever added to DST, I would like some lore about possible link between mysterious energy and aporkalypse to be revealed. Who is Ancient Herald and whether he was connected to Fuelweaver, to ancient people tragic story, in case yes - how? Why pigs are vulnerable to curse, why not other creatures or Hamlet's pigs? Lore about Forge pigs, ancient pig ruins, and whether mants are connected to ancient people (in ancient pig ruins, containing crafts of thulecite-based technology, one can find statues of pigs and ones similar to mants) would be appreciated too. I would like to also watch at least part of story of pig civilization, origin of war with merms, etc. I would also like to know if nightmare cycle will affect Wilba similar to monkeys in case she comes to DST.

Archived