Wigfrid has been arrested for breaking several federal laws, as shown through a brief rundown of her perks.

Wigfrid.

The actress.

Another combat player.

At war with Wolfgang.

Back by unpopular demand, it's me. Yeah, it's Wigfrid. Yeah, I'm gonna call her dumb and stinky. It's par for the course at this rate. But before that, let's see what makes Wigfrid tick (YOOOO THEY SAID TICK?!?!?!?! WANDA DUMB AND STINKY CONFIRMED??????)

Act 1: Rise of the Valkyrie

Alright, first off let's preface with the fact Wigfrid is not a viking, but is actually a stage performer. This is very important.

Wigfrid's main perk is her permanent 25% bonus in combat, which is a 25% defense bonus from all sources, and, if I remember correctly, a 25% damage bonus to everything.

She can also craft battle spears and helmets for the team, which are better than their normal counterparts.

Her main downside is the fact that she can only eat meat. And goodies. This means she won't have access to easy food when out and about, and will have to resort to hunts and killing small animals. No more eating bits and bobs to avoid starvation for you! This, along with her low max hunger, gives her a good and mostly balanced downside.

Along with all this, she also has lifesteal. When attacking an enemy, she gains health and sanity using some wacky calculations, and, in all honesty, I don't know how they work and I don't want to know.

Act 2: Hit Those High Notes

In her refresh, Wigfrid got an inspiration meter and various songs to craft in the stagecraft crafting tab.

Inspiration is obtained by returning to your primal monkey instincts and just hitting those bad guys. Along with the monkeys. Yeah, hit those too.

She gets more inspiration if the foe she faces can kick her ass easily (see: bosses). This includes every mob with special battle music, because music is important for inspiration.

This inspiration can be used to make scrolls, which, when used, cause varying things to happen for you, your enemies, or your team.

Starting off with the two small and boring ones, Startling Soliquity and Rude Interlude, these scrolls spook enemies or make them aggro you, depending on the scroll used. You can figure out which scroll startles enemies and which one aggros through reading and the process of elimination. Unless you can't. Then you're dumb, and maybe a little stinky.

Next are the scrolls that affect players.

Heartrending Ballad gives Wigfrid more lifesteal and gives everyone else around Wigfrid lifesteal. Not sanity steal though.

Bel Canto of Courage makes everyone around Wigfrid take less bosses from those foes that can scare the hell out of everyone except Walter because Walter's too insane to get scared.

The Weapon One I Forgot The Name Of makes people's weapons drain durability slower. How does a song do this, you ask? Clearly you've never listened to music while beating the hell out of someone.

The Firey One, I'm Forgetful And Also Forgot This Ones Name makes you take 33% less damage from fire. Yeah, that's it. Use this against Klaus and Dragonfly, I guess? And Willow mains in PvP.

And finally, the Clear Minded Cadenza gives players sanity steal. Because they deserve it.

Act 3: What I Would Add

Honestly? I would just change the firey one so that it was actually useful. Either make more enemies use fire, or give it a bonus against seasons instead of fire.

Alright, that's it. Go yell at me in the comments about how I didn't call Wigfrid dumb and stinky at all this post.

22 minutes ago, Beeremy the III said:

yup that's the post

Yeah, and there isn't that much point to it. People can just check the wiki, and I'm pretty sure that people who regularly visit the forums already know very well what Wigfrid does

Appreciate this thread for what it is. It's a beautiful homage to other intellectual threads that used to appear from time to time that we haven't seen in a long while. Can't you feel the nostalgia? Ever so often a thread would spring forth with the latest hot tips from new players who had just discovered that by feeding a pig man four monster meat you can turn it into a werepig, eager to share their best take on how to survive past day 10, including elaborate lists of assorted in-game items that are already self-explanatory.

I’m sad you didn’t say she was short, dumb and stinky.

Short because she’s not as tall as Maxwell (shown as fact in her animated short)

Dumb because she thinks she’s a mighty Viking warrior but she’s only pretending to be one in a opera role.

Stinky because she kills many many things up close & personally and showers in the paint of War.

17 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m sad you didn’t say she was short, dumb and stinky.

Short because she’s not as tall as Maxwell (shown as fact in her animated short)

Dumb because she thinks she’s a mighty Viking warrior but she’s only pretending to be one in a opera role.

Stinky because she kills many many things up close & personally and showers in the paint of War.

The Stinky part is somewhat spot on due to other fact too. Remember her quote about her "battle boots" when inspecting a Durian?

34 minutes ago, prettynuggets said:

smh i actually dont mind wigfrid but her voice is somehow too loud . need play on mute . or my ears bleed .

I know some people who are like this in real life.

Granted they dont talk in instruments but are as loud as ones.

Kinda fits with Wigfrids theme ngl.

Archived