Do you wanna add a pigmaaan?

Pig Poll  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a pig character in game?

• YES YES! OINK! (based)
    • No, i'm a mermlover (cringe)
  2. 2. If yes, who would you want it be?

• "Wilba" The Royal Adventurer
    • Different male pig character
    • Different female pig character
    • I said no.
  3. 3. If no, would you want another animal/monster character in game?

• Yes (Tell me in comments)
    • Nope, we have enough of non-human characters.
    • Nope, we have enough of characters.
    • I said yes.

Unfortunately Wilba is in an awkward spot where her DLC focus (Hamlet perks and werepigism) overlap heavily with two other survivors: Woodie and to a less-refined degree Wurt. If you build on her as a more developed Hamlet thing the Wurt players (a paid character, no less) are gonna feel super shafted and the werepig thing, while distinct from Woodie's, would also be wishy-washy and wouldn't feel great as a stand-alone perk.

Given that, I'd much rather Wurt's hamlet-esque mechanic get ironed out rather than introduce a character with an upgraded version of an old character's mechanic. I really feel like there is no way to bring Wilba specifically in without reworking her to be well... not Wilba.

Overall though, given where Wurt stands, I don't think a Pig-based character has much to offer.

I do love non-human playable characters though and Klei's have been DELIGHTFUL little guys. I'd love to see more and if they could thing of something off the walls for a pig than sure, maybe, but a pig-themed pig character just feels like its been split up already. Id sooner want the shipwrecked monkey. 

Archived