Griefer attack.

this is one of the griefers. she came in helped out then when ppl started joining the server *Klei ded. Ser.* she turned the group on me by being pushy *note that is a guilt thing* and then  proceeded tomake racist comments an other words.i have 3 of 4 accounts blocked this one as you see.As you can see.... im standing there was taking screen shots of her. griefer yes... rasist *#^&^#&*# is a huge no for me

295073564_Screenshot2021-08-21071354.thumb.jpg.a938bde25eed3f09f4d73207c72778d7.jpg

Screenshot 2021-08-21 073006.jpg

Screenshot 2021-08-21 073029.jpg

Ran into them before, this person is part of an active griefer trio that runs around on public Klei servers after getting banned by DST dedicated group. General best course of action if encountered is to vote kick them (provided enough player days) and don't give them any time, they are a bunch of trolls in general.

5 hours ago, Terra B Welch said:

man imagine griefers existing in 2021...

To think there's still people out there that are this low, I hate sounding judgemental, I'm just sick of stuff like this.

Griefers exist and always will exist, time passing doesn't change that. I feel sorry for them if anything 

6 hours ago, Terra B Welch said:

man imagine griefers existing in 2021...

To think there's still people out there that are this low, I hate sounding judgemental, I'm just sick of stuff like this.

Can't really do anything about griefers, they'll always exist. I think the worst part is that this person and their other 2 griefer friends proudly talk about themselves as griefers and talk like griefing is a really fun thing, and that they make homophobic, racist, and transphobic comments, even on their own profile. 

54 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

Griefers exist and always will exist, time passing doesn't change that. I feel sorry for them if anything 

I understand some forms of griefing, like duping in minecraft pay to win servers(they literally violate the EULA and are scamming children), but going onto servers that aren't harming anyone, that aren't breaking any rules/laws I feel isn't cool, I know griefers will always exist, but god stuff like this irritates me.

It doesn't help that it's obvious this individual is very anti-LGBTQ and also a racist.

Usually these kind of “post and shame “ are frown upon the forums as Klei can’t (and probably shouldn’t honestly) enforce acting a police of their game. Griefers on public servers are part of the game. We used to make the main base hidden somewhere hard to reach usually in the caves, while leaving a simple fake base for newcomers at oasis, which got vandalized and burned consistently every 30-40 days.

Now that said, these people mentioned by the OP also say innapropiate things and have a profile that goes against steam community guidelines, so they can be reported to steam for THAT. But not for burning your base at DST. He or she would need reporting even if they weren’t a DST griefer.

Just now, Terra B Welch said:

I understand some forms of griefing, like duping in minecraft pay to win servers(they literally violate the EULA and are scamming children), but going onto servers that aren't harming anyone, that aren't breaking any rules/laws I feel isn't cool, I know griefers will always exist, but god stuff like this irritates me.

It doesn't help that it's obvious this indivitual is very anti-LGBTQ and also a racist.

I think you'll very rarely find an adult griefer that's a great person anyway, those things just don't seem to mesh together :D 

As for forms of griefing, I find that the most popular ones in general are just aiming to ruin other people's experience with nothing to gain for said griefer. I mean clearly things aren't going good for you if you spec into griefing, I imagine it's a form of 'I feel bad but maybe I can make others feel worse so I could feel better about myself feeling bad'. I often try to talk to them and understand their motives, some are just kids who don't know any better and think it's fun, some are ****** up adults.

1 minute ago, BeeClops said:

I think you'll very rarely find an adult griefer that's a great person anyway, those things just don't seem to mesh together :D 

As for forms of griefing, I find that the most popular ones in general are just aiming to ruin other people's experience with nothing to gain for said griefer. I mean clearly things aren't going good for you if you spec into griefing, I imagine it's a form of 'I feel bad but maybe I can make others feel worse so I could feel better about myself feeling bad'. I often try to talk to them and understand their motives, some are just kids who don't know any better and think it's fun, some are ****** up adults.

Yeah, usually it’s just kids or teenagers that consider funny seeing or imagining how angry must the other players be.
And the feeling of belonging to an edgy or better type of player who does not care about the game stuff.
They usually don’t know how to play the game correctly either, they probably got the game for free or at a steam sale, and never bothered learning it.

Not that there aren’t exceptions of course, I got griefed by a 1200 hours player once after he played with us for a while. Probably got angry to another player, or who knows what happened there. But that is not the typical case.

1 hour ago, BeeClops said:

I get what you're saying, screw griefing in general, griefing isn't something I do on servers, I'm just saying there are very small occasions where I think it's fine(I'm basically saying not 100% of griefer scenarios are bad, just 99.9%, I'd put something like minecraft P2W server duping on the 0.1%, but in most scenarios, like the one regarded in the OP, it's NOT a good thing to do, and I DO NOT encourage it.)

Ah, the good ol' times when a poor-but-honest neophyte gets griefed on some official pub, then comes to KLei forums with a report thinking KLei would do something about it. The smell of innocence in the air.. and the crass stink of disillusionment afterwards. Good discovery times. Makes me remember why I came to these very forums back in 2017 when trios of trolls were mass resetting servers day 1. MmmmMMMM!

Go for community dedicated servers, OP. The kind that's moderated by admins and have active-and-shared ban lists for such offenses. KLei pubs are no-man's-land where shenanigans and irl insanity run rampant; you go there only for punctual speed runs (bosses, farming, Moon, Ruins, etc), to make fleeting bases in secluded places (Ruins, Lunar Isles, Pearl Island, at Sea), or laugh at the madness in chat. That's it.

50 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Ah, the good ol' times when a poor-but-honest neophyte gets griefed on some official pub, then comes to KLei forums with a report thinking KLei would do something about it. The smell of innocence in the air.. and the crass stink of disillusionment afterwards. Good discovery times. Makes me remember why I came to these very forums back in 2017 when trios of trolls were mass resetting servers day 1. MmmmMMMM!

Go for community dedicated servers, OP. The kind that's moderated by admins and have active-and-shared ban lists for such offenses. KLei pubs are no-man's-land where shenanigans and irl insanity run rampant; you go there only for punctual speed runs (bosses, farming, Moon, Ruins, etc), to make fleeting bases in secluded places (Ruins, Lunar Isles, Pearl Island, at Sea), or laugh at the madness in chat. That's it.

You've summed up klei officials pretty well. Chances are if I ever join one nowadays it's to rush dragonfly.

Try reporting it on the discussion boards of the No Griefer mod rather than here Hyuhyuhyu. This way or that way one of the beauties of DST is that the devs aren't busy with policing the game. It's not a children's game and you don't get a timeout or sent to the discipline box for saying something inappropriate or doing inproper actions like griefing. Your reputation is yours to hold and keep clean. Any decision to punish or embrace such actions is left to the survivors themselves, adding to the theme of ultimately surviving in wilderness rather than a society.

Mods are screened minimally to match the steam guidelines but besides them, you must do something so unredeemably bad like kidnapping a Klei employee irl to be actually blocked in their game.

4 hours ago, ZombieDupe said:

Literally what???

In any unmoderated public server, it is inevitable to get griefers.
Now how you deal with them in such scenario actually becomes part of the game. The fact that most people don't like this or don't know how to deal with it doesn't make it less of a reality. And if you ignore the problem, or pretend they don't exist, your base will burn sooner or later.

There are many ways to deceive griefers, outright lure them to their death, or just hide in places of the world they will never reach. Option B is to have a team that is majority, and kick/rollback every time they attack.

I would second the OP that I have been harassed by this griefer, in multiple incidents. They are very active, and they have accumulated multiple reports in the DST group discord.

They are probably using maphack, usually able to find the base within 2 days, even if the base is unmarked.

They are also very experienced at razing base. They go straight for flingo, cast star at the burnable, and use weather pain. They might also read use the end is nigh to murder players.

This person normally act with 2 other friends, so they usually join as a trio. To kick any member of a trio, you would need at least 4 players on your side. A server can easily fall below 4 players and get targeted by them. So what Klei can do is maybe revise the democracy of voting when kicking. Should a day 1 griefer vote, be valued as a 100 day bona fide player? In real world, convict would not be allowed to vote.

Archived