A list of the best (if obscure) DST YouTube channels

The DST community is FILLED with hidden gems on YouTube, but they can often be hard to find. Some of them just make one off videos, others have entire channels dedicated to obscure but incredibly useful information. (I'm not talking about channels like EdgyRick)

Creators like Splorange or Helicalpuma are amazing and contribute(d) a lot to the community. So I'll go ahead and post my initial list, and I'd love for others to add some to the list so we can compile a comprehensive list of insightful channels. (Trying to avoid channels like Jazzy or DemonRebuilt, as they are already well known and I don't think provide the same sort of knowledgeable tidbits that the other channels do -- they are great though, nothing against them)

There are a bunch more I know of, but I can't recall them at the moment. Please contribute more to the list, and I will compile them in the main post as time goes on!

DST Content Creators (In no particular order)

Splorange's YouTube - All things DST. This person rocks. I'm sure avid members of the DST community know of her, but nonetheless, they must be mentioned. If you are looking for obscure but insanely useful DST knowledge, this is the place to be.

Helicalpuma's YouTube - Another revered member of the DST community. Unfortunately, he is no longer with us due to his recent passing, but he lives on through the community in many members such as myself from his tutelage. He was an insanely skilled DST player with a wealth of knowledge and strategies for playing the game. Fantastic content creator who must be mentioned.

Guille's YouTube - Skilled DST player whose videos specialize in ruins rushing strategies with different characters. Uploads fairly frequently, and I love watching them to better learn how to rush ruins with certain characters, as I love doing that myself (I look forward to your future Wanda rushes ;) @Guille6785)

Pickleplayer's YouTube - A talented DST modder who seems very dedicated and passionate to the community! They seem to currently be working on a HUGE project that aims to combine Super Smash Bro's with Don't Starve Together. As someone who is obsessed with the SSB franchise, I can say I am really looking forward to this mod. (Credit: @Hornete)

Lakhnish Monster's YouTube - Similar to Splorange, Lakhnish produces very comprehensive, thoughtful, informative videos of all things DST. They are a very active member in the community who has contributed greatly to my knowledge - and I'm sure many others. One of my personal favorites!

CatPerson's YouTube - CatPerson is a very skilled player with a variety of DST-related videos. Their videos range from informative to experimental. Sometimes they're doing a particularly difficult challenge and explaining it step by step, other times they're covering the latest updates or diving into the lesser known bits of gameplay mechanics. A great player/creator, with an eargasmic voice to boot.

Freddo Films' YouTube - FreddoFilms is more of a content-review kind of creator. Their videos aim at rating the content that DST has provided over the years. They don't upload super often, but you can certainly expect them to upload some sort of critique when freshly released content arrives to DST. Check them out if you want to chill and listen to insightful critiques of DST mechanics and design choices.

JazzyGames' YouTube - The golden standard for DST content creation. I'm sure everyone knows Jazzy, but for those that don't, he is the premier DST content creator (mainly a streamer, but also publishes videos), in my opinion. He has a vast amount of videos both entertaining and/or informative. He's been a consistent ambassador for the DST community for a long time now, and his content is reflective of this. A lot of work is put into his content to provide the viewer a smooth, palatable viewing experience across the board.

1 minute ago, Souper said:

Splorange's YouTube - All things DST. This dude rocks. I'm sure avid members of the DST community know of him, but nonetheless, they must be mentioned. If you are looking for obscure but insanely useful DST knowledge, this is the place to be.

Splorange is a super awesome content creator! I agree. Just to let you know though, she uses she/her pronouns :).

I really like pickleplayer a lot, Not the most active person but their silly modding videos are really fun to check out once in a while, and theyve got some amazing projects under their belt.

2 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Splorange is a super awesome content creator! I agree. Just to let you know though, she uses she/her pronouns :).

I really like pickleplayer a lot, Not the most active person but their silly modding videos are really fun to check out once in a while, and theyve got some amazing projects under their belt.

Thank you so much! I was worried about this. Just corrected it :)

47 minutes ago, MidasHow said:

Im a Beard 777 enjoyer. 

Can't say the same. I would enjoy his content much more if he didn't have the quirky way of speaking. It feels forced and unnecessary, while other creators can get out the same amount of information in a more digestible and professional format in half the time.

That's just my personal opinion though.

1 minute ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Although he's switched mainly to 7 Days To Die content recently, MisutoM has some really good guides and speedruns.

I also think that Freddo Films' videos and opinions deserve further discussion and attention. They're pretty well-thought-out and thought-provoking.

Love Freddo Films. I'll check out MisutoM!

Rhovious has an amazing yt channel if you're into base building.

Catperson has some let's plays and boss rushes in which he demonstrates incredible skill at the game. 

Jazzy is well known, but he still has far too few subscribers on yt for how high quality and effort all of his videos are. 

7 hours ago, Third Porkus said:

I mean I'm friends with him but he doesn't really post often and most his vids are just a group of people killing a boss fast

I have 1 video with more than one person. It’s usually just me demonstrating cheese methods I find. But it is true I haven’t uploaded in months. 

My personal favorites are CatPerson, Freddo Films, Splorange, Lahknish, and Zeklo (hope your jaw is healing well, Zeklo).

1 hour ago, Fridgetty said:

are youtubers that don't post guides and just post random dst videos that will not benefit or improve your gameplay or your knowledge in lore count ?

Cabbage and Joel Webs. Joel posts memes (also some memes are not DST but most of them are).

Archived