Dst character roles

This doesn’t tell anyone anything, this is confusing and also probably based on your own preferences 

However: characters actually DO have a specific set of skills or abilities that teaches you new things about the game or teaches you how to play the game in a different way then you have been.

Wendy players will very quickly on learn the importance behind Top Hats for example.

Wigfrid players learn to survive on an entirely meats only diet.

Wurt players learn to survive on an entirely veggie diet.

Wormwood teaches how to find other methods of healing beyond pierogi.

This list goes on and on like this..

You try to classify them under Support, Gather or Fighter- But depending on HOW your using them or what your doing, anyone (including Wes) can be any of these things.

Actually I would EVEN argue that since Wes can craft a few balloons to restore Sanity with Confetti Party and Balloons to quickly run around the map- he makes decent Support AND Gatherer.

But again- this all boils down to what you do as the character, and your list in fact no scratch that ANY TIER LIST is confusing & misinforming to newer players..

my advice is they should play all the characters to find one who’s strengths and weaknesses fit into their own personal playstyle.

WURT can be just as much (if not more) of a Fighter than Wigfrid, Wolfgang and WX78.. just depends on WHAT you do as her.

11 minutes ago, MatthewLovesYou said:

Are tierlist bad? When i start playing new games tierlists are good for showing what is the meta and what is not so i don't understand what you mean

Focusing on stats in this game is no way to play, learning strategies and getting a feel for things is one of the few ways to improve, just because you picked wolfgang doesn't mean you'll make it far.

54 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

This doesn’t tell anyone anything, this is confusing and also probably based on your own preferences 

he just made a graph classifying the character perks into 3 categories. I dont see how it is confusing or based in his preference when chops faster = gather faster is like 1+1=2.

Your large comment isnt related to the topic at all

14 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

he just made a graph classifying the character perks into 3 categories. I dont see how it is confusing or based in his preference when chops faster = gather faster is like 1+1=2.

Again.. it comes down to who your playing as and more importantly WHAT your doing as them 

Wes can craft a free speedy balloon that has him zooming around the map, which may become useless later into the game: but during the first few days he can quickly gather things like sticks from twiggy trees, cactus, reeds, flowers, etc… basically any resource that doesn’t involve chopping a tree and he can do it FASTER than any other character in the game unless: Your Wurt and in a Swamp, Your Webber and in a Spider infested biome, or Your Walter and have gathered MM to transform Woby to large form- Which again… as soon as Wes spawns he can craft his balloon meanwhile- WX78, Wormwood, Walter, Wurt or Webber have to reach specific requirements to zoom around at faster speeds.

So does that make Wes automatically the BEST gatherer for flowers, saplings, etc?

The same logic can be used with Wurt and a massive army of 400+ Merms in a swamp- Are they any less effective then Wolfgang or Wigfrid? No.. they’re probably far more useful if I’m being honest.

My point is: Tierlists are biased to whoever made the tier list.. and As much hate as I used to give Wes- You’d be surprised at where I would rank him in my own personal tierlist now.

(I’ll give you a hint: He’s Above Warly & Wilson at the Moment)

Wes’s rework isn’t anything to quickly dismiss either, he has sanity gain balloons, speedy balloons, and doesn’t even require the gathering of any additional resources to use them (unlike all other characters including Wendy with Ectoherbology)

You see my post as off-topic, Meanwhile I’m just trying to provide logic as to why I don’t agree with Ops tier list.

but don’t feel too bad op.. I don’t agree with anyone’s tierlist but my own.. and no one else should either. ;) 

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

Again.. it comes down to who your playing as and more importantly WHAT your doing as them

wigfrid has extra fighting stats+items and buffs for the team = fighter/support, if you wanna pick flowers as her is ok but that doesnt convert her in a good gatherer or something

10 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wes can craft a free speedy balloon that has him zooming around the map, which may become useless later into the game: but during the first few days he can quickly gather things like sticks from twiggy trees, cactus, reeds, flowers, etc… basically any resource that doesn’t involve chopping a tree and he can do it FASTER than any other character in the game unless: Your Wurt and in a Swamp, Your Webber and in a Spider infested biome, or Your Walter and have gathered MM to transform Woby to large form- Which again… as soon as Wes spawns he can craft his balloon meanwhile- WX78, Wormwood, Walter, Wurt or Webber have to reach specific requirements to zoom around at faster speeds.

So does that make Wes automatically the BEST gatherer for flowers, saplings, etc?

The same logic can be used with Wurt and a massive army of 400+ Merms in a swamp- Are they any less effective then Wolfgang or Wigfrid? No.. they’re probably far more useful if I’m being honest.

My point is: Tierlists are biased to whoever made the tier list.. and As much hate as I used to give Wes- You’d be surprised at we’re I would rank him in my own personal tierlist now.

(I’ll give you a hint: He’s Above Warly & Wilson at the Moment)

Wes’s rework isn’t anything to quickly dismiss either, he has sanity gain balloons, speedy balloons, and doesn’t even require the gathering of any additional resources to use them (unlike all other characters including Wendy with Ectoherbology)

You see my post as off-topic, Meanwhile I’m just trying to provide logic as to why I don’t agree with Ops tier list.

but don’t feel too bad op.. I don’t agree with anyone’s tierlist but my own.. and no one else should either. ;) 

i don't feel bad if you don't agree with this its okay but i assumed that they are placed in doing only one job, so warly could be fighting all day, but he also could be making food for everyone and its much better. I hope you understand what i mean.

This is an ok start but I'd still suggest new players ask veteran players for suggestions or try each character out.

Since this is only scratching the surface of most characters. 

"If you hand me a handful of seeds, I will give you back a handful of ash."

-Wormwood and the art of war

I don't play multiplayer but if I need a lot of wood I simply kill dragonfly I cut down all required wood for cooking and warmth to 0. In this case fighting reduced the stress on resources.

You also have to account for resources used when fighting. Wolfgang can fight sure, but Woodie can provide himself with tons of wood armor and requires less healing/armor with weremoose form. In this case resource gathering was used for fighting.

Characters aren't limited by their perks but how the player decides to approach a problem. I'd chose a character based on what's comfortable to that person.

13 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

This is an ok start but I'd still suggest new players ask veteran players for suggestions or try each character out.

Since this is only scratching the surface of most characters. 

"If you hand me a handful of seeds, I will give you back a handful of ash."

-Wormwood and the art of war

I don't play multiplayer but if I need a lot of wood I simply kill dragonfly I cut down all required wood for cooking and warmth to 0. In this case fighting reduced the stress on resources.

You also have to account for resources used when fighting. Wolfgang can fight sure, but Woodie can provide himself with tons of wood armor and requires less healing/armor with weremoose form. In this case resource gathering was used for fighting.

Characters aren't limited by their perks but how the player decides to approach a problem. I'd chose a character based on what's comfortable to that person.

I try to be as objective as I can, so I to imagine them in a "void" if you know what i mean and what is hte best thing they do there i hope i sound somewhat understandable.

Yeah personally I would put willow more towards support + fighter rather than fighter + gatherer.

Because of Bernie taking shadow creatures off of other people, allowing them to fight bosses and such while insane without having to worry about their insanity adding to the fight

I really dislike assigning characters to "roles" in this game, it gives off the impression that they shouldn't try to participate in anything other than what their perks encourage them to, when in reality character choice only affects like 5% of what you can accomplish, the remaining 95% is up to the player's execution

every single character can be an extremely proficient fighter, resource gatherer and support depending on how well the player utilizes them

tl;dr stop caring about character choice, play whoever you want and focus on improving yourself

20 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

I really dislike assigning characters to "roles" in this game, it gives off the impression that they shouldn't try to participate in anything other than what their perks encourage them to, when in reality character choice only affects like 5% of what you can accomplish, the remaining 95% is up to the player's execution

every single character can be an extremely proficient fighter, resource gatherer and support depending on how well the player utilizes them

tl;dr stop caring about character choice, play whoever you want and focus on improving yourself

I agree with 98% of this.. 2% I DON’T agree with is that no character other than Wendy and Wendy ALONE should ever dare attempt to fight frog rain. :lol:

1 hour ago, MatthewLovesYou said:

I try to be as objective as I can, so I to imagine them in a "void" if you know what i mean and what is hte best thing they do there i hope i sound somewhat understandable.

I think it would be better that you separated them base on proficiency and not character role. Wolfgang is more proficient at fighting than Wormwood but there's no reason why Wormwood wouldn't fight.

Character roles don't exists in this game imo. Character roles is more when a character is a healer but literally cant do anything else, like a white mage. 

I'd also replace gatherer for resource management and remove support. Instead of support I would add exploration, exploration perks are very important early to mid game game and in the late game speed is still an important factor. As for resource management, sanity, health and hunger can all be categorized as a type of resource on top of the basic things like rocks and wood. 

Wes for example, would be at the very edge of exploration. He has a perk that helps the party fill the map quickly.

Wendy is the best fighter, Wormwood is a great fighter, Wortox is more of a fighter than a support, Warly is a great fighter, Wes is a support, I'd argue that Winona is a fighter since she's only ever picked for her catapults, Wickerbottom is a good fighter because blowdarts are OP, etc. 

Also why is Wurt so tiny?

7 minutes ago, TheFat said:

Wes role in the game is the difficulty slider, you can adjust the difficulty of the game by allowing or banning wes player(s) in your server

A good Wes will make the lives of a bad anyone else a lot easier. People frequently die to sanity while Wes can easily provide infinite sanity to everyone.

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I agree with 98% of this.. 2% I DON’T agree with is that no character other than Wendy and Wendy ALONE should ever dare attempt to fight frog rain. :lol:

Getting a merm guard army keeps you safe from frog rains plenty well, since they kill them in two shots, and can tank a huge amount of tongue licks.

10 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

1 hour ago, Masked Koopa said:

Getting a merm guard army keeps you safe from frog rains plenty well, since they kill them in two shots, and can tank a huge amount of tongue licks.

Woodie: hold my axe

13 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

A Wenn diagram could have illustrated such classification better. Or three bars of the stats ("fighting", "gathering", "support"), with a character symbol on each to indicate the level. If a tripolar spectrum is used with "gatherer" and "fighter" at opposing ends it suggests that being a good gatherer is the opposite of being a good fighter and vice versa. This isn't true in the game. What if a character is both a stellar fighter and a stellar gatherer? If you place them at equal distances in the middle it implies they are average at fighting and average at gathering. Unless the diagram shows relative attributes. That would make slightly more sense, but still not entirely. Either that... my logical thinking is very mediocre (okay, that is hardly a surprise :nightmare:).

Archived